PDA

View Full Version : Loudest Croud in High School Football

Stephenville is the loudest I have heard. :cheerl::1popcorn:
Who else has a town full of crazy fans who GET LOUD?:taunt:

regaleagle
05-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Argyle has a large fanbase that travels well, and a large vocal band and student cheering section as well. We blow horns, bring our cowbells, and generally stay pretty noisey with that and the band playing lots thru each game. Problem is we are a small community, not a large town. But we do show up with the numbers we have, and do know how to get into the game.

OLE'BULL
05-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Not sure if they still do, but back in the early 2000's Sinton and Burnet both traveled well and had some pretty loud crowds. Not obnoxious, just enthusiastic. It made for some fun match ups...

regaleagle
05-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Numberswise, I will say you could expect from 2500-4000 seats to be taken in your stadium by the Argyle contingent. I don't know how this compares to some of the other larger schools in 3A, but know we show up for our games.

jdawg2012
05-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Jasper has a pretty loud crowd. I know there is this one man who I have heard since I was a little kid that will 'bark' the entire game. If you run into him in town during the week he will be so hoarse that he can barely talk. The loudest I have ever heard Jasper is during last year's game against Center. Jasper was driving down the field with less than 2 minutes left and was about to win the game and the crowd was so loud that the refs had trouble communicating.

Saggy Aggie
Cuero always has a really loud crowd. I was really impressed by Devine last year as well

waterboy
Cuero is loud, Tatum is loud, and Gilmer is loud.

MGAR
05-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Cuero is loud, Tatum is loud, and Gilmer is loud.

I agree with Cuero and Gilmer but disagree with Tatum. Not really loud at all unless your sitting next to the woman that keeps talking about what kind of shoes Mary Sue is wearing.

Old Tiger
05-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Burnet used to average over 10000 attendance on the road.

SHSBulldog00
05-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Wimberley "Code Red"

Bullaholic
05-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Our croud is lowd....

(Sorry, Ville--things are slow and it was just there...:D)

Ville-D
05-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Our croud is lowd....

(Sorry, Ville--things are slow and it was just there...:D)

How lowd are they?

ctown81
05-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Brownwood and La Grange(sp??) were loud.

Carthage on the other hand is PATHETIC!!!!!

waterboy
05-03-2012, 12:07 PM
I agree with Cuero and Gilmer but disagree with Tatum. Not really loud at all unless your sitting next to the woman that keeps talking about what kind of shoes Mary Sue is wearing.
Okay, scratch Tatum off the list. There was a time, though, when they were. They're still pretty loud with those fellers and their BB filled canisters. I know they were very loud in '10 at the Gilmer game. I don't usually get to hear them at their loudest because the Buckeyes usually have them subdued on the scoreboard, lol.

Bullaholic
05-03-2012, 12:26 PM
How lowd are they?

Your going to think their to lowd...:D

Yoe_09
05-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Cameron Yoe. When we get going into the playoffs the crowds get large and rowdy.

ccmom
05-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Stephenville crowds don't seem nearly as loud as they once were.

Monahans travels well and I love the "Go Gringo", I mean "Go Green Go" chant they always use.

Ville-D
05-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Stephenville is pretty loud (not as loud as they have been in the past), but I wish all our fans knew when to be loud and when not to...

bbfan2010
05-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Hondo is pretty wild. The field is so close to the stands thats its hard to hear anything.

ccmom
05-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Stephenville is pretty loud (not as loud as they have been in the past), but I wish all our fans knew when to be loud and when not to...Haha Don't we all!!

Not sure if they still do, but back in the early 2000's Sinton and Burnet both traveled well and had some pretty loud crowds. Not obnoxious, just enthusiastic. It made for some fun match ups...

