Gonzales - 702.5
Giddings - 656.5
La Grange - 609
Cuero - 574
Smithville - 528
Yoakum - 477

Rank the district
Who is the best?

those that thought Cuero is dead and buried - hide and watch.......... that being said - This is a TOUGH district...... gonna be interesting for sure! don't know enough about incoming season to rank them yet

crabman
05-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Gonzales, Giddings, and Cuero in no particular order. For Cuero. New AD. New Defensive Coordinator. New QB. Anybody remember that offense we were running 3 years ago and for the 8 years prior to that? That is what you can look for. Little bit of I. Little bit of split backfield. One back. No back. Spread. Jam it down your throat. Finesse it. I always asked opposing coaches to describe Cuero's offense and they could not do it. We run it all out of every formation conceivable. In 2004 when we went to state my son had 168 plays on his armband. We took marginal talent and did phenomenal things with it. Our offensive coordinator then, Travis Reeve, is our Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator now. Impressive line-up of coaches he is bringing in. One from TLU. One from Mary Hardin Baylor. One from Permian. One from Smithson Valley. One from Churchill. Odd array of coaches that are all on the same page. Offseason numbers back up over 100 for the first time in three years. The swagger is back, I just don't know if the talent is. We are a playoff team but I am not sure we are district champs. I would put this district's #6 team up against any #6 team in the state and feel pretty good about it.

Saggy Aggie
05-06-2012, 08:45 PM
This district is tough 1-6.

Out of these 6, Gonzales was the best last year... But cuero usually is minus these last couple. Giddings is always tough. Smithville finally had a good year last year and LG was probably the most improved team in 3A from week 0 to week 10. If they pick up where they left off last year, they could win the district.

If I were a betting person, I'd take Gonzales, giddings and LG in that order.

1stnurseryman
05-07-2012, 07:27 AM
You say Cuero was down the last couple? Lets see 2010 went undefeated in district. Lost the second round to Wimberly by 7 ( they went on to the semis )... You can't even begin to understand what happened in 20011 unless you so it game after game after game. That being said I honestly believe Cuero will be in the thick of things come district time.. Gotta remember these upcoming seniors, juniors and sophomores were coached by the new AD when he was here before.

YTBulldogs
05-07-2012, 01:58 PM
All I know, this group of teams---any Friday night, you can be beaten. Will be a exciting season for sure. Good luck to everyone.

1stnurseryman
05-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Without a doubt the thoughest district Cuero has been in in many years.

1st and goal
05-07-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm looking forward to a nail biter every week.

Giddings coach will be in his 2nd season here. There will be talent. The JV looked awesome what little I got to see them last year. I think they lost maybe 1 game and I heard there was some pitiful officiating that called back some scores.

regaleagle
05-07-2012, 11:00 PM
That will be one of the more exciting districts to watch every Friday nite. It could get mighty toasty among the players, but will force each team play its best football week in and week out.