PDA

View Full Version : District 24-3A Predictions

Gsquared
05-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Anybody close to that district have any preditions as far as order of finish?

Old Tiger
05-02-2012, 07:12 PM
La Marque
West Columbia
Sweeny
Staffod
Sunnyside

Matthew328
05-02-2012, 07:45 PM
LM
W Columbia
Sweeny
Stafford
Sunnyside

Old Tiger
05-02-2012, 07:58 PM
LM
W Columbia
Sweeny
Stafford
Sunnysidecopycat lol

Roughneck93
05-02-2012, 08:07 PM
La Marque
West Columbia
Sweeny
Staffod
Sunnyside

LM
W Columbia
Sweeny
Stafford
Sunnyside

That's how I see it at this point.

regaleagle
05-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Just in case somebody read it wrong, let's reiterate:
LaMarque
W Columbia
Sweeny
Stafford
Sunnyside
I'm pretty sure most posters and viewers here will agree with this preseason assessment.

Manso/V8
05-02-2012, 10:30 PM
LaMarque may be their own worst enemy after what happened against Ozen and then during basketball.

If West Columbia is anything close to what they were last year, some small town, disciplined, smash mouth football may get to the LaMarque swagger.

The same kind of thing happened last year when SA Houston played teams like Devine and Gonzales.

Remember, a school moving from 4a to 3a is a school in decline.

yellaseeker
05-05-2012, 11:05 AM
LaMarque may be their own worst enemy after what happened against Ozen and then during basketball.

If West Columbia is anything close to what they were last year, some small town, disciplined, smash mouth football may get to the LaMarque swagger.

The same kind of thing happened last year when SA Houston played teams like Devine and Gonzales.

Remember, a school moving from 4a to 3a is a school in decline.

I tend to agree with that philosophy. I certainly don't doubt that La Marque with be a tough game but I think Columbia can and probably will surprise them. La Marque is always a force but in my opinion, too many 3a folks think that it is a given that they will dominate because they're coming down from 4a. That's just my observation, for what it's worth.

Saggy Aggie
05-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Like everyone has said, im giving lamarque the benefit of the doubt and saying they'll finish first. Columbia graduated quite a few key players so we'll see how well they can reload. Necks HC/AD also left so the new coach, lynch, (hired from within) will have to try to keep it together.

WC still has plenty of good players so we'll see how good the necks can be again

Necks88Fan
05-05-2012, 01:42 PM
I firmly believe that coach Lynch will have them ready. And, don't see any problem with him keeping it together.

Saggy Aggie
05-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I firmly believe that coach Lynch will have them ready. And, don't see any problem with him keeping it together.

I agree, but Lynch is an offensive guy. The D is what took WC as far as they went last year. With Surovik gone, I'm interested to see how well the D plays. I fully expect the offense to be every bit as good as they were last year.

Just saying with as many key players as WC lost (Treylon, the brown twins, Swanks, etc) and Surovik no longer having his hand in the defense, I'm just wondering will the necks have it together well enough to beat LM. I'm not saying we wont, but i just think its going to be a challenge for our coaching staff. I fully believe they will get it done, i just wanna see our guys play a few games before im ready to say we're going to beat LM.

Necks88Fan
05-06-2012, 02:19 AM
I agree, but Lynch is an offensive guy. The D is what took WC as far as they went last year. With Surovik gone, I'm interested to see how well the D plays. I fully expect the offense to be every bit as good as they were last year.

Just saying with as many key players as WC lost (Treylon, the brown twins, Swanks, etc) and Surovik no longer having his hand in the defense, I'm just wondering will the necks have it together well enough to beat LM. I'm not saying we wont, but i just think its going to be a challenge for our coaching staff. I fully believe they will get it done, i just wanna see our guys play a few games before im ready to say we're going to beat LM.

Yeah, we are losing some good guys. That being said, i've witnessed those coaches damn near perform miracles in the last couple years with holes in the offense and having to move kids around that have never played in certain positions. They proved me wrong for two years, especially this last season. I didn't predict our offense being near that effective early on. They made good adjustments and really had the kids buy into their ideas. As far as the defense, we still have the same DC up in the box to call the shots so i'm not too worried there. I think if we fall short of beating La Marque, it will be on talent alone. I'm fortunate enough to be able to watch damn near every practice, getting off at 3:30 just about every day. Nothing like seeing it all come together from day one to the finished product. I especially like watching the practices during the playoffs and having some insight on the new plays and seeing them work on adjustment to the defense for the next game. Damn i'm ready for football again. No debate here Saggy, just the way i see things.

Matthew328
05-06-2012, 08:24 AM
LaMarque's football program is not on the decline...the numbers and talent is still there..we've discussed this peviously, the reason LaMarque dropped is the schools is a large majority of boys now..they've still got about 500 boys enrolled...

What will hurt LaMarque is their offense will be young because they graduated most of their experience...but a team that played for a state title two years ago and one that lost in the quarters last year doesn't strike me as on the decline

Saggy Aggie
05-06-2012, 10:54 AM
I just know that the LM/Sweeny/WC games will be good measuring sticks and good practice for the playoffs.

regaleagle
05-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Hey, personally I'd be tickled pink to see WC to put good ol' fashioned whuppin' on LM, just for the fun of it all. :D