Before I moved to Stephenville I couldn't stand the cocky attitudes. They were loud and proud. You either love them or hate them. The fans are loud as heck and won't stop shaking the cans and making noise. I grew up watching Lobos football in Longview and Stephenville is way more crazy and loud. Now that we live in Stephenville I see what the fuss was all about. 7000 capacity at the stadium and standing room only.

jason
05-03-2012, 01:21 PM
7000 capacity at the stadium and standing room only.
maybe back in the late 90s when they were winning or recently vs somebody like brownwood or aledo...
the stadium hasn't been close to full for any other home games the last few years...

Old Tiger
05-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Cameron Yoe. When we get going into the playoffs the crowds get large and rowdy.By large and rowdy you mean yell like fools at the refs for making the right call?

Cameron crowds consist of 95% wanna be refs

toddg
05-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Stephenville is pretty loud (not as loud as they have been in the past), but I wish all our fans knew when to be loud and when not to...

we will be the loudest this oct. in our itty bitty stadium..i may have to go sit on the other side with you and save my eardrums LOL!:D

we will be the loudest this oct. in our itty bitty stadium..i may have to go sit on the other side with you and save my eardrums LOL!:D

Its going to fun but you wont like the results when its over. Ville by 20

nt7on7
05-03-2012, 02:30 PM
I love to brag on Celina, but this is one area where we might be last in the state. We have no spirit or crowd support at all. It used to be a lot better...it used to get loud. Now, too many people feel we are expected to win so they don't get fired up at all.

Now, to be fair, a home schedule with a bunch of cake walks doesn't help matters. Lake Worth won't inspire many people to travel. However, there was a time when it didn't matter.

Times are different in Celina. Too many spoiled parents and kids thinking success is given and not earned. You actually hear more complaining in the stands and griping about kids' effort than you do cheering at times. Terribly, terribly sad.

I'm excited to see if there will be many changes once we have some higher profile games at home (Argyle, Aubrey, Liberty Eylau, etc.)

Yoe_09
05-03-2012, 02:33 PM
By large and rowdy you mean yell like fools at the refs for making the right call?

Cameron crowds consist of 95% wanna be refs

At least there is some passion in the stands. I prefer that over people just sitting there like they're bored....like some schools around the area.

Old Tiger
05-03-2012, 02:35 PM
At least there is some passion in the stands. I prefer that over people just sitting there like they are bored....like some schools around the area.We're just worried about where the post game festivities are happening, lol.

toddg
05-03-2012, 02:37 PM
We're just worried about where the post game festivities are happening, lol.

if it has anything to do with the person in your sig...im there!:devil:

ctown81
05-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I love to brag on Celina, but this is one area where we might be last in the state. We have no spirit or crowd support at all. It used to be a lot better...it used to get loud. Now, too many people feel we are expected to win so they don't get fired up at all.

Now, to be fair, a home schedule with a bunch of cake walks doesn't help matters. Lake Worth won't inspire many people to travel. However, there was a time when it didn't matter.

Times are different in Celina. Too many spoiled parents and kids thinking success is given and not earned. You actually hear more complaining in the stands and griping about kids' effort than you do cheering at times. Terribly, terribly sad.

I'm excited to see if there will be many changes once we have some higher profile games at home (Argyle, Aubrey, Liberty Eylau, etc.)

Tell me about it. We won 3 titles and it's not the players who are spoiled it's the fans. Fans cannot be more subdued than ours.

toddg
05-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Its going to fun but you wont like the results when its over. Ville by 20

maybe...maybe not...ill hold my prediction until ive seen both play this year..ill see Alvarado 5 or 6 times by then and the jackets atleast once(Aledo)..but you're right..it will be fun.

nt7on7
05-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Tell me about it. We won 3 titles and it's not the players who are spoiled it's the fans. Fans cannot be more subdued than ours.

I agree. It is like a morgue at times.

nt7on7
05-03-2012, 03:39 PM
And when our band plays "Just a Closer Walk with Thee" it is dreadfully quiet and subdued.

