Saggy Aggie
04-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Just got dunked on. And the mavs lost.

I laughed.

Z-RO
04-28-2012, 11:26 PM

I laughed.

No way that dunk was a and 1...and when Dirk lost his dribble Harden hit his arm and nothing was called.

Tejastrue
04-29-2012, 12:18 AM

I laughed.

How about them Rockets...

Saggy Aggie
04-29-2012, 01:21 PM
How about them Rockets... what about them? Nearly made the playoffs with a bunch of no name guys in a rebuilding year with a new coach.

MJMbrahmas10
04-29-2012, 02:03 PM
With arguably two of their best players ( martin, and lowry) out the last part of the season. I think parsons will become a bigtime player

Old Tiger
04-29-2012, 02:04 PM
KD owned the moment. I don't agree with the last fould on Dirk to put them up before KD made the winner.

Saggy Aggie
04-29-2012, 02:40 PM
How about them Rockets... plus what does that have to do with 7ft dirk getting dunked on?

defense51
04-29-2012, 03:05 PM
The Mavericks don't play defense!

Emerson1
04-29-2012, 04:05 PM

I'm not sure how you can play Durant any better then they did. He got a lucky bounce, it's not like he had a wide open shot that he swished. Only 5 guys for the Thunder scored. It took a miracle night by Ibaka for them to even be in the game.

Tejastrue
04-29-2012, 07:04 PM
what about them? Nearly made the playoffs with a bunch of no name guys in a rebuilding year with a new coach.

I'm a Maverick fan..if you're gonna take a shot...I gotta respond. :crazy1:

Tejastrue
04-29-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure how you can play Durant any better then they did. He got a lucky bounce, it's not like he had a wide open shot that he swished. Only 5 guys for the Thunder scored. It took a miracle night by Ibaka for them to even be in the game.

Absolutely. The Thunder were very fortunate.

coach
04-29-2012, 10:56 PM

?? They are one of the best defending teams in the league.....

Durante got lucky simple as that. And to say dirk wasnt fouled...that's bs he got hacked like crazy. In fact he was hammered 3 times that were no calls. And the and one call on dirk was bad. Thunder won with all this goin for them and they were at home....

Tejastrue
04-29-2012, 11:19 PM

Durante got lucky simple as that. And to say dirk wasnt fouled...that's bs he got hacked like crazy. In fact he was hammered 3 times that were no calls. And the and one call on dirk was bad. Thunder won with all this goin for them and they were at home....

:2thumbsup

Saggy Aggie
04-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Dirk got dunked on. That was pretty cool

Farmersfan
04-30-2012, 08:07 AM
I loved the fact that the Mavs were in a position to win that game at the end while playing against the highest scoring team in the NBA with the scoring leader in the NBA, in their house with all the "revenge" attitude going on in that arena! They have nothing to be down about. That was a very lucky bounce for Durant and i'll take that scenerio in every game and the Mavs will get the bounce 9 out of 10 times. Now with that being said I have to talk about the elephant in the room. With 90 seconds to go in the game the Mavs are up 5 with an opportunity to go up 7 or 8. For the next minute of that game Dirk has 2 or 3 turnovers and 2 very, very piss poor shots. He shot a 3 pointer with 12 seconds left on the shot clock with a defender right in his face. I have tried to give Dirk a lot of wiggle room this season because he did get his ring but DAMNIT!!!!!! He has to be more money than that! The last play where he forced the foul was a good play for Dirk but that does't excuse the previous 5 possessions................ :thmbdwn:

The biggest difference in this Mavs team and last year's World Champions is in the middle. Heywood is just plain lame! I don't believe I have ever seen Heywood win the opening tip this season. NOT ONCE!

Phil C
04-30-2012, 08:09 AM
I am a Spurs fans first but if they don't win it I would be for the Mavs. Of course if KD does good I am happy also but remember that was just a Game 1 and not a series winner. Still more games to go.

waterboy
04-30-2012, 09:58 AM
The refs let them play down the stretch, and that is good, but there were some questionable calls both ways at critical times. No excuses, though, the Mavs had a chance to win it and almost did. That's encouraging based on the way they've played over the last month or so. The Mavericks need to keep Dirk from having to put the ball on the floor that far from the basket because the help defense is getting deflections when he does put it on the floor. Dirk will have to find his stroke, though, for them to be able to win the series. If he does find his stroke, and the players around him do their part, I see no reason why the Mavs can't win this series. They WILL have to win Game 2, in my opinion, though. I would like to see Wright in there more, however. I think he is better defensively than Mahinmi. Down the stretch I think Haywood is a liability because of his inability to consistently knock down free throws. If Brendan were in there, I'll guarantee the Thunder would "hack a Haywood".

Someone mentioned that they didn't think Haywood has ever won a tipoff. I don't think the Mavericks as a whole have a won a tipoff in years, lol, at least not many.

Bullaholic
04-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Anybody get the impression that Saggy is not a Mavs and Dirk fan? :D

Tejastrue
04-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Anybody get the impression that Saggy is not a Mavs and Dirk fan? :D

The thought did cross my mind...:thinking:

regaleagle
04-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Dirk cannot hit in the 4th, and surprisingly the Mavs are giving a very good Thunder team all they can handle.

Saggy Aggie
04-30-2012, 11:39 PM
Anybody get the impression that Saggy is not a Mavs and Dirk fan? :D are you kidding?

I love dirkoff. Especially when he gets dunked on

Emerson1
04-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Dirk cannot hit in the 4th, and surprisingly the Mavs are giving a very good Thunder team all they can handle.
Not really surprising. There is a reason this match up is the one everyone that watched a game before last week wanted for Dallas. Dallas goes 5/23 from deep, OKC shoots a miraculous 37/39 from the line and Dallas only loses by 3.

defense51
05-01-2012, 06:16 AM

I'm a huge Mavs fan, but in my opinion they haven't been a best defending team in the league since the mid to late 80's. They have lazy feet and the lack of prominence of a "real" center in the middle kills them defensively.

coach
05-01-2012, 08:16 AM
I'm a huge Mavs fan, but in my opinion they haven't been a best defending team in the league since the mid to late 80's. They have lazy feet and the lack of prominence of a "real" center in the middle kills them defensively.

I guess you must have missed all playoffs last year....they were real lazy shutting down lebron and dwade

Farmersfan
05-01-2012, 08:43 AM
I think the "RINGS" for the Mavs are making their feet slow. I see bad decisions being made way more often than we use to it seems. J. Terry took 2 ill advised shots at the end of last nights game when J. Kidd was wide open at the top of the key. V. Carter seems to decide before he even gets the ball that he is going to shoot regardless of what kind of shot he has. And like I said earlier, Dirk is about as far removed from being CLUTCH as I have ever seen him. But give the Mavs credit! They dumped about half their World Championship team and are still managing to stay right in the game with the Thunder!
On a side note: I don't think Westbrook or Durant learned any lessons from the past 2 post seasons! The more I watch them the more I am convinced their chances of winning it all are very slim. Game 3 and 4 will be interesting for sure. But it looks like the Mavs run will be short lived.......

Bullaholic
05-01-2012, 09:16 AM
I think Cuban took a calculated risk when he lost Chandler and Butler---he was positioning to get Howard and Williams, which didn't happen this season, and Cuban knew that this could happen, so he filled in with Odom and whoever else he could find, and ended up with a partial "pick-up" team trying to repeat for an NBA title---which would be a miracle. Cuban will get that one additional impact player next season and the Mavs will have a legitimate shot at another title.

Meanwhile, the Mavs can keep pace with the Thunder most of the games, but like a good miler without a "kick"---they lose in the stretch to the younger Thunder. Still, I hope the Mavs can somehow rally and win the next two---although I won't be betting the farm on it. Go Mavs .

defense51
05-01-2012, 11:01 AM
I guess you must have missed all playoffs last year....they were real lazy shutting down lebron and dwade
Coach I saw almost all of last year's playoffs games for the Mavs, but I don't think it was the defense that won. It could just my interpretation of the finals, but I don't think the Mavs defense "shut down" Lebron or Wade. They just didn't seem to find their groove overall as a team, they missed high percentage shots and put the Mavs on the FT line way to often. Personally I think in this championship it was the offense of the Mavs that made the difference.

Farmersfan
05-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I think Cuban took a calculated risk when he lost Chandler and Butler---he was positioning to get Howard and Williams, which didn't happen this season, and Cuban knew that this could happen, so he filled in with Odom and whoever else he could find, and ended up with a partial "pick-up" team trying to repeat for an NBA title---which would be a miracle. Cuban will get that one additional impact player next season and the Mavs will have a legitimate shot at another title.

Meanwhile, the Mavs can keep pace with the Thunder most of the games, but like a good miler without a "kick"---they lose in the stretch to the younger Thunder. Still, I hope the Mavs can somehow rally and win the next two---although I won't be betting the farm on it. Go Mavs .

It's pretty discouraging to me that after winning the title Cuban allowed the team to take this big of a step backwards. Chandler would have been worth keeping no matter what the cost. The Heat were just as good as the Mavs last season and then went out and sign Battier for this season. The Clippers have loaded up with all kinds of talent. Every team in a competitive position just keep trying to add peices. Cuban adds a senior citizen V. Carter, a complete mental midget Odam and a very limited roll player in D. West. I certainly hope he has a plan that works out otherwise he has just thrown away one of the few seasons we have left with Dirk and Jet in their prime....

Txbroadcaster
05-01-2012, 03:18 PM
It's pretty discouraging to me that after winning the title Cuban allowed the team to take this big of a step backwards. Chandler would have been worth keeping no matter what the cost. The Heat were just as good as the Mavs last season and then went out and sign Battier for this season. The Clippers have loaded up with all kinds of talent. Every team in a competitive position just keep trying to add peices. Cuban adds a senior citizen V. Carter, a complete mental midget Odam and a very limited roll player in D. West. I certainly hope he has a plan that works out otherwise he has just thrown away one of the few seasons we have left with Dirk and Jet in their prime....

Battier is making 3 mil this year..Chandler 13 mil..big difference and no Tyson was not worth to Dallas what he was signed for by the Knicks.

the new CBA made it where Cuban had to make a decision and this is the route he went, free up money going forward or overpay Chandler and JJ and have your team cash strapped for next 5 years

Emerson1
05-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Dirk is going to be around until he is 40. I'd much rather not be locked in with an overpaid JJ and Tyson when there is a shot at landing Williams this off season and Howard next. Having true superstars to replace Dirk sounds better then locking up a role player and an aging center for 4 more years.

Saggy Aggie
05-01-2012, 08:33 PM
How'd the mavs do in game 2? I didn't see.

Did dirk get dunked on again? That was pretty cool in game 1

Emerson1
05-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Is it really dunked on if the guy is already hanging on the rim and you come from the other side and run into him?

83Indian
05-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Come on man. Dirk has no help. Unless Terry is hot, they basically are done. I have no confidence in Kidd or Carter. Those two were so pathetic in game 2 it is laughable. Heck I could probably go 1 for 9. Carter throws up bricks. And why the heck can't any of our big men dunk over anyone? Keep Dirk, Marion, West and re-load. Dallas SHOULD have won both these games.

Lets see if they can dig a little deeper at home and win a couple.

Emerson1
05-01-2012, 10:57 PM
It would be nice if Roddy B could develop that 15 foot jumper Westbrook has. Pretty much all Westbrook can do is drive to the lane and flop if it's not wide open, or just pull up and nail that jumper.

Saggy Aggie
05-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Is it really dunked on if the guy is already hanging on the rim and you come from the other side and run into him? other side of the rim?

Seems to me this is the definition of getting dunked on....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpm29YpqvUE

Farmersfan
05-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Battier is making 3 mil this year..Chandler 13 mil..big difference and no Tyson was not worth to Dallas what he was signed for by the Knicks.

the new CBA made it where Cuban had to make a decision and this is the route he went, free up money going forward or overpay Chandler and JJ and have your team cash strapped for next 5 years

The Mavs won the title last season for one reason and one reason only. Chandler in the middle! You claim Tyson isn't worth 13 million but in the NBA there are only a handful of dominating centers. Any of those guys would cost you at least that much. So your options are to go with a completely ineffectual Heywood (at 8 mil), try to develope a completely unknown or sign Tyson for whatever it takes to get him. I think there is only 1 logical choice. And Mavs might get Devon but there is zero chance they get Devon and Howard without gutting the rest of the team. But even if they do somehow manage to get both those guys they will have lost 3 years of Dirk............................. A Mavs team with Howard/Williams and an over-the-hill Dirk and a support cast of completely untalented (low paid)plaers is no better than what Orlando has had for years and couldn't get it done. The window is only open for a set amount of time. Waiting 3 years is not very smart! Win now.................

Rather than sign Tyson to 13 million Cuban pays V. Carter 3 mil, Lamar Odom 9 mil, Heywood 8 mil and Brian Cardinal a frickin' 1.5 million. I know Cuban is supposed to have a plan but I don't see how burning the Mavs great chance to repeat in order to get in a position to MAYBE get players he wants is a smart move............. we'll see!

Txbroadcaster
05-02-2012, 08:46 AM
The Mavs won the title last season for one reason and one reason only. Chandler in the middle! You claim Tyson isn't worth 13 million but in the NBA there are only a handful of dominating centers. Any of those guys would cost you at least that much. So your options are to go with a completely ineffectual Heywood (at 8 mil), try to develope a completely unknown or sign Tyson for whatever it takes to get him. I think there is only 1 logical choice. And Mavs might get Devon but there is zero chance they get Devon and Howard without gutting the rest of the team. But even if they do somehow manage to get both those guys they will have lost 3 years of Dirk............................. A Mavs team with Howard/Williams and an over-the-hill Dirk and a support cast of completely untalented (low paid)plaers is no better than what Orlando has had for years and couldn't get it done. The window is only open for a set amount of time. Waiting 3 years is not very smart! Win now.................

Rather than sign Tyson to 13 million Cuban pays V. Carter 3 mil, Lamar Odom 9 mil, Heywood 8 mil and Brian Cardinal a frickin' 1.5 million. I know Cuban is supposed to have a plan but I don't see how burning the Mavs great chance to repeat in order to get in a position to MAYBE get players he wants is a smart move............. we'll see!

Odom was a one year deal...Heywood can have his contract forgiven at the end of this season with no cap hit. Cuban offered Tyson one year 10 mil and was turned down..it is not as mch as the amount this year as being tied for 5-6 years....You cant compare Heywoods bad contract because again that is before the new CBA which changed things 100% for Cuban, his tax is now double for going over the cap, he has to pick and choose. And it ..sucked having to pick this year but IMO he did the right thing giving the club flexibility for the next 5 years

He is basically doing what Jones SHOULD have done when the NFL cap was put in place. Jones went all in for one more SB title and it killed the team for 5-8 years. Yes the SB title was awesome, but it also caused the 5-11 seasons we got so tired of and reaching for players in trades and the draft.

Farmersfan
05-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Odom was a one year deal...Heywood can have his contract forgiven at the end of this season with no cap hit. Cuban offered Tyson one year 10 mil and was turned down..it is not as mch as the amount this year as being tied for 5-6 years....You cant compare Heywoods bad contract because again that is before the new CBA which changed things 100% for Cuban, his tax is now double for going over the cap, he has to pick and choose. And it ..sucked having to pick this year but IMO he did the right thing giving the club flexibility for the next 5 years

He is basically doing what Jones SHOULD have done when the NFL cap was put in place. Jones went all in for one more SB title and it killed the team for 5-8 years. Yes the SB title was awesome, but it also caused the 5-11 seasons we got so tired of and reaching for players in trades and the draft.

Maybe it will all work out in the end. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Emerson1
05-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Is Devon some new overseas star or something?