PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Aunt

SHSBulldog00
05-02-2012, 07:30 PM
As some of you may remember my aunt has been undergoing chemo treatment's for the last few month's. This past week she came down with the flu and has been in the hospital since then. Here is the latest update

The doctor looked at the cat scan that was taken yesterday and said there was some fluid build up, this time more around her lungs. This is most likely causing her breathing and oxygen problems. He also wants to check for any blood clots in her lungs since her oxygen is low (80%). This is more for precautionary measures. The scan will check the amount of fluid so it can be drained. Unfortunately, the orders for all of this were not done before she received one of her medicines, a blood thinner that is supposed to help prevent blood clots, so they cannot drain the fluid today.

As far as the fluid build up around the lungs , I verified with the Dr. that this is not a new issue. When she was first diagnosed, she did have some fluid around her lungs, but it was not bothersome at that point. The fluid has now built to the point that it is causing problems, so it needs to be drained. Once drained, it will be sent for testing. We should have the results back for our appointment on Monday. He did state that the cancer in her abdomen is not getting worse, but it is not getting better either. Good news from the stand point that it has not spread, disappointing that it has not decreased. Before we leave the hospital tomorrow, we will go by the Dr.'s office so they can draw blood to recheck her cancer makers. On Monday, we will discuss the plan of action for the future.

Roughneck93
05-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Praying for the best SHS.

zebrablue2
05-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Prayers said and sent for healing!!!

Ville-D
05-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Praying

defense51
05-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Prayers from Alvarado.