PDA

View Full Version : Will Middlebrooks

Maroon87
05-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Ex-LE star hitting 8th for the Sawx tonight...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/18813/middlebrooks-activated-expected-to-start

pirate4state
05-02-2012, 03:59 PM
woo-hoo...been waiting for this!!! His mom (txkmom) used to post and was a part of the PMS clan :D. I'm pretty sure his dad is still a member of the board. Congrats!!!

Tejastrue
05-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Congrats to Will and his family.

waterboy
05-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Will hit a single, a double, had a walk, and stole a base in his ML debut. I'll be honest and tell you, I'm not surprised. That young man can play some ball.

44INAROW
05-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Will hit a single, a double, had a walk, and stole a base in his ML debut. I'll be honest and tell you, I'm not surprised. That young man can play some ball.

Nice!! Congrats to the Middlebrooks family!

j_dog
05-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Nice!! Congrats to the Middlebrooks family!
Second that! :clap:

Hello txkmom!

Roughneck93
05-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Saw that he hit his first MLB HR today. A grand slam against the Orioles. :2thumbsup

movethechain
05-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Congratulations to Will and his family. I still say he is the best punter I have ever seen at any level. Glad he followed his heart and is making his mark in baseball now. Still smarting from the heartbreak he gave Buckeye fans in 2005, along with his side-kick LaMichael.

waterboy
05-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Congratulations to Will and his family. I still say he is the best punter I have ever seen at any level. Glad he followed his heart and is making his mark in baseball now. Still smarting from the heartbreak he gave Buckeye fans in 2005, along with his side-kick LaMichael.
That was in '06, but, yeah, he was a heck of an athlete. Will Middlebrooks could've made in the NFL as a punter (if he didn't make as a QB), no doubt in my mind, but he wanted to play baseball which he was equally good at. With LaMichael James making it to the pros, that just shows how talented that '06 Liberty-Eylau team was. At least we did lose to the eventual state champions..... Our two turnovers killed us in that game. We had a lot of talent that year, too.......G.J. Kinne, Curtis Brown, Justin Johnson, and David Snow, just to name a few.