PDA

View Full Version : Tatum 2005 3A state championship team has three in the NFL

cowboyandchrist
04-30-2012, 03:46 PM
D More- Oakland Radiers, Brice Bell- cowboys, and Lennon Greer-Redskins. Not bad for a town of 1,200. The pipe line still flows in Tatum. The eighth and ninth grades are full of sons of NFL players, little brothers, and cousins of the ones just mentioned. The people of Tatum say when the 8th graders become juniors and the 9th graders are seniors that they should be even better than the 2005 team. We are very excited about the future.

Old Tiger
04-30-2012, 03:49 PM
D More- Oakland Radiers, Brice Bell- cowboys, and Lennon Greer-Redskins. Not bad for a town of 1,200. The pipe line still flows in Tatum. The eighth and ninth grades are full of sons of NFL players, little brothers, and cousins of the ones just mentioned. The people of Tatum say when the 8th graders become juniors and the 9th graders are seniors that they should be even better than the 2005 team. We are very excited about the future.Why wait that long to be that good? Start it when they are freshmen and sophomores.

waterboy
04-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Saw all three play high school ball against my Buckeyes. They were all very talented and fast, so I'm not surprised at all that they get a shot at the NFL. D. Moore, Lennon Creer, and Bryce Beall.....that's a lot of talent from a little ol' 2A school.

Old Tiger
04-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Saw all three play high school ball against my Buckeyes. They were all very talented and fast, so I'm not surprised at all that they get a shot at the NFL. D. Moore, Lennon Creer, and Bryce Beall.....that's a lot of talent from a little ol' 2A school.3a*

MGAR
04-30-2012, 04:38 PM
3a*

and 2A...

All three players won state in both 3A and 2A.

waterboy
04-30-2012, 05:00 PM
and 2A...

All three players won state in both 3A and 2A.
Exactly.......with them being 2A their senior seasons, and with Tatum still being 2A now. Even when they were 3A they were below 3A numbers the year they won state.......if memory serves.

MGAR
04-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Exactly.......with them being 2A their senior seasons, and with Tatum still being 2A now. Even when they were 3A they were below 3A numbers the year they won state.......if memory serves.

Dmo and Creer are a year ahead of Beall. He was just a soph on the 05 team.

and yes, numbers were well into 2A at that time.

Didn't Hutto have 4A numbers? or was that the next realignment?

Old Tiger
04-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Exactly.......with them being 2A their senior seasons, and with Tatum still being 2A now. Even when they were 3A they were below 3A numbers the year they won state.......if memory serves.Because they hutto got screwed by refs...

From that state game against Hutto 4 players will be in the NFL

MGAR
04-30-2012, 05:25 PM
lol which part of the game did the refs screw Hutto? I wanna go to it and see it.

Another player from that Tatum team had a shot at the NFL but was cut by the Bills.... Last season.. So he decided to go back to school and get his masters.

Old Tiger
04-30-2012, 06:12 PM
that bullcrap where they said hutto touched the punt

lars
04-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Be more specific Old Tiger.

cowboyandchrist
04-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Coach Evans does not like to play freshmen and sophmores unless he has to. He did move three of those freshmen up for the playoffs this year and they were amazing. He played them on defense. The names from this years 8th and 9th grades will be well known in time just like there dads. Travin Smith-Oakland Radiers, Larry Horton-Chicago Bears, Larry Hodge-Dallas Cowboys- Larry Centers- St Louis Cardinals and super bowl ring with Pats, Greers, Bells, and Mores. Not bad

defense51
05-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Awesome, I've always loved it when the the small town kids make it to the NFL.

LHPfactory
05-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Jeremy Kerley was with Hutto at that championship. He went to the TCU and then the Jets, looks like alot of NFL talent played in that game.

On a side note LH beat Hutto that year 49-40 in one of the best games I have ever watched, lead changed hands like 5 or 6 times.

Old Tiger
05-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Jeremy Kerley was with Hutto at that championship. He went to the TCU and then the Jets, looks like alot of NFL talent played in that game.

On a side note LH beat Hutto that year 49-40 in one of the best games I have ever watched, lead changed hands like 5 or 6 times.Better game that year was Cameron Yoe vs Hutto at the Palace in round rock.

Yoe_09
05-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Better game that year was Cameron Yoe vs Hutto at the Palace in round rock.

But, without Derek Evans.

MGAR
05-01-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm still trying to figure out who Larry Hodge is... from the last time I saw his name a while back. Never heard of him.

and it's Moore, not More...

waterboy
05-01-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm still trying to figure out who Larry Hodge is... from the last time I saw his name a while back. Never heard of him.

I think he was referring to Stephen (sp?) Hodge.

Farmersfan
05-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Bryce Beall was a 1 man wreaking crew for the Eagles against my Farmers in the State Championship game in 07'. He rushed for about 225 yards against a Farmers defense that had been really, really tough against the run all season. I was amazed at how Beall could break tackles and carrry people down the field. Unfortuanely for him, Farmers aren't easily carried!!!! :D

Anyone heard recent updates on the tall Tatum receiver from that team? I think his name was Blackmon (?)..............

Txbroadcaster
05-01-2012, 02:42 PM
I think he was referring to Stephen (sp?) Hodge.

I hope Stephen Hodge does not have a kid in 8th grade...he was saying those kids in 8th and 9th grade are the kids of the ones he named from how I read it

cowboyandchrist
05-01-2012, 05:53 PM

My mistake, it is stephen not Larry. His older brother was anthony, who played for Baylor and would have made to the NFL if he had not got hurt.

cowboyandchrist
05-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I hope Stephen Hodge does not have a kid in 8th grade...he was saying those kids in 8th and 9th grade are the kids of the ones he named from how I read it
His brother was a senior at Tatum in 1993. Travin Smith and Anthony each rused for 2,000 yards in 93. South lake Carroll beat Tatum in the semi finals.

MGAR
05-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Anyone heard recent updates on the tall Tatum receiver from that team? I think his name was Blackmon (?)..............

Went to Colorado, didn't pan out.

Coach Evans does not like to play freshmen and sophmores unless he has to. He did move three of those freshmen up for the playoffs this year and they were amazing. He played them on defense. The names from this years 8th and 9th grades will be well known in time just like there dads. Travin Smith-Oakland Radiers, Larry Horton-Chicago Bears, Larry Hodge-Dallas Cowboys- Larry Centers- St Louis Cardinals and super bowl ring with Pats, Greers, Bells, and Mores. Not bad

If they played in the NFL why the heck are they still in Tatum? I dont want to make fun of Tatum but you would think they would move somewhere nicer and more NFLish.....:vrycnfsd:

cowboyandchrist
05-02-2012, 03:31 PM
If they played in the NFL why the heck are they still in Tatum? I dont want to make fun of Tatum but you would think they would move somewhere nicer and more NFLish.....:vrycnfsd:
No better place in the world to raise your kids, the teachers, coaches, and facilites are as good as it gets. Ask on Smoaky who has the nicest facilites in all sports in East Texas. In door practice field at the 2a level and ect.

cowboyandchrist
05-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Went to Colorado, didn't pan out.
Chance Blackmon transferred to Houston.

No better place in the world to raise your kids, the teachers, coaches, and facilites are as good as it gets. Ask on Smoaky who has the nicest facilites in all sports in East Texas. In door practice field at the 2a level and ect.

Im joking!!!

MGAR
05-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Chance Blackmon transferred to Houston.

and..... didn't pan out.