Has hit 4 homers tonight wow!!!!

Tejastrue
05-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Has hit 4 homers tonight wow!!!!

and a double to boot.. 5-5..:clap:

zebrablue2
05-08-2012, 09:53 PM
and a double to boot.. 5-5..:clap:

The man is a hitting machine and a stud and a pure hitter and power hitter and, well he is damn GOOD........

orange machine
05-08-2012, 10:32 PM
I see a huge contract in his future and hopefully it will have Nolan Ryans signature on it.

orange machine
05-08-2012, 10:48 PM
The Rangers need to get Hamilton signed very soon because if he continues as he is so far his price tag is gonna be astronomical. Tim Kurkjian believes Hamilton will won't a 5 year deal worth over 100k.

Get him signed!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
05-08-2012, 11:12 PM
The Rangers need to get Hamilton signed very soon because if he continues as he is so far his price tag is gonna be astronomical. Tim Kurkjian believes Hamilton will won't a 5 year deal worth over 100k.

Get him signed!!!!!

as I said in other thread..tonight and the start of the season does nothing to help Hamilton..the Rangers know he is MVP caliber...what he has to prove is he can stay healthy and make smart decisions away from the game

Farmersfan
05-09-2012, 07:51 AM
We saw Josh make history last night. Regardless of what happens from this point forward Josh will always be in a very elite class. Only 15 other players have hit 4 homeruns in a single game. Add in the double and it might be the BEST offensive game ever in MLB.

regaleagle
05-09-2012, 07:58 AM
And please stay tuned. He has hit 5 homers in his last 6 at bats, and is 6 for 6 in that time frame. It would be amazing to me if he hits another one his next time up, or even just gets a hit, and THEN hits another one. As a hitter, when you're hot...you feel like you can hit it anywhere on any given pitch.

RoyceTTU
05-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Dont get me wrong,,,i love that he is playing for the Rangers and he is knocking the cover off the ball but I don't see TR signing him. I think he fetches more than 20 mil per year and it will be 6 yr contract. Thats a huge risky contract for someone who has been plagued with injuries during his career. The way the new salery cap rules were implemented this year, teams can no longer back load contracts. Ie....TR cant create a Pujols/arod type of contract where money is kept off the cap by signing him a future coach or advisory. That means all of the contract will hit the cap each year which means others won't get signed. I might be wrong but I just don't see it happening eventhough I REALLY wish it would happen. I think if JD and NR were willing to sign him to a long term contract, they would of done it last year with a Pujols type of contract. Now, i just don't see it happening.

FWIW, I hope i'm dead wrong.

Farmersfan
05-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Dont get me wrong,,,i love that he is playing for the Rangers and he is knocking the cover off the ball but I don't see TR signing him. I think he fetches more than 20 mil per year and it will be 6 yr contract. Thats a huge risky contract for someone who has been plagued with injuries during his career. The way the new salery cap rules were implemented this year, teams can no longer back load contracts. Ie....TR cant create a Pujols/arod type of contract where money is kept off the cap by signing him a future coach or advisory. That means all of the contract will hit the cap each year which means others won't get signed. I might be wrong but I just don't see it happening eventhough I REALLY wish it would happen. I think if JD and NR were willing to sign him to a long term contract, they would of done it last year with a Pujols type of contract. Now, i just don't see it happening.

FWIW, I hope i'm dead wrong.

I think I agree with this. Hell, right before this amazing stretch for Josh he missed a few games because of back problems. He has averaged playing just 117 games per season for the past 5 seasons. Here is a comparison to some other big bats in the league that have contracts similar to what Josh will get:

Pujols= 155
Fielder= 143
Rodriquez= 133
Jeter= 143

As you can see Josh has a history of not being as durable as those others. Do you give him Pujols type money for 40 fewer games? I'm just glad I am not the one who has to decide that. It could easily be the best or the worst decision of Josh Daniel's career..............

orange machine
05-09-2012, 12:12 PM
The Rangers will sign him mark it down if anybody knows it's Tim Kurkjin and he said they will sign him.

StangEm
05-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Beast

Farmersfan
05-09-2012, 03:32 PM
The Rangers will sign him mark it down if anybody knows it's Tim Kurkjin and he said they will sign him.

The pessimistic side of me says that the Rangers are in a Damned if you do/Damned if you don't situation with Josh. If they don't sign him he will go to another team and continue to tear it up so that we all wish we had him. But on the other hand if the Rangers do give him the contract to keep him Josh will become a very average bat and stay hurt all the time and we are all bitching because we are strangled with his stupid over-paying contract. it's a no win scenerio!

Cam
05-09-2012, 03:45 PM

Get him signed!!!!!

It'll be a 5 year 120 mil deal.....my guess anyway....

CelinaCatFan
05-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Ask The Angels how that Pujols contract is working out this year! :crazy1:

regaleagle
05-09-2012, 05:14 PM
I think you guys may be overlooking one BIG factor in this whole equation. If the Rangers don't sign him, they will be forced to trade him by the deadline, which means no Josh for the World Series run. The Rangers can make up alot of money by just winning the Series, or lose alot by not getting there without Josh. Not counting the other years without him, or Josh playing for another AL team against the Rangers in future years. I 'd sign him if he only was able to play 125 games per season. It's normal for a centerfielder his age to play only 130-140 games, or have minor nagging injuries during a long 162 game schedule, so you'll get that with many that would play that position anyway.

orange machine
05-09-2012, 05:33 PM
If I'm the Rangers I'm signing Hamilton and making him play some at first and some in the outfield. I would not let him get away he is gonna hit 25 to 35 homers and have around 100 RBI's even if he is only playing in a 120 to 130 games. If in 2 or 3 years he isn't producing in the outfield move him to first base and DH full-time.

RoyceTTU
05-10-2012, 07:08 AM
If the Rangers don't sign him, they will be forced to trade him by the deadline,

Explain this to me please? I don't understand. Every year players contracts expire. Since someone brought up Pujols, how is Hamilton's situation different that Pujols of last year. St. louis wasn't FORCED to trade him. His contract simply just ran out.

Now if your saying there is some restitution value in trading him before the deadline for a premium player/pick/cash or whatever so that the receiving team has options, I can see that. But you would have the be the dumbest SOB to be in playoff contention and trade away a producing player on a winning team. This is only a scenario that happens when a team is out of the playoff hunt and has something to gain.

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2012, 09:56 AM
I think you guys may be overlooking one BIG factor in this whole equation. If the Rangers don't sign him, they will be forced to trade him by the deadline, which means no Josh for the World Series run. The Rangers can make up alot of money by just winning the Series, or lose alot by not getting there without Josh. Not counting the other years without him, or Josh playing for another AL team against the Rangers in future years. I 'd sign him if he only was able to play 125 games per season. It's normal for a centerfielder his age to play only 130-140 games, or have minor nagging injuries during a long 162 game schedule, so you'll get that with many that would play that position anyway.

Why would they be forced to trade? If they dont resign him they would get more possible worth out of him trying for the WS than trading for prospects

Farmersfan
05-10-2012, 10:47 AM
If I'm the Rangers I'm signing Hamilton and making him play some at first and some in the outfield. I would not let him get away he is gonna hit 25 to 35 homers and have around 100 RBI's even if he is only playing in a 120 to 130 games. If in 2 or 3 years he isn't producing in the outfield move him to first base and DH full-time.

Putting him at first might actually promote his health a little. Perhaps then you could get 120 to 140 games out of him. It's his outfield antics and going 100% after fly balls that keep getting him hurt. (except for his head first slides into first)..............