Bosqueville
05-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Brownwood has some great fans and will travel better than most teams in 3A... As long as they're winning.

ronwx5x
05-03-2012, 04:08 PM
I've been to many stadiums and watched many different teams and crowds. If there is a louder game than Celina vs Pilot Point, I haven't heard it. The horn alone will ruin your eardrums.

hornet07
05-03-2012, 04:10 PM
The stadium in LaGrange can get loud...

turbostud
05-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Valley games are loud and rowdy.

defense51
05-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Its going to fun but you wont like the results when its over. Ville by 20 I think the results that Ville is referring to is Alvarado loud- Stephenville lewd.

CelinaCatFan
05-03-2012, 04:35 PM
i would disagree with the comment about Celina. You do not have to be loud to be supportive. Our fans travel well. The kids can look up and see the wave of orange that took time out of their busy schedules to support them. While we may not be the loudest, we do usually have good crowds.

ctown81
05-03-2012, 04:42 PM
And when our band plays "Just a Closer Walk with Thee" it is dreadfully quiet and subdued.

Really? That's on a whole another level now. I have no problem with gospel music but they can atleast play an upbeat gospel song.

waterboy
05-03-2012, 05:01 PM
I've been to many stadiums and watched many different teams and crowds. If there is a louder game than Celina vs Pilot Point, I haven't heard it. The horn alone will ruin your eardrums.
Without that loud, obnoxious train horn was it that loud? How about the Gilmer crowd when you went to the Navasota playoff game in Lufkin in '09? Was it louder than that?

warpath
05-03-2012, 05:05 PM
the reservation in Gonzales gets loud.. great atmosphere for a football game!!

Matthew328
05-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Harlingen at the 5A level...their fans are nuts

3A I would agree on Sinton and Burnet, they had some crazy loud crowds in the early 200s

orange machine
05-03-2012, 05:54 PM
i would disagree with the comment about Celina. You do not have to be loud to be supportive. Our fans travel well. The kids can look up and see the wave of orange that took time out of their busy schedules to support them. While we may not be the loudest, we do usually have good crowds.
I normally agree with you, but since I've been following Celina as a spectator since 2006 the fans have gotten worse each year. This past year against Lake Worth I bet there wasn't 150 people from Celina there. The fans were louder years ago than they are now. I've been sitting in the same spot at home games since 2007 and I can say there are more fans turned around talking about whatever and not paying attention to the game. Also there was a time when the entire fan base would stand up on kickoffs and kickoff returns and do the hand arm thing and now only a few fans seem to care to do it.

Z-RO
05-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Loudest crowd I have ever heard was Stepehenville, those guys always have about ten people with 5-6 butane tanks welded together. Ive seen them be the visiting team and have the home field advantage I don't know how many times.

:iagree:
Loudest crowd I have ever heard was Stepehenville, those guys always have about ten people with 5-6 butane tanks welded together. Ive seen them be the visiting team and have the home field advantage I don't know how many times.:iagree::cheerl:

Manso/V8
05-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Coldspring has this obnoxiously loud train horn that they blast way too often, pointed at the opposing team sideline and stands, not just when Coldspring does something good, but when their opponent makes a mistake, like a turnover or something. They probably think it's great, it's not, but then again, they are east of Hwy 59.

Manso/V8
05-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Jasper has a pretty loud crowd. I know there is this one man who I have heard since I was a little kid that will 'bark' the entire game. If you run into him in town during the week he will be so hoarse that he can barely talk. The loudest I have ever heard Jasper is during last year's game against Center. Jasper was driving down the field with less than 2 minutes left and was about to win the game and the crowd was so loud that the refs had trouble communicating.

I was told that Jasper games have a real party type atmosphere and there were several arrests last year, or at least the law had to be called in to slow down some of the crowd activities and business dealings. Any shade of truth to that?

ronwx5x
05-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Coldspring has this obnoxiously loud train horn that they blast way too often, pointed at the opposing team sideline and stands, not just when Coldspring does something good, but when their opponent makes a mistake, like a turnover or something. They probably think it's great, it's not, but then again, they are east of Hwy 59.

