PDA

View Full Version : Some Volunteers requested & Requesting Information

Administrator
05-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Hello everyone,
We're looking for a few volunteers to work on the look/feel of the website before football season starts up. We're looking for 3-4 folks that are good with CSS, HTML, and other types of website coding. We will install several boards (1 for each volunteer) so you're able to administrate them in a non-live environment. If you've developed your own website or designed one, please let me know where to view the site. We do want to stay with the blue/black scheme, as it has been w/ 3ADL since the very beginning.

Since we've been on the new software for awhile now, I wanted to check and see what everyone thinks of it? I know there are still a lot of bugs, but I just don't have the time personally to work on them anymore. Do you like this software better? Should we have stuck with the old software?

As for the Regional editors, and the look/feel of the main www.3adownlow.com webpage, I think we will go back to the old way of editing the pages from the old software -- this will give a better look to the website, and bring it back to the original format it was in. Please give your feedback if you'd rather have the old website back as well.

So in short, here's what we're looking for:

1) Some volunteers w/ website development knowledge
2) How is the new software? Like it, hate it?
3) Go back to the old www.3adownlow.com website (not forum)?

pirate4state
05-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Have any of the geeks contacted you? :D

Administrator
05-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Have any of the geeks contacted you? :D

I've only had one response related to this -- which tells me that either 1) no one cares, or 2) there are no opinions.

pirate4state
05-10-2012, 09:07 AM
I've only had one response related to this -- which tells me that either 1) no one cares, or 2) there are no opinions. Probably both. They are happy bitching & moaning about it

BwdLion73
05-10-2012, 02:05 PM
I've only had one response related to this -- which tells me that either 1) no one cares, or 2) there are no opinions.

I thought some of the young experts would be all over this. Unfortunately I'm old enough to have received a calculator for a birthday present once....and had to read the instructions....:doh::D

Phantom Stang
05-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Well, this site is free to use, so I don't like to complain. But if you insist...:devil:, I liked the old Forum's look and feel a LOT better.

Having said that, I DO appreciate all the effort you put into this site.:)

Tejastrue
05-12-2012, 11:36 PM
I thought some of the young experts would be all over this. Unfortunately I'm old enough to have received a calculator for a birthday present once....and had to read the instructions....:doh::D

Funny...the so called young experts all domesticate in Stephenville, do they not?:stirpot:

Administrator
05-22-2012, 09:59 PM
No additional volunteers have come forward, so we'll assume all is well. After baseball season, I'll update the software to the latest version. We'll also look into the mobile version that has been highly requested. Although I'm still debating on the software.. If we use our own mobile software, your purchase of it can help 3ADL directly, but if we use Tapatalk, 3ADL gets no money from it.. Weighing the options.. Either way, thread is closed and will be removed from sticky soon.