PDA

View Full Version : Argyle's amazing year

regaleagle
04-22-2012, 01:55 PM
The boys side of the sports calendar has been record-setting.

regaleagle
04-22-2012, 02:06 PM
It's been a record-setting, trophycase-filling year for the Argyle Boys teams in all the sports this year. They have run the tables in all sports in District 9 as the champion. Here's a list of those sports: Cross Country, Football, Basketball, Track & Field, Tennis, Golf, Baseball. They did well in 4A soccer as a playoff team, and wrestling. Some of the sports they won the regional title, and some they have players or teams still competing for state titles. The Lady Eagles won some district and regional titles, too. And the Band and UIL categories also won State. I believe baseball is the last sport left for the year. I know the Boys golf team got 2nd at regionals the other day and will be attending the state tournament in Austin. I think Byron Nelson Trophy Club won our regional boys tournament. Look out for them to win it all in golf this week.

Send_the_House
04-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Cool story bro.

NastySlot
04-23-2012, 12:59 AM
I think Byron Nelson Trophy Club won our regional boys tournament. Look out for them to win it all in golf this week.

they re 4A

regaleagle
04-23-2012, 05:15 AM
Yep, you're right, and I was wondