PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on the Division 1 Regional Finals

Matthew328
11-24-2002, 09:30 PM
Monahans-Everman: The Loboes continue on their surprising run against an Everman team that is playing very well....Monahans is tough on D but can they contain all of Everman's weapons?? Everman's D is playing extremely well...Nick Clark has been great...can Monahans block him?? And if they do then they have to deal with Everman's 2 big tackles and speedy LB's..I think this game is close for a half but Everman's depth wears Monahans down..Everman by 20..

Atlanta-Forney: The Rabbit Bowl....this should be an awesome game!! Atlanta is playing as well as they have all year...and they are battle tested going up against the likes of Texas High and Mt Pleasant..Texas High by the way is in the 4A Region II final...Forney had an off night against a game bunch from Carthage..they can't have that kind of game against the speedy Rabbits..I think Forney's balanced offense will be much better this week and squeak out a close one..Forney by 3..

Bridge City-Jasper: can Jasper be stopped?? BC is the last chance for a Region 3 team to do so..the Cards have been on fire of late..Peebles and Knight have been great...however can anyone stop the machine that is Jasper on both sides of the ball?? BC will need a mistake free game and Jasper will need to be off thier game some..the Astrodome hasn't been kind to the Bulldogs..last time they played there in the Regional Final as a Class 4A school Bay City beat em 35-7...I still like Jasper by 24

Sinton-Burnet: This is the big one..2 12-0 teams going at it...#1 vs #2...Sinton may have a slight edge in experience..but boy Burnet is playing well...Alaniz has been spectacualar for the Pirates...but Burnet has their own set of triplets..with McGee, Miller and Shipley...can Sinton's secondary contain Jordan Shipley?? I think Sinton can keep Miller in check but I think Shipley may be the difference...Burnet by 3