PDA

View Full Version : Washington's Bryce Harper steels home

ExScoop
05-08-2012, 09:37 AM
WASHINGTON (AP) Washington Nationals rookie Bryce Harper stole home in the bottom of the first inning against Philadelphia on Sunday night.

The 19-year-old Harper added to his already growing list of accomplishments with his daring dash.

Harper came up with two outs in the first and Philadelphia lefty Cole Hamels plunked him in the small of the back. Harper quickly shrugged off the sting, going from first to third on Jayson Werth's single to left.

When Hamels made a pickoff throw to first, Harper broke for home and slid in under the tag.

It was Harper's first stolen base in his eight-game major league career
.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2l78lH-71Y

regaleagle
05-08-2012, 09:43 AM
I'd say Hamels needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Players like Harper and Middlebrooks are entering the Majors this year full of talent and speed. They will get the attention of their teammates and opposition very quickly, as evidenced in this video clip.

Saggy Aggie
05-08-2012, 10:09 AM
haha i laughed at the comments.

Txbroadcaster
05-08-2012, 10:11 AM
I'd say Hamels needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Players like Harper and Middlebrooks are entering the Majors this year full of talent and speed. They will get the attention of their teammates and opposition very quickly, as evidenced in this video clip.

He was not hit because of his talent, he was hit because the perception he is a douche

Saggy Aggie
05-08-2012, 10:58 AM
He was not hit because of his talent, he was hit because the perception he is a douche

But a talented douche. Seems to me Hamels is kind of a douche too. Kinda glad Harper stole home on him.

Txbroadcaster
05-08-2012, 11:07 AM
But a talented douche. Seems to me Hamels is kind of a douche too. Kinda glad Harper stole home on him.

agree

coach
05-08-2012, 11:26 AM
I promise this won't be the last time Bryce Harper gets thrown at. And I think he needs to get thrown at again. Way too cocky for a 19 year old. You think Nolan Ryan would let Bryce Harper to act like that when he pitched!?

Rabid Cougar
05-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Awesome talent but his reputation proceeds him.