PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs Cameron guestion

Bongo
09-06-2003, 10:02 AM
Didn't get to go to the game. The stats have Bellville with 330 yrd rushing (8.25 avg. per carry) vs 111 for Cameron. Passing was almost equal. Bellville had 3 turnovers to Cameron's 2. With awesome rushing attack it would appear that Bellville controlled the game. Was that the case?

theyoefnshow
09-06-2003, 10:07 AM
I wouldn't say controlled. Until the last few minutes in the first half, BV was limited to two field goals. I listened to the broadcast and unitl that last TD from BV, it was pretty exciting

KL3
09-06-2003, 01:19 PM
Yes, I would say controlled.

GoForIt
09-06-2003, 02:10 PM
Yep, controlled.

theyoefnshow
09-06-2003, 02:31 PM
please. Ask Caldwell about control after they're beaten by Rockdale Cameron and Marlin.

BrahmaMom
09-06-2003, 02:36 PM
I didn't make the trek, but heard that it was closer than the score indicates. It sounds like Bellville had their hands full and didn't play to their potential. Good it's early in the season. Also sounded like there were numerous minor injuries, cramping etc.

theyoefnshow
09-06-2003, 02:39 PM
well, can't get more accurate than that can you? Both sides had their share of turnovers and injuries so it was a pretty straight up ball game. Unlike anything Caldwell will probably be in this year.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-06-2003, 02:48 PM
Cameron played well, they are not a bad team, Bellville showed why they are #4 in the state, I think Bellville is about 50% were they need to be, and at 50% they still can win ballgames, only good teams can play that way and still win, thats why they are a top rated team, I cant wait till they are playing at 100%! Bellville would have scored more if they would have run the ball in situations, instead of calling a pass play, for instance 1st goal at the 5, give the ball to 28 and let him score instead, you call a pass and get it intercepted! Bellville still looked good! Bellville has lots of room for improvment, getting better at reading and playing zone defense on pass plays, and getting a little better at the play calling! Yes I think Bellville showed they were the better team last night. Good luck to Cameron!

BrahmaMom
09-06-2003, 06:05 PM
I hope Bellville gets to 75% or better soon. We have a large number of backs and receivers, we need to use them and mix it up. Our defense needs to get more consistent, too. So easy to armchair QB! Let's go, Brahmas! All the way!

Brahma73
09-06-2003, 07:11 PM
Trust me, if you rush for 330+ yards in a game and score 38 points, you pretty much "controlled" the game. Bellville is capable of lots of fireworks, but when a team can gain over 8 yards a carry, running make sense. It just may not look as exciting.
Just win, baby! GO BULLS!!!

keep_it_real
09-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Brahma moom check your pm