Coldspring is West of 59, East of I-45.

Manso/V8
05-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Coldspring is West of 59, East of I-45.

My bad, they are west of 59, but I have always thought of I-45 as the dividing line.

MustangFootball
05-03-2012, 09:08 PM
I think the loudest crowd I've ever witness first hand has to be when Ingleside played Cuero in the playoffs and they do their, GO MEAN GREEN CHANT. Man that thing was deafening. I was very impressed!!!!

ogg
05-03-2012, 09:22 PM

Wimberley, the stadium lends itself to standing room only games where thousands watch the finest in 3a football. They are loud but no train HORNS or MILK JUGS filled with crap used. They are good people and every home game is standing room only.

buckeyebob
05-04-2012, 05:04 AM

You said it...I just thought it...figured it was my homerism blinding me...for a school that racks up the championships, it is pretty bad...Spring Hill / Carthage 2012 Seeding Game...SH was all over Carthage like white on rice...I was suprised...I just thought it was the Buckeyes.

Old&Crusty
05-04-2012, 07:10 AM

Anyone that's been around Celina since before all the titles has seen the rise and fall of croud noise. My daughters cheered for the Bobcats during the 90's and one of them told me (and I agree) that the game against West Texas in Vernon in 1995 was the start of the unified, crazy, noise from the fans that continued into the early 2000's. Since then I think the croud has changed, many parents whose kids and grandkids graduated have been replaced by fans, parents and grandparents that inherited a super winning program. Perhaps the fans are not as hungry for success. Also, the kids that played back in the 90's and early 2000's were insanely hungry too. I'm not saying Celina's players and fans are not hungry for success but they don't seem over the top insanely hungry like they use to be. For those that were there, was it the 1995 game in Vernon, when late in the third quater Celina was down 20 to 7 or so, that the "We Believe" chant started?

GrTigers6
05-04-2012, 07:33 AM
Wimberley, the stadium lends itself to standing room only games where thousands watch the finest in 3a football. They are loud but no train HORNS or MILK JUGS filled with crap used. They are good people and every home game is standing room only.I can contest to that!
That 2009 Playoff game at Killeen between us was one of the loudest games I can remember experiencing, From both sides of the stands.

Also Our playoff game last fall with Bridgeport was equally as loud!

coach
05-04-2012, 07:40 AM
The Terrible Towels is where it's at. Started in 2005 by EV and I. They arew loud at every game and the district even made a rule where you cant sit in the first 5 rows behind the opponets bench bc the crowd at FF can be too loud.

orange machine
05-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Anyone that's been around Celina since before all the titles has seen the rise and fall of croud noise. My daughters cheered for the Bobcats during the 90's and one of them told me (and I agree) that the game against West Texas in Vernon in 1995 was the start of the unified, crazy, noise from the fans that continued into the early 2000's. Since then I think the croud has changed, many parents whose kids and grandkids graduated have been replaced by fans, parents and grandparents that inherited a super winning program. Perhaps the fans are not as hungry for success. Also, the kids that played back in the 90's and early 2000's were insanely hungry too. I'm not saying Celina's players and fans are not hungry for success but they don't seem over the top insanely hungry like they use to be. For those that were there, was it the 1995 game in Vernon, when late in the third quater Celina was down 20 to 7 or so, that the "We Believe" chant started?
A lot of people talk about players needing to be humble, but to its the parents and fans who need to be humble. I think the players have the desire and drive to want to win just look at the number of players that come out for football in Celina. One thing ive started to notice is people leaving after halftime that used to never happen now it happens all the time. One thing is for sure if the players are relying on the fans to get them pumped up then they might as well not even come onto the field because they will be met with a few claps and lets go and then its a social event.

oldtownag
05-04-2012, 09:06 AM

Yep Carthage is very subdued. Croud size is ok though. I was very impressed with Brownwood crowd.

Argyle has a large fanbase that travels well, and a large vocal band and student cheering section as well. We blow horns, bring our cowbells, and generally stay pretty noisey with that and the band playing lots thru each game. Problem is we are a small community, not a large town. But we do show up with the numbers we have, and do know how to get into the game.

Argyle is very rowdy but I was not that impressed with the size. I have seen you play several times and no way do you bring 2500 to 4000 fans.

You said it...I just thought it...figured it was my homerism blinding me...for a school that racks up the championships, it is pretty bad...Spring Hill / Carthage 2012 Seeding Game...SH was all over Carthage like white on rice...I was suprised...I just thought it was the Buckeyes.

Huh? Now that you are retired, nobody knows what you are talking about.

P.S. We used to save our one rowdy game a year for Henderson.

StangEm
05-04-2012, 10:20 AM
our croud is lowd....

(sorry, ville--things are slow and it was just there...:d)

lol!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Tejastrue
05-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I can contest to that!
That 2009 Playoff game at Killeen between us was one of the loudest games I can remember experiencing, From both sides of the stands.

Also Our playoff game last fall with Bridgeport was equally as loud!

As far as the Wimberley game...didn't hurt the fact that it was a down to the wire, barn burner shoot-out, filled with emotional highs and lows and controversy...it was indeed loud.

Old&Crusty
05-04-2012, 10:31 AM
A lot of people talk about players needing to be humble, but to its the parents and fans who need to be humble. I think the players have the desire and drive to want to win just look at the number of players that come out for football in Celina. One thing ive started to notice is people leaving after halftime that used to never happen now it happens all the time. One thing is for sure if the players are relying on the fans to get them pumped up then they might as well not even come onto the field because they will be met with a few claps and lets go and then its a social event.

Kids wanting to be a Bobcat is not a problem. Putting on the uniform seems to be enough for many. Sure, they'd like to win a title, but having the will, desire and commitment to exceed the boundaires of pain and sacrifice is another thing. It's been a little while since I've seen players exceed what they should be able to do. Catches made that should not be possible and hit after hit that shook up both sides of the stands, women turning their heads and grown men in awe and that put total fear into the opponents. I just don't see that as much anymore. This includes my own grandchildren. I don't see the kind of extreme commitment that took the Bobcats on that amazing 69 game win streak. My son still lives with the injuries from those years. But OMG, what years those were! You're exactly right about today's fans too. It's become a social event that ends after halftime. God bless our coaches and the boys.

orange machine
05-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Kids wanting to be a Bobcat is not a problem. Putting on the uniform seems to be enough for many. Sure, they'd like to win a title, but having the will, desire and commitment to exceed the boundaires of pain and sacrifice is another thing. It's been a little while since I've seen players exceed what they should be able to do. Catches made that should not be possible and hit after hit that shook up both sides of the stands, women turning their heads and grown men in awe and that put total fear into the opponents. I just don't see that as much anymore. This includes my own grandchildren. I don't see the kind of extreme commitment that took the Bobcats on that amazing 69 game win streak. My son still lives with the injuries from those years. But OMG, what years those were! You're exactly right about today's fans too. It's become a social event that ends after halftime. God bless our coaches and the boys.
I put all the blame on the parents because the program has not changed, but the kids and parents have. If I was a coach I would only play the kids that had that burning desire to want to win and punish the other team even if that means playing both ways all game long. When Celina was in there 2a days most of Celina's players went both ways and they still had 30 guys on the sidelines. Ive said it over and over when Celina won the 4 straight titles in 98,99,2000,2001 and the title in 2005 they did not have a bunch of stud athletes nor where they real big on the lines size wise, but those players would kick your freaking butt despite the size they may have given up. Ill agree with you that there has not been that butt kicking attitude in a long time. There is some good players coming up so hopefully they will bring back the butt kicking attitude.

garciap77
05-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Stephenville crowds don't seem nearly as loud as they once were.

