PDA

View Full Version : Peanuts In Coke/Dr. Pepper?

Bullaholic
05-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Anybody still put their peanuts in their Coke or DP's? How about eating sunflower seeds?

Phil C
05-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I have put some in Coke as I have seen others. I prefer them separate though.

coach
05-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Anybody still put their peanuts in their Coke or DP's? How about eating sunflower seeds?

I use to put peanuts in my dp a long time ago. I eat sunflower seeds everyday. I have gone throw about 50 bags this year since baseball season has started.

Bullaholic
05-07-2012, 02:24 PM
I use to put peanuts in my dp a long time ago. I eat sunflower seeds everyday. I have gone throw about 50 bags this year since baseball season has started.

Can you shuck them in your mouth and spit out the hulls like Wash, coach? :D

coach
05-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Can you shuck them in your mouth and spit out the hulls like Wash, coach? :D

oh yea. i just dont laugh with my mouth open and show everyone im eating them lol

pirate4state
05-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Peanuts in my Sprite and I love sunflower seeds. I used to be a David's girl, but I really like the Planters 2 for $1 bags

defense51
05-07-2012, 03:08 PM
I tried it when I was younger because I had heard my parents talk about it. I wasn't impressed, all it did was make my DP fizz up and spill on me. Maybe I used too many peanuts?

Bullaholic
05-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Went thru about 50lbs of pistaccios the other day....

Put some sunflower seeds out on the bird feeder---a squirrel went thru all of those in a hurry.....

Papershell pecans are good---my dad used to shuck those with a pocketknife...love candied pecans...

Old Tiger
05-07-2012, 03:31 PM
pistaccios > peanuts

Roughneck93
05-07-2012, 03:48 PM
I've never tried the peanuts in Coke/Dr. Pepper thing.

I am, however, ADDICTED to sunflower seeds. Eat them everyday, David or Frito Lay.

Bullaholic
05-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Ever notice you end up with a big can of peanuts when you buy mixed nuts?

Old Tiger
05-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Ever notice you end up with a big can of peanuts when you buy mixed nuts?I never buy mixed nuts for that purpose. When I'm craving a particular kind of nut then I'll buy that alone so I don't have to deal with segregating the nuts because segregation is wrong.

ctown81
05-07-2012, 04:15 PM
I eat a bad of David's sunflower seeds a day.

Trashman
05-07-2012, 04:43 PM
I do occasionally put peanuts in coke or RC.

defense51
05-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Ever notice you end up with a big can of peanuts when you buy mixed nuts?
The cashews always go first at my house!

regaleagle
05-07-2012, 07:34 PM
It was peanuts in RC cola that was the thing back in the late 60's. Now you can't even find RC cola hardly. It's not the same taste anyway. Kinda like the old Dr.Peppers vs. today's DP. When I was a teen back in the early 70's, it was a normal deal all the time.

bobcat1
05-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Anybody still put their peanuts in their Coke or DP's? How about eating sunflower seeds?Absolutely in DP's.

LionFan72
05-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Yuuuup! Only in cold ones though!

pancho villa
05-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Women from Ingleside like to drink Lone Star beer when they dip Copenhagen.

StangEm
05-09-2012, 01:06 PM
The cashews always go first at my house!

Yuuuup...my chillins eat the hell out of cashews. I bought the big can of cashews from Sam's last Wednesday and this morning I looked and the can was empty. I still say there ought to be a warning label on pistachio's though. Never tried them in Coke.

Ranger Mom
05-09-2012, 01:50 PM
I used to love peanuts in DP....when DP was in a glass bottle. They just don't taste as good in a can or plastic bottle.

What warning on pistachio's?? The reason I am asking is because I ate a bunch at work one day and a couple of hours later I started cramping so bad that my husband had to come pick me up from work because there was no way I could straighten up enough to drive myself. I always wondered if it was the pistachio's that caused that.

Bullaholic
05-09-2012, 01:53 PM
I used to love peanuts in DP....when DP was in a glass bottle. They just don't taste as good in a can or plastic bottle.

What warning on pistachio's?? The reason I am asking is because I ate a bunch at work one day and a couple of hours later I started cramping so bad that my husband had to come pick me up from work because there was no way I could straighten up enough to drive myself. I always wondered if it was the pistachio's that caused that.

RM....
1. You're telling on your age with the glass DP's...

2. You're supposed to remove the shells on the pistaccios....:D

Ranger Mom
05-09-2012, 01:57 PM
RM....
1. You're telling on your age with the glass DP's...

2. You're supposed to remove the shells on the pistaccios....:D

Ah well....Emerson1 never passes up the opportunity to tell me I am old....so I might as well!!

buckeyebob
05-10-2012, 06:02 AM

Nuts will do that to me sometimes...Dr. siad that as you age, your dicestive system does also...welcome to the Old Fart Club where only a few things work well anymore.

T-Time
05-10-2012, 10:08 AM
peanuts in pepsi great on long trips.

AP Panther Fan
05-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Went thru about 50lbs of pistaccios the other day....

I ate a whole bag of them (by myself) a couple of weekends ago. Once bought, I stick them in the back of the pantry until I get ready to eat them...lol.:D

Cam
05-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Never done the peanut thing.....used to eat sunflower seeds all the time....but the salt raised the BP plus it contributes to my kidney stone production......my wife is basically a parrot and can put away a bag in no time.....I once told her how pretty she used her lips, tongue, and teeth on that seed (with a slight smile on my face of course)....she just looked at me kinda weird....I left the room quietly.....:vrycnfsd: