Who is the best?

jdawg2012
05-06-2012, 01:44 PM
1. Jasper
2. Carthage
3. Center
4. Diboll
5. Huntington

3 & 4 may swap. I don't know much about them yet. But I do know that Jasper's offense from last year is virtually untouched. They did lose their record setting RB and some protection on the line but there are plenty more to fill those spots and they keep their QB who was excellent last year. He was only a sophomore but being on the sidelines working the chains I could hear the opposing fans and even some players questioning whether or not he was.

j_dog
05-07-2012, 03:38 PM
If Barbay can get the defense to step up big time, you may be right. But Carthage is always tough! Will this be Jasper's year to beat them? I am for Jasper, but would not bet my paycheck on that game.

Ville-D
05-07-2012, 11:26 PM
I thought Carthage had this district sewed up.

regaleagle
05-08-2012, 03:22 AM
It's never "sewed up" if a good Jasper team is in the offing, but my money is on Carthage...not Jasper. Both will be tough outs in the playoffs, regardless. Carthage is the definite DI here, which is what all the talk with facing Stephenville is about. Whether they win or lose to Jasper is of little consequence compared to the bigger prize of a DI SC playoff team.

j_dog
05-08-2012, 11:58 AM
It's never "sewed up" if a good Jasper team is in the offing, but my money is on Carthage...not Jasper. Both will be tough outs in the playoffs, regardless. Carthage is the definite DI here, which is what all the talk with facing Stephenville is about. Whether they win or lose to Jasper is of little consequence compared to the bigger prize of a DI SC playoff team.
Good point. With Carthage in the district, Jasper has Carthage in the perfect place. and vice versa. Hopefully they will have a good competitive game in district, then not have to worry about meeting in the playoffs.