21. Sinton- 16-8
22. China Spring- 17-8-1
23. Abilene Wylie- 16-4
24. Yoakum- 16-4
25. Lorena- 17-8

http://www.3abaseball.com/Home_Page.html

Farmersfan
04-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Lovejoy is 18-9 on the season and not 18-5. They also lost 2 out of 3 games against the team ranked 2 spots lower and finished ahead of them in district. Just FYI...................... :D

regaleagle
04-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Just looking at how the brackets shape up in Region 2, Argyle will have to play against 4 Top 15 teams just to win their Region. Most probably that would be: Lucas Lovejoy, then Prosper, the Pleasant Grove, and finally Carthage. Talk about a tough road...darn near impassible, if not impossible.

Horns13
04-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Lovejoy is 18-9 on the season and not 18-5. They also lost 2 out of 3 games against the team ranked 2 spots lower and finished ahead of them in district. Just FYI...................... :D

FF, it's all good...Looks like the posted rankings were directly from 3Abaseball site and typically would not take into the account last nights game, where the Farmers beat LJ.

11 3-A was a very tough district this year and I would expect all 3 teams to do very well. However, LJ has a tough one in early round with Argyle. Not sure what Argyle has for pitching depth (know they can pound the ball though) but Gammons from LJ will be tough on many teams (hitting as well) and they also have 3 solid arms in Hobgood, Michaels and Dillard right behind him. Their lineup is a tough one to get through with speed and power so I can't wait to see that series, provided LJ doesn't stumble vs. Ranchview. Then presumably if Prosper takes care of business, they get the winner of that series..WOW

I'm just glad the Farmers don't have to see Prosper or LJ for a while now...but there is hope that "maybe" the R2 final will have an all 11 3a flavor to it but that is too far off right now to even think about.

Region 2 as a whole will be a tough play with many talented teams...

Horns13
04-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Just looking at how the brackets shape up in Region 2, Argyle will have to play against 4 Top 15 teams just to win their Region. Most probably that would be: Lucas Lovejoy, then Prosper, the Pleasant Grove, and finally Carthage. Talk about a tough road...darn near impassible, if not impossible.

Yeah, it certainly will test the best of teams in Region 2. Can't wait to see how it all plays out, just wished I could clone myself to be at multiple games because there are many I want to see...

regaleagle
04-24-2012, 12:55 PM
In 16-3a, Carthage/Spring Hill will be playing this week to decide the spots. If Spring Hill beats Carthage, they will tie for the district title with one loss apiece(to each other). Then a playoff or coin toss with decide the berths. If Carthage wins, they go undefeated in district and win the outright title, and will be the #1 seed. This is an important showdown for the other contenders in Region 2. It will definitely affect how the matchups occur, and who may have to face whom early on, and then later on.

Horns13
04-24-2012, 01:06 PM
In 16-3a, Carthage/Spring Hill will be playing this week to decide the spots. If Spring Hill beats Carthage, they will tie for the district title with one loss apiece(to each other). Then a playoff or coin toss with decide the berths. If Carthage wins, they go undefeated in district and win the outright title, and will be the #1 seed. This is an important showdown for the other contenders in Region 2. It will definitely affect how the matchups occur, and who may have to face whom early on, and then later on.

Yes, it definitely will...Pleasant Grove / Paris still has to be decided as well, though it looks like PG should get the #1 seed..Paris' loss to Atlanta looming larger and larger now.

Farmersfan
04-24-2012, 08:32 PM
FF, it's all good...Looks like the posted rankings were directly from 3Abaseball site and typically would not take into the account last nights game, where the Farmers beat LJ.

11 3-A was a very tough district this year and I would expect all 3 teams to do very well. However, LJ has a tough one in early round with Argyle. Not sure what Argyle has for pitching depth (know they can pound the ball though) but Gammons from LJ will be tough on many teams (hitting as well) and they also have 3 solid arms in Hobgood, Michaels and Dillard right behind him. Their lineup is a tough one to get through with speed and power so I can't wait to see that series, provided LJ doesn't stumble vs. Ranchview. Then presumably if Prosper takes care of business, they get the winner of that series..WOW

I'm just glad the Farmers don't have to see Prosper or LJ for a while now...but there is hope that "maybe" the R2 final will have an all 11 3a flavor to it but that is too far off right now to even think about.

Region 2 as a whole will be a tough play with many talented teams...

Thanks for the info Horns! I have not seen any kind of playoff schedule for the Farmers. Do you have any info on their playoff road? Dates and locations?

Farmersfan
04-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Sorry Horns13.... I found the brackets...

Horns13
04-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Sorry Horns13.... I found the brackets...

FF, the Farmers will be playing FT. Worth Poly in the Bi-District round of the playoffs, starting the weekend of 5/5. Don't have exact times/dates or field locations as of yet.

Horns13
04-26-2012, 11:47 PM
FF, the Farmers will be playing FT. Worth Poly in the Bi-District round of the playoffs, starting the weekend of 5/5. Don't have exact times/dates or field locations as of yet.

Ok, so apparently this has changed now from what I'm being told and has really turned into a mess...

Reportedly Poly used some ineligible players therefore had to forfeit 4 games. Reportedly the 4th place team Wilmer Hutchins used 1 ineligible player, therefore they also had forfeits...so this means that Dallas Madison and Dallas Roosevelt have a play-in game to see who the #3 seed rep will be out of 12-3a...Stay tuned for more details as I get them.

cowboyandchrist
04-27-2012, 06:13 AM
Carthage gets beat 2 to 0 by Springhill, playoff game Saturday at Driller Park in Kilgore to determine first place between the two.

regaleagle
04-27-2012, 06:51 AM
Yep, it's a BIG game for Region 2 to determine the matchups and how everything will shake out, allright. I think there's like 9 playoff teams in Region 2 in the Top 20 in the state. This is gonna be a survival of the luckiest, I can guarantee you that. Upset city, and whoever keeps alive the longest and gets the best draws will win this Region. Anything can happen with this many good teams.

regaleagle
04-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Then there's another 4-5 teams not in the Top 25 that could also cause problems. Teams like Wills Point, Bonham, Celina, Ft. Worth Diamond Hill-Jarvis all had great seasons with very good records, but just aren't in the rankings. That doesn't mean they can't compete and win. They can!!!

Farmersfan
04-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Ok, so apparently this has changed now from what I'm being told and has really turned into a mess...

Reportedly Poly used some ineligible players therefore had to forfeit 4 games. Reportedly the 4th place team Wilmer Hutchins used 1 ineligible player, therefore they also had forfeits...so this means that Dallas Madison and Dallas Roosevelt have a play-in game to see who the #3 seed rep will be out of 12-3a...Stay tuned for more details as I get them.

What a mess! Imagine that, Dallas schools doing something illegal!!!! :1omg!:
It appears that Celina beat Bonham last night to take the District 10-3A title and will get a bye. If the Farmers can get past the 1st round then they will play a rested Celina club in the 2nd round. Keep us posted on gametimes and places please.

MGAR
04-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Carthage gets beat 2 to 0 by Springhill, playoff game Saturday at Driller Park in Kilgore to determine first place between the two.

They will play again Monday not Saturday.

regaleagle
04-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Actually, these playoff games are for the seeding, not the district titles. The district titles are shared among tied teams with the best records. Just thought I'd clear that up for all the readers. Carthage shares the District 16 title with Springhill, and so does Celina with Bonham. And any other district where ties for the top occur.

ctown81
04-27-2012, 10:06 AM

Wow, didn't even know that place was still standing. That place holds a lot of lure for Carthage baseball history.