PDA

View Full Version : Yu Darvish

coach
04-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Just pitched a gem tonight against the evil empire. 8.1 innings 0 runs 10ks and 2 bb

bigwood33
04-24-2012, 10:08 PM
He MAY have a future in this game :rolleyes:

Ville-D
04-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Just pitched a gem tonight against the evil empire. 8.1 innings 0 runs 10ks and 2 bb

He pitched a great game.

bobcat1
04-24-2012, 10:22 PM
That was a heck of a game he pitched.

Roughneck93
04-24-2012, 10:43 PM
He dominated the Yanks tonight.

ethsfbnut
04-24-2012, 10:50 PM
His best by far. Good win for Rangers after last nite.

regaleagle
04-25-2012, 12:06 AM
Nolan ain't no dummy.

defense51
04-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Why did it take the Rangers 40 years to finally assemble a pitching rotation like they have now?

GrTigers6
04-25-2012, 05:07 AM
Why did it take the Rangers 40 years to finally assemble a pitching rotation like they have now?Two Words
NOLAN RYAN, 'Enough said!!!!

Oh and Cj would have never had a game like that against the Yankees

Farmersfan
04-25-2012, 07:47 AM
And it was against one of the best offenses in baseball. Great game for Darvish.

I had a huge argument with a cousin of mine from California who was predicting the Angles would overtake the Rangers as the top team in the West after they signed CJ and Pujols. I told her it wasn't the Angles pitching that left them out in the cold last season but their hitting. They finished 200 runs behind the Rangers and Pujols wasn't going to improve them that much. Now with only 18 games gone the Angles are already 33 runs behind the Rangers. For some reason I now can't get a response out of her on Facebook..... :D It's a great time to be a Ranger fan!

ethsfbnut
04-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Yea, CJ would of melted with bases loaed, no outs. Yu showed a lot of big uns. And yall are correct on Nolan.

defense51
04-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Two Words
NOLAN RYAN, 'Enough said!!!!

Oh and Cj would have never had a game like that against the Yankees
I guess I knew the answer to that question before I asked it.
Who is this CJ you speak of???

Txbroadcaster
04-25-2012, 09:03 AM
It is not just Ryan..credit Daniels and the scouting and the new owners

waterboy
04-25-2012, 09:04 AM
I guess I knew the answer to that question before I asked it.
Who is this CJ you speak of???
Ain't he that feller from Californ i a that melted in the Texas heat every year, then decided to go back to Californ i a?

waterboy
04-25-2012, 09:05 AM
It is not just Ryan..credit Daniels and the scouting and the new owners
The best owner/manager tandem in baseball in my opinion.

Farmersfan
04-25-2012, 03:30 PM
The best owner/manager tandem in baseball in my opinion.

And you wonder why people snicker when you walk past them on the street....................... :crazy1:

Best Owner/GM tandem in baseball maybe.....

waterboy
04-25-2012, 03:37 PM
And you wonder why people snicker when you walk past them on the street....................... :crazy1:
Whatever you say there, whistlebritches......;) I guess by that reasoning everybody busts out laughing when you walk by.....:D

Best Owner/GM tandem in baseball maybe.....
I have no doubts. Just look at the results and prove me wrong.

Ville-D
04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Whatever you say there, whistlebritches......;) I guess by that reasoning everybody busts out laughing when you walk by.....:D

I have no doubts. Just look at the results and prove me wrong.

His point was that Daniels is the GM... not the manager. I believe y'all are on the same side. I tried to type this slowly so it would make sense to you.

Saggy Aggie
04-25-2012, 04:23 PM
And it was against one of the best offenses in baseball. Great game for Darvish.

I had a huge argument with a cousin of mine from California who was predicting the Angles would overtake the Rangers as the top team in the West after they signed CJ and Pujols. I told her it wasn't the Angles pitching that left them out in the cold last season but their hitting. They finished 200 runs behind the Rangers and Pujols wasn't going to improve them that much. Now with only 18 games gone the Angles are already 33 runs behind the Rangers. For some reason I now can't get a response out of her on Facebook..... :D It's a great time to be a Ranger fan! most of that is due to the fact that uphold has had a very slow start. If he was hitting like he always had, there's a good chance that the rangers wouldn't be ahead by much, if at all.

Wait til Albert warms up, the rangers will have their hands full

waterboy
04-25-2012, 04:31 PM
His point was that Daniels is the GM... not the manager. I believe y'all are on the same side. I tried to type this slowly so it would make sense to you.
Oops, my bad. I see it now, but he could've pointed that typo out. I left out the word "general", and believe me, I know who Jon Daniels is. Heck, RW is not bad either, lol.

