PDA

View Full Version : Toughest Places to Play...Pros, College, and HS?

Bullaholic
04-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Where do you think the toughest places to play are in the Pros, College, and HS? This is taking crowd noise, facillity, intimidation, weather, and game intensity/importance into consideration. Homer opinions are ok as long as they are believable and supported by some non-homers.

Pros--Lincoln Financial field- Cowboys@Eagles

College- Tiger Stadium (Death Valley) LSU vs Auburn

HS- Homer pick: Mustang Bowl- Anytime Monahans and Bridgeport meet in playoffs
Non-homer pick: Have to think about some more.

Saggy Aggie
04-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Lambeau seems pretty brutal in december

Bullaholic
04-27-2012, 01:16 PM

Yea, I think Lambeau wins the weather pick.

Which one is louder when aTm and UT play (er, used to play)---Kyle Field or Memorial Stadium?

SintonFan_inAustin
04-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Sinton baseball team had a win streak at home in district games dating back to 1999 which must had been around 70+ games without a team coming into Sinton and leaving with a win. It was snapped in a 6-5 loss to Rockport Fulton couple weeks ago.

Lion70
04-27-2012, 01:48 PM

Which one is louder when aTm and UT play (er, used to play)---Kyle Field or Memorial Stadium?

Your kidding right

Bullaholic
04-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Your kidding right

Two choices---one answer, please....:D

Old Tiger
04-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Depends if its a big game at DKR and Texas is in it or close its definitely DKR.

Consistently Kyle Field is louder but its because they practice and make out with fat girls.

Lion70
04-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Depends if its a big game at DKR and Texas is in it or close its definitely DKR.

Consistently Kyle Field is louder but its because they practice and make out with fat girls.

buthurt anyone

Lion70
04-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Kyle field but lately with the exception of 2010 Texas has supported the better team.

defense51
04-27-2012, 05:37 PM

Kyle field

defense51
04-27-2012, 05:41 PM
What's wrong with making out with fat girls? Or practicing to make out with fat girls?

OldBison75
04-27-2012, 07:47 PM
I can't wait till Old Tiger has a daughter that decides she is going to be an Aggie. Mine did, and after years of being a huge Longhorn fan, I have now developed a soft spot in my heart for the Aggies. The school has been very good to my baby and the more I learn about the traditions and lifelong friendships that are part of that college life, I am honored to call my daughter an Aggie.

Saggy Aggie
04-27-2012, 08:24 PM
I can't wait till Old Tiger has a daughter that decides she is going to be an Aggie. Mine did, and after years of being a huge Longhorn fan, I have now developed a soft spot in my heart for the Aggies. The school has been very good to my baby and the more I learn about the traditions and lifelong friendships that are part of that college life, I am honored to call my daughter an Aggie. doubt OT would have a daughter smart enough to go to A&M, or Texas for that matter.

And even if he did, she'd probably be one of those fat girls he's talking about. :)

OldBison75
04-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Saggy, I think that God would find it very humorous to give OT a daughter that would be an Aggie. AND, we all know God has a sense of humor, after all, how many lives has he allowed OT to take on on this board for our entertainment.

Ernest T Bass
04-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Lobo Stadium in Longview is a pretty tough place to play.

buckeyebob
04-28-2012, 05:06 AM

Floyd Casey Stadium for me...brutal

Lion70
04-28-2012, 07:05 AM

I know lots of brutal play played there.

Lion70
04-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Lobo Stadium in Longview is a pretty tough place to play.

Not in the playoffs sorry I am wrong for that.

LH_Tuff
04-28-2012, 07:12 AM

Floyd Casey has always been good to Liberty Hill. ;)

Ernest T Bass
04-28-2012, 07:43 AM

I'm sure it's plenty tough if you're playing Longview there in the playoffs. You gotta dodge pine cones on the way on and off the field from the Lobo fans.

Rabid Cougar
04-28-2012, 08:29 AM

Go YOEMEN!

Rabid Cougar
04-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Having played in both Kyle, DKR and Tiger Stadium.... Kyle Field by far is the loudest. The only place were my ears were ringing after a football game -anywhere.
Tiger Stadium however was the most fun. There was pure hatred there, much more so than at DKR. However, they were also offering you beer on the sidelines. The tail gate smells wafting in awesome too!

Going to the olders boys games.. Alabama's Denny-Bryant Stadium and Clemsons Death Valley..... pure atmosphere. Also the UL-Lafayette atmosphere and tailgating off the charts... again crazy Cajuns.

ctown81
04-28-2012, 10:59 AM

Classic!

Ville-D
04-28-2012, 01:15 PM
...but its because they practice and make out with fat girls.

Is that what gig-em means?

Lion70
04-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Is that what gig-em means?

Depends on the amount of beer you had.

orange machine
04-28-2012, 02:17 PM
I know when I was in high school playing football from 96 to 2000 and I speak for all players going on our team going to play in Celina and Pilot Point was like a death sentence. We played them both back to back weeks every freakin year. Both Celina and Pilot Point were in the top 10 every year my gosh it was brutal. I think the worst part about playing Celina other than them kicking your head in was when the came out before the game under the home side on the 50 yard line with the smoke and then their run threw sign faced us on the opposite side and Celina would run threw the sign at us and get to mid field before they ran to the end zone. I can remember us all thinking if we can just survive we won lol.

Ernest T Bass
04-28-2012, 03:46 PM
I know when I was in high school playing football from 96 to 2000 and I speak for all players going on our team going to play in Celina and Pilot Point was like a death sentence. We played them both back to back weeks every freakin year. Both Celina and Pilot Point were in the top 10 every year my gosh it was brutal. I think the worst part about playing Celina other than them kicking your head in was when the came out before the game under the home side on the 50 yard line with the smoke and then their run threw sign faced us on the opposite side and Celina would run threw the sign at us and get to mid field before they ran to the end zone. I can remember us all thinking if we can just survive we won lol.

Don't know where you played, but y'all sound like a bunch of little biatches.

orange machine
04-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Don't know where you played, but y'all sound like a bunch of little biatches.
I went to S&S and I wouldn't say we were what you said we were, but we new there was no way we would beat Celina or Pilot Point. As a matter of fact S&S has made the playoffs one time in school history in football and that was my junior year. I played linebacker and I remember Celina's fullback back then was a man among boys he was like 6'2 220, I remember one play very good he was lead blocking on a dive play and he hit me and another guy on my team at the same time and put us on our butts. He leaned over stuck both his hands out to help us up and just jerked us up off the ground and asked if we were ok. Physically we were ok, but mentally we were crushed we said yeah and he said good let's do it again.