Fredericksburg - 975
Boerne - 958
Fischer Canyon Lake - 916
Bandera - 751
Wimberley - 699
Geronimo Navarro - 496

Rank the district
Who is the best?

Wimberley then Canyon Lake and after that its a dead heat for third.

bulldog82
05-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Wimberley then Canyon Lake and after that its a dead heat for third.

Think your giving WHS too much credit coming off a SC. They lose a lot and won't be the ones to beat. Entire district will be rebuilding. don't look for anyone thinking district is tough. It's anyones for the taking.

defense51
05-05-2012, 06:36 AM
I think Winberley has to be the favorite regardless of how many seniors they lost.

Tejastrue
05-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Think your giving WHS too much credit coming off a SC. They lose a lot and won't be the ones to beat. Entire district will be rebuilding. don't look for anyone thinking district is tough. It's anyones for the taking.

You guys still rebuilding? :wave:

regaleagle
05-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah, really. It sure makes things easier to just "reload", don't it Tejastrue! Just plug in some more good athletes and do it all over again. You may not get to the SC game, but winning and going 2-3 rounds deep makes a good season for everybody.:D

Gone Fishing
05-05-2012, 02:10 PM

Yeah, really. It sure makes things easier to just "reload", don't it Tejastrue! Just plug in some more good athletes and do it all over again. You may not get to the SC game, but winning and going 2-3 rounds deep makes a good season for everybody.:D

Sorry Bulldog, I am a homer but try to stay in line, but Regal is correct reloading is not rebuilding. Texans had 9 underclassmen make all district and several back ups that most years would have been stars except Wimberley was so deep. The 4 D- line and the 4 LB will be better next year than last year. Secondary has to reload, only returner is the starting QB this year and he probably wont be allowed to play much saftey. O-line will be better this year than last year and we have two RB that will combine for more yards rushing than last year. Reloading receivers, but have some good players that would have started and been good on any other year. IMO, Bandera is still rebuilding, Navarro is rebuilding, Fred is Fred , Boerne lost tons of seniors on an average last year team and Canyon Lake will be good. Just the way I see it, but your right we will be known as a weak district, so was last year too and a SC came out of it.

bulldog82
05-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Sorry Bulldog, I am a homer but try to stay in line, but Regal is correct reloading is not rebuilding. Texans had 9 underclassmen make all district and several back ups that most years would have been stars except Wimberley was so deep. The 4 D- line and the 4 LB will be better next year than last year. Secondary has to reload, only returner is the starting QB this year and he probably wont be allowed to play much saftey. O-line will be better this year than last year and we have two RB that will combine for more yards rushing than last year. Reloading receivers, but have some good players that would have started and been good on any other year. IMO, Bandera is still rebuilding, Navarro is rebuilding, Fred is Fred , Boerne lost tons of seniors on an average last year team and Canyon Lake will be good. Just the way I see it, but your right we will be known as a weak district, so was last year too and a SC came out of it.

my bad , yes when you have a coaching staff in place as long as WHS has you "reload". Last year was our AD first year as a OC, plus when you JHS program is as weak as ours, once the kids get to HS it's rebuilding. Our kids play in Kerr. YMCA ball and are somewhat successful, winning their super bowl last year, only to have the head JHS coach tell the boys on the first day of practice to forget everything you learned in YMCA, so after two miserable years , have to rebuild in HS. that is if the kids have any desire left to play.

Gone Fishing
05-05-2012, 03:19 PM
my bad , yes when you have a coaching staff in place as long as WHS has you "reload". Last year was our AD first year as a OC, plus when you JHS program is as weak as ours, once the kids get to HS it's rebuilding. Our kids play in Kerr. YMCA ball and are somewhat successful, winning their super bowl last year, only to have the head JHS coach tell the boys on the first day of practice to forget everything you learned in YMCA, so after two miserable years , have to rebuild in HS. that is if the kids have any desire left to play.

Yeah Bulldog I hope your new coaches get a program going over there like it used to be. I remember when Bandera was a power in FB and other sports too. It wasnt that long ago when yall won it all. Bandera is such a cool place with many nice folks, I hope ya'll get it together this year and surprise people and make the playoffs....just hope its second place and not first place in district. Lol....

Tejastrue
05-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Yeah Bulldog I hope your new coaches get a program going over there like it used to be. I remember when Bandera was a power in FB and other sports too. It wasnt that long ago when yall won it all. Bandera is such a cool place with many nice folks, I hope ya'll get it together this year and surprise people and make the playoffs....just hope its second place and not first place in district. Lol....

+1 :thumbsup:

Tejastrue
05-05-2012, 11:40 PM

That is something we can absolutely agree upon Regal!

Gone Fishing
05-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Wimberley's non district schedule will be tough, including scrimmages. I heard we are going to scrimmage Calallen (4A semis last year) in the first scrimmage! Also have 4A Dripping Springs (3 deep last year) La Vernia (3 deep last year) Giddings (not sure how deep last year) Liberty Hill (2 or 3 deep last year.) Llano is the only non district non playoff team we play. The Texans should be real ready for district play after all that.

bulldog82
05-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Wimberley's non district schedule will be tough, including scrimmages. I heard we are going to scrimmage Calallen (4A semis last year) in the first scrimmage! Also have 4A Dripping Springs (3 deep last year) La Vernia (3 deep last year) Giddings (not sure how deep last year) Liberty Hill (2 or 3 deep last year.) Llano is the only non district non playoff team we play. The Texans should be real ready for district play after all that.

If not beat up by then. Stay healthy!

Gone Fishing
05-07-2012, 09:49 AM
If not beat up by then. Stay healthy!
Yeah for sure. I think a lot of our younger guys will be getting experience quickly though, which can be a good thing.

bulldog82
05-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Well, our transfer RB is not going to be playing his SR year. They say the kid is on verg of going pro in roping. 7 on 7 is looking good, bringing up some soph. that will be starting. going to Altair Rice 7 on 7 this weekend, should be able to see where we're at. let these soph. get their feet wet. Sr group is leading well. Really excited about o-line, should average 230. There's one kid i'd like to see running the ball, 6'2" 230 moves well for big boy, also plays basketball and baseball. anyways, good luck to everyone at SQT this weekend.