Okay, Nolan Ryan/Jon Daniels/Ron Washington are the best owner/GM/manager tandem in the league. Now, I feel all warm and fuzzy.......:D

I typed this real slow, too, hoping maybe you could understand my mistake. I sometimes get in a hurry at work, not to mention get interrupted constantly.:thinking:

Farmersfan
04-26-2012, 08:40 AM
most of that is due to the fact that uphold has had a very slow start. If he was hitting like he always had, there's a good chance that the rangers wouldn't be ahead by much, if at all.

Wait til Albert warms up, the rangers will have their hands full

So is it your contention that Albert would be the difference in 38 runs scored and 9 wins? The best player in baseball at this point (Matt Kemp) has 23 RBI and he is ON FIRE. (As is the rest of Kemp's team). Albert can't drive in runs if someone isn't getting on base in front of him. The Angels are currently ranked #21 in MLB in batting compared to #17 for 2011. Not much of a change. But they are currently ranked #21 in pitching compared to #6 last year. The Rangers are +55 runs scored vs runs given up so far and the Angels are -10. As you can see although Pujol's struggles are costly they aren't the reason that team is 8.5 games out with less than 20 games played. The rest of the bats for the Angels are not very good either. The best batting average on that team is below 4 Ranger starters. And Albert has a batting average about even with Andrus and Cruz so I've gotta say those two guys are also struggling. Once they find their stroke the Angels will be even further behind the Rangers!

Farmersfan
04-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Oops, my bad. I see it now, but he could've pointed that typo out. I left out the word "general", and believe me, I know who Jon Daniels is. Heck, RW is not bad either, lol.

Okay, Nolan Ryan/Jon Daniels/Ron Washington are the best owner/GM/manager tandem in the league. Now, I feel all warm and fuzzy.......:D

I typed this real slow, too, hoping maybe you could understand my mistake. I sometimes get in a hurry at work, not to mention get interrupted constantly.:thinking:

My bad waterboy! I thought you meant to say Ryan/Washington combo was the best in baseball. I like Nolan Ryan and I think John Daniels does a pretty good job. I also like R. Washington but I don't think Wash is even close to being one of the best managers in baseball. I think Wash has very questionable decisions far too often to be considered one of the greatest. Winning does wonders and having a mondo-talented roster covers up a lot of Ron Washington's mistakes. Or maybe I'm a little racists and can't get past a Manager of the best team in baseball speaking in Ebonics on TV.......................... I can't stand Ozzie Guillen for no other reason than he is a man in charge of a billion dollar franchise who has lived in America most of his life (over 20 years) and yet can't even speak the language adequately. At least he has his immigrant background to fall back on! Ron Washington doesn't even have that................
In my opinion there is NO EXCUSE

regaleagle
04-26-2012, 09:03 AM
The Angels are lacking a quality bullpen, boys. They will eventually hit and start scoring lots of runs. I'm just happy to see Texas get out of the gate with such a fantastic lead. I also look for the A's with their youth to be very competitive. I think you will see an AL West this year that will do well against the other divisions. Detroit should also have a very good club and win the Central.

Ville-D
04-26-2012, 09:08 AM

T h a n k s.

waterboy
04-26-2012, 11:10 AM
T h a n k s.
Y o u ' r e w e l c o m e.:D

waterboy
04-26-2012, 11:14 AM
My bad waterboy! I thought you meant to say Ryan/Washington combo was the best in baseball. I like Nolan Ryan and I think John Daniels does a pretty good job. I also like R. Washington but I don't think Wash is even close to being one of the best managers in baseball. I think Wash has very questionable decisions far too often to be considered one of the greatest. Winning does wonders and having a mondo-talented roster covers up a lot of Ron Washington's mistakes. Or maybe I'm a little racists and can't get past a Manager of the best team in baseball speaking in Ebonics on TV.......................... I can't stand Ozzie Guillen for no other reason than he is a man in charge of a billion dollar franchise who has lived in America most of his life (over 20 years) and yet can't even speak the language adequately. At least he has his immigrant background to fall back on! Ron Washington doesn't even have that................
In my opinion there is NO EXCUSE
Actually, I meant to say GM (Jon Daniels), but I didn't realize my typo (left out "general"), or I wouldn't have included Wash into the mix. I don't agree with a lot of his decisions now, but you have to admit he's gotten better over the last half season or so. You can't argue the results, however, and the players love playing for him, so that has to account for something. I understand what you're saying anyway.

Farmersfan
04-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Actually, I meant to say GM (Jon Daniels), but I didn't realize my typo (left out "general"), or I wouldn't have included Wash into the mix. I don't agree with a lot of his decisions now, but you have to admit he's gotten better over the last half season or so. You can't argue the results, however, and the players love playing for him, so that has to account for something. I understand what you're saying anyway.

Yep! I love the results so I wouldn't rock the boat.

toddg
04-26-2012, 04:09 PM
T h a n k s.

how much is the rent on the space? an Alvarado Indian logo would look great there!!