Monahans travels well and I love the "Go Gringo", I mean "Go Green Go" chant they always use.

I thought I heard Snyder fans say the same thing ("Go Gringo! Go Gringo!") when I was walking with you to the seats DaHop was saving for us on the Snyder home side a few years back!:D

Manso/V8
05-04-2012, 03:56 PM
It's been a little while since I've seen players exceed what they should be able to do.
Playing up to potential is rare today, let alone exceeding potential. The kids that do, really stand out. I have noticed it in other parts of life for the younger generation, like school work and wanting to work and earn money. I think it goes back to giving kids too much. Maybe it all started with those participation trophies in Little League....

lol!!

:clap::clap::clap::redX:

lol!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Thats funny.

I put all the blame on the parents because the program has not changed, but the kids and parents have. If I was a coach I would only play the kids that had that burning desire to want to win and punish the other team even if that means playing both ways all game long. When Celina was in there 2a days most of Celina's players went both ways and they still had 30 guys on the sidelines. Ive said it over and over when Celina won the 4 straight titles in 98,99,2000,2001 and the title in 2005 they did not have a bunch of stud athletes nor where they real big on the lines size wise, but those players would kick your freaking butt despite the size they may have given up. Ill agree with you that there has not been that butt kicking attitude in a long time. There is some good players coming up so hopefully they will bring back the butt kicking attitude.

In my opinion the Stephenville kids still have that same kind off kick you teeth in attitudes. They work hard and the fans work hard to support them. I have heard its dropped off some. I do know the kids work out non stop 4 years long and dont mind one bit. Holidays, summer breaks, Spring break, it dont mater if they can get in the gym they will be there. Probably because kids here are not spoiled so much as some kids in other places. Hard working people with hard working kids.

Manso/V8
05-04-2012, 07:38 PM
In my opinion the Stephenville kids still have that same kind off kick you teeth in attitudes. They work hard and the fans work hard to support them. I have heard its dropped off some. I do know the kids work out non stop 4 years long and dont mind one bit. Holidays, summer breaks, Spring break, it dont mater if they can get in the gym they will be there. Probably because kids here are not spoiled so much as some kids in other places. Hard working people with hard working kids.

I remember reading (maybe 12-15 years ago) that a lot of dairy farmers moved to the Stephenville area because so little land was available and/or it was too expensive in Holland to start their own/or expand their existing dairy. Everyone knows how much work is involved in running a dairy. Any big, hard-working Dutch kids on the team?

ronwx5x
05-04-2012, 07:57 PM
I remember reading (maybe 12-15 years ago) that a lot of dairy farmers moved to the Stephenville area because so little land was available and/or it was too expensive in Holland to start their own/or expand their existing dairy. Everyone knows how much work is involved in running a dairy. Any big, hard-working Dutch kids on the team?

Not sure that they moved to Stephenville, but I found this article about a Stephenville located dairy group talking about the Dutch.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/07/16/us/dutch-settlers-start-boom-in-texas-dairy-farms.html?pagewanted=2

bwdlionfan
05-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Wimberley, the stadium lends itself to standing room only games where thousands watch the finest in 3a football. They are loud but no train HORNS or MILK JUGS filled with crap used. They are good people and every home game is standing room only.

When we played ya'll in the third round a few years ago at a neutral site I was disappointed at the turnout Wimberley had. Do ya'll usually travel better? Ya'll may have only had 500 people at the game that day.

Gone Fishing
05-04-2012, 10:29 PM

I so agree. listened for two years in the semi games.

