PDA

View Full Version : BURNET peeps on Reveille Peak Ranch

hollywood
04-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Hello fellow Burnet folks!! What can you tell me about Reveille Peak Ranch? I'm running the Pandora's BoX of RoX trail marathon (26.2 miles) this Saturday there. It's Cinco de Mayo and going to be muy caliente!! :1omg!:

Any input on the place itself? Would be greatly appreciated.

hollywood
04-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Hello fellow Burnet folks!! What can you tell me about Reveille Peak Ranch? I'm running the Pandora's BoX of RoX trail marathon (26.2 miles) this Saturday there. It's Cinco de Mayo and going to be muy caliente!! :1omg!:

Any input on the place itself? Would be greatly appreciated.

ttt

How 'bout some good eats? Come on Cam.. lmk!

greendawg84
05-01-2012, 08:57 AM
I have never been out there but the food thing I can help you with ! Breakfast or lunch , Bluebonnet Cafe Marble Falls. From the Reveille go west on 1431 , take a left on 281 South , it will be 5 or 6 blocks south on your left. None better in these parts. River City Grill for Dinner , one more block south on the right , over looks Lake Marble Falls. For both if you cross the lake you went to far south.

Dont know where my boy Cam is hiding ..... guess he is waiting on Football season to start.

hollywood
05-01-2012, 02:21 PM
I have never been out there but the food thing I can help you with ! Breakfast or lunch , Bluebonnet Cafe Marble Falls. From the Reveille go west on 1431 , take a left on 281 South , it will be 5 or 6 blocks south on your left. None better in these parts. River City Grill for Dinner , one more block south on the right , over looks Lake Marble Falls. For both if you cross the lake you went to far south.

Dont know where my boy Cam is hiding ..... guess he is waiting on Football season to start.

Greendawg84.. thanks for the info.. MF would be opposite from where I'm coming from or heading back to. I'm thinking of a place where we can get a very large beer and some decent food after this beast of a marathon.

BTW, I've been to Bluebonnet Cafe and it's pretty good. Nothing in Burnet?? Thought about Cooper's BBQ in Llano.

AP Panther Fan
05-01-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm running the Pandora's BoX of RoX trail marathon (26.2 miles) this Saturday there.

I'd need to know where the nearest hospital is.:ack!:

hollywood
05-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Reveville Peak Ranch link: http://rprtexas.com/

Check out the gallery then look at events. This is what we're getting oursleves into! :1omg!:

I think I'll need to know where the nearest Hospital is like APP Fan said.

AP Panther Fan
05-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Reveville Peak Ranch link: http://rprtexas.com/

Check out the gallery then look at events. This is what we're getting oursleves into! :1omg!:

I think I'll need to know where the nearest Hospital is like APP Fan said.

A matter of additional concern would be the 250+ PRIMITIVE campsites....I wonder if there are various levels of PRIMITIVE?

All joking aside, it looks beautiful.:)

lv2937
05-02-2012, 09:41 AM
The Maxican in Burnet is a Great place to eat. They also have your cold beer. Its on highway 281 south, just past the hospital on the right. Coming from marble falls it will be on your left right before u get to the first stop light.

hollywood
05-02-2012, 09:44 AM
A matter of additional concern would be the 250+ PRIMITIVE campsites....I wonder if there are various levels of PRIMITIVE?

All joking aside, it looks beautiful.:)

LOL.. true, very true!

hollywood
05-02-2012, 09:46 AM
The Maxican in Burnet is a Great place to eat. They also have your cold beer. Its on highway 281 south, just past the hospital on the right. Coming from marble falls it will be on your left right before u get to the first stop light.

Awesome Iv2937! That's what I was looking for.. Tex-mex! Good margaritas?

lv2937
05-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Awesome Iv2937! That's what I was looking for.. Tex-mex! Good margaritas?The maxican has everything to eat, sea food, steaks, tx mex, b b q, and yes good cold margaritas. let me know what u think of it.

greendawg84
05-03-2012, 01:10 PM
The maxican has everything to eat, sea food, steaks, tx mex, b b q, and yes good cold margaritas. let me know what u think of it.

Yep , thats the best in Burnet , and like lv2937 said , its right next door to the hospital so you can kill two birds with one stone.

hollywood
05-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Yep , thats the best in Burnet , and like lv2937 said , its right next door to the hospital so you can kill two birds with one stone.

Probably going to be a cheap buzz after 26 miles of hell! lol

May need the ER after it's all sais and done... let's hope not!

OldNavy
05-04-2012, 11:47 AM
I'd need to know where the nearest hospital is.:ack!:

Really? I heard the food wasn't too good there. :tisk:

RoyceTTU
05-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Probably going to be a cheap buzz after 26 miles of hell! lol

May need the ER after it's all sais and done... let's hope not!

This is in no comparison to length but more skill set,,,but after my 11 miles of the Tough Mudder, the last thing i wanted was beer/margarita or anything...It was like the life was sucked out of me.

This race looks fun though, good luck

lv2937
05-04-2012, 03:47 PM
i dont know who told u that but i THINK its the best place in burnet county to eat.

lv2937
05-04-2012, 03:49 PM
the owners of the maxican ran in the tough mudder also. i think they r running in the one on saturday also

hollywood
05-07-2012, 03:48 PM
I SURVIVED!!

I want to say that this was the toughest thing I've ever done in my life! I've ran 5 road marathons and ran multiple adventure races (Mudruns, mountain bike races, road bike races ie. Hotter Than Hell 100 miler), the HHH Triple Threat (12 mile mountain bike race on Fri, 100 mile road bike race on Sat, 13.1 mile trail run on Sun all in 100+ degree heat) and this out did them ALL!

Out of 109 starters only 82 finished the 26.2 miler through the roughest country I've ever ran in. It'd be like running from Wimberley to Blanco or Wimberley to New Braunfels through the country side! Unbelievable terrain.

I was starving afterward and ended up burning 3650 calories so thanks to the Maxican for the great hospitality and food! Pre race dinner and post run lunch were awesome! They have great fish tacos and good burgers and cold cold beer! Highly recommended... the back rub from the hostess was awesome! ;)

lv2937
05-07-2012, 09:07 PM
The lady that gives the back rub is my wifes aunt. my wifes cousins on the restraunt. i thought u may would like it.