Lorena 514
West 501

Team and Enrollment
Rank the district
Who is the best?

china spring 1
la vega 2
lorena 3

china spring..better than their record last year, better than people on here think they are.
la vega..very good team, but not as great as people on here think they are.
lorena..really probably even with robinson both good.
with the exception of west..very interesting district.

Saggy Aggie
05-03-2012, 01:31 AM
china spring 1
la vega 2
lorena 3

china spring..better than their record last year, better than people on here think they are.
la vega..very good team, but not as great as people on here think they are.
lorena..really probably even with robinson both good.
with the exception of west..very interesting district. lol

LV behind CS?

LV beat CS last year, has more returning.

LV beat a great prosper team last year, went undefeated in district and regular season before losing to eventual champ Chill on a fluke play. They got stopped on 4th and goal on the 1 yard line with under a minute to go when that would've won them the game. Instead, they turn it over on downs and then Chill breaks a 95 yard TD run while just trying to run out the clock and go to OT.

LV is going to have a GREAT team next year and you're insane if you think CS is going to be better for any reason.

toddg
05-03-2012, 02:30 AM
lol

LV behind CS?

LV beat CS last year, has more returning.

LV beat a great prosper team last year, went undefeated in district and regular season before losing to eventual champ Chill on a fluke play. They got stopped on 4th and goal on the 1 yard line with under a minute to go when that would've won them the game. Instead, they turn it over on downs and then Chill breaks a 95 yard TD run while just trying to run out the clock and go to OT.

LV is going to have a GREAT team next year and you're insane if you think CS is going to be better for any reason.

define "great"...that "great" prosper team was pummeled by Alvarado last year and "great" aint the word i would use after what i saw...and china spring should have won that game against la vega last year..la vega will be good this year, but not the to the level people like you think they will be..thats just my opinion..whether im insane or not has nothing to do with it.

regaleagle
05-03-2012, 02:48 AM
More than likely you are BOTH right to some degree regarding BOTH teams. It could be that CS is underrated by most prognosticators, not that LV will not be returning what most feel will be a very strong contender for winning the region. Just so happens they both are in the same district.

Saggy Aggie
05-03-2012, 03:27 AM
define "great"...that "great" prosper team was pummeled by Alvarado last year and "great" aint the word i would use after what i saw...and china spring should have won that game against la vega last year..la vega will be good this year, but not the to the level people like you think they will be..thats just my opinion..whether im insane or not has nothing to do with it.

Prosper was a really really good team last year, they just ran into an even better team in Alvarado.

CS won how many games last year? 4?

LV went undefeated and played Chill tighter than alvarado. Yes alvarado lost by a closer margin, but LV can honestly say they shouldve sent Chill home. it was a fluke they didnt and a bad call imo when they didnt give LV the TD. I thought he crossed the goal line but that will always be debated.

I just dont see any reason to put CS ahead. They lost last year. they didnt make the playoffs. LV has more returning. LV barely lost to the champs.

then again, what do i know?

Old Tiger
05-03-2012, 08:45 AM
LV
CS
Connally
Lorena

defense51
05-03-2012, 08:58 AM
1. LV
2. CS
3. Robinson
4. Connally
5. Lorena
6. West
This should be a competitive district with LV as the favorite. I think CS and Robinson will both field good teams that could go a couple of rounds in the playoffs.

toddg
05-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Prosper was a really really good team last year, they just ran into an even better team in Alvarado.

CS won how many games last year? 4?

LV went undefeated and played Chill tighter than alvarado. Yes alvarado lost by a closer margin, but LV can honestly say they shouldve sent Chill home. it was a fluke they didnt and a bad call imo when they didnt give LV the TD. I thought he crossed the goal line but that will always be debated.

I just dont see any reason to put CS ahead. They lost last year. they didnt make the playoffs. LV has more returning. LV barely lost to the champs.

then again, what do i know?

honestly..CH played better, more focused football against Alvarado, but that was a championship game, not a 2nd round po game...China Spring ran into some bad luck last year in their last 6 games..the avg. margin they lost by in those 6 games was less than 4 pts. i will see CS first hand this year when they play Alvarado in non-district so we'll see if my assessment of them is valid or not.

Rabid Cougar
05-03-2012, 03:11 PM
LaVega has more returning than China Spring? I don't think so. China Spring looses TWO starters off of last years team that even though they lost 6 games, there was probably not a better 4-6 team in the state. Physically beat LaVega, Brownwood and every other team the lost too in the last 6 games. Beat Liberty Hill too. If every loss had ended at 2 minutes left in the game, several with less than 1 minute, CS would have been 10-0. Don't know why that happened or have an excuse.

There are no easy Friday nights in this district. West was horrible last year and I have heard that they won't be any different. The rest of the district will be a toss up just as it has the past four years. Both Robinson and Connally is much improved. Lorena, now not the smallest school in the District, is ALWAYS dangerous.LaVega is LaVega. Nothing special but always a contender. The same for China Spring. It is very seldom that the District Champ goes undefeated.

But don't go annointing LaVega world beaters.