Gone Fishing
05-04-2012, 10:34 PM

Wimberley is loud and travels very well and very very well in the playoffs. Stands don't seat that many but standing room only every game no matter who we play. (Town event)

ogg
05-04-2012, 10:58 PM
When we played ya'll in the third round a few years ago at a neutral site I was disappointed at the turnout Wimberley had. Do ya'll usually travel better? Ya'll may have only had 500 people at the game that day.

Yeah, well better than the 450 ppl. you guys had.

Tejastrue
05-04-2012, 11:08 PM

Our last meeting was 2009 in Copperas Cove (Bulldawg Stadium)...we filled the stands pretty well if I recall..not sure what game you're talking about..even in our worst years I don't think our crowds have ever been that small..not even close...who won that game???

Manso/V8
05-04-2012, 11:57 PM

Sealy has got a few guys(adults) that dress up in black and gold costumes, wear hockey goalie masks, and carry around gold painted water cooler jugs with dry beans or something in them that make an awful rattling noise........at least for our big rivalry game. It's kind of funny.

Manso/V8
05-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Wimberley is loud and travels very well and very very well in the playoffs. Stands don't seat that many but standing room only every game no matter who we play. (Town event)

The Texans stadium is a nice spot. I bet Wimberley has some cooler nights earlier in the season than we get over here in the sweaty part of the state. You should try going to a September game on a humid night in Brookshire or Sweeny after they have made sure (or seems like it) there was standing water behind the visitor stands all week. It gets real loud just from the sound of fans slapping skeeters.

stang92
05-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Back in the 80's and 90's Sweetwater used to bring a big loud crowd

bwdlionfan
05-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Yeah, well better than the 450 ppl. you guys had.

I couldn't find pics of the entire bleachers, but I seem to recall ya'll only occupied about three middle sections of the stadium whereas we occupied just about goal line to goal line on our side. I wasn't saying ya'll didn't travel to have an argument, I was wondering if that wasn't the norm for Wimberley.

Here are some pics of that game...

Wimberley side:

And I only found one of the Brownwood side:

Gone Fishing
05-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I couldn't find pics of the entire bleachers, but I seem to recall ya'll only occupied about three middle sections of the stadium whereas we occupied just about goal line to goal line on our side. I wasn't saying ya'll didn't travel to have an argument, I was wondering if that wasn't the norm for Wimberley.

Here are some pics of that game...

Wimberley side:

And I only found one of the Brownwood side:

What year was that?

bwdlionfan
05-06-2012, 06:25 PM
What year was that?

It was a Friday afternoon game the day after Thanksgiving.

Tejastrue
05-06-2012, 06:42 PM

It was a Friday afternoon game the day after Thanksgiving.

Only time we've played isn't it? I was there. We had quite a few late arrivals but obviously not enough to make that much difference. Can't say I was paying attention to our crowd size but we look pretty sparse. This is not typical. A large part of our following are retirement age and maybe the holidays and time with their family was much more important and chose to stay at home. Maybe too much turkey? That's all I have. Lol..

buckeyebob
05-07-2012, 05:19 AM
Okay, scratch Tatum off the list. There was a time, though, when they were. They're still pretty loud with those fellers and their BB filled canisters. I know they were very loud in '10 at the Gilmer game. I don't usually get to hear them at their loudest because the Buckeyes usually have them subdued on the scoreboard, lol.

:clap::clap:

I also agree with Cuero in ''09...loudest high school game I ever attended.

buckeyebob
05-07-2012, 05:24 AM

Y'all should start to schedule some East Texans in pre-season...we would certainly like a shot

buckeyebob
05-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Brownwood has some great fans and will travel better than most teams in 3A... As long as they're winning.

Which is seldom.

buckeyebob
05-07-2012, 05:33 AM
I was told that Jasper games have a real party type atmosphere and there were several arrests last year, or at least the law had to be called in to slow down some of the crowd activities and business dealings. Any shade of truth to that?

Not so much when they play the Buckeyes...now, Carthage will rain on their parade.

buckeyebob
05-07-2012, 05:34 AM
My bad, they are west of 59, but I have always thought of I-45 as the dividing line.

It is...that makes them an East Texas Speed Team

buckeyebob
05-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Huh? Now that you are retired, nobody knows what you are talking about.

P.S. We used to save our one rowdy game a year for Henderson.

I was talking about baseball game...perhaps age is taking more of my brain power than I thought.

ccmom
05-07-2012, 06:48 AM

It was a Friday afternoon game the day after Thanksgiving. But to be fair, Brownwood's 2009 crowds were hardly the norm. They had a prolific offense that was fun to watch, and MANY people came out just to watch Shipley.

BEAST
05-07-2012, 09:10 AM
But to be fair, Brownwood's 2009 crowds were hardly the norm. They had a prolific offense that was fun to watch, and MANY people came out just to watch Shipley.

You are thinking about our 2010 team. 2009 Shipley was out about half of the season and Qb Graylon Brown was out all but 3 or 4 games.

BEAST

ccmom
05-07-2012, 12:26 PM
You are thinking about our 2010 team. 2009 Shipley was out about half of the season and Qb Graylon Brown was out all but 3 or 4 games.

BEASTYep...my mistake.

bwdlionfan
05-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Yep...my mistake.

We're used to your mistakes, we ignore them most of the time :stirpot:

ctown81
05-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Only time we've played isn't it? I was there. We had quite a few late arrivals but obviously not enough to make that much difference. Can't say I was paying attention to our crowd size but we look pretty sparse. This is not typical. A large part of our following are retirement age and maybe the holidays and time with their family was much more important and chose to stay at home. Maybe too much turkey? That's all I have. Lol..

The sad thing is, I bet you guys were still louder than any full Carthage crowd. I swear it's like sitting in the lower levels at cowboy stadium.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Harlingen at the 5A level...their fans are nuts

3A I would agree on Sinton and Burnet, they had some crazy loud crowds in the early 200s

Just for you Matt, here's a picture of Harlingen's crowd. Since the visitor's side at Javelina Stadium in Kingsville is larger than the home side, the Harlingen people used that side of the stadium. Not only did Harlingen's fans fill that side entirely, Harlingen's fans also took up about 40% of the home side stands. At one point all the aisles in the stands were filled with people standing/sitting on the steps. The picture below was taken 2 hours before kickoff, and as you can clearly see, the Rio Grande Valley was out in full force.

http://images.onset.freedom.com/mvtc/gallery/lvsmps-lvsmp0harlingenfansweb.jpg

regaleagle
05-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Now those are some rabid football fans hungry for a championship, no doubt about it. Just unbelievable fan support.

orange machine
05-08-2012, 09:44 AM
You know what the best thing about this picture is?

The Palm Tree on the left side of the stadium now thats cool.

garciap77
05-08-2012, 06:29 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/cool-2.gifWylie is the loudest in 3A!!!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/cool-2.gif

Looking4number8
05-09-2012, 07:07 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/cool-2.gifWylie is the lousiest in 3A!!!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/cool-2.gif

Fixed it for you my friend :crazy1:

oldtownag
05-09-2012, 08:16 AM
But to be fair, Brownwood's 2009 crowds were hardly the norm. They had a prolific offense that was fun to watch, and MANY people came out just to watch Shipley.

The Carthage / Brownwood game 2010 was packed. Ambulances everywhere. Took 40 minutes to exit the parking lot. I bet 1/2 the fans were out of towners.

P.S. Carthage beat the "beast" 3A team of all time that glorious day. HA, HA!

buckeyebob
05-10-2012, 06:04 AM
The Carthage / Brownwood game 2010 was packed. Ambulances everywhere. Took 40 minutes to exit the parking lot. I bet 1/2 the fans were out of towners.

P.S. Carthage beat the "beast" 3A team of all time that glorious day. HA, HA!

And did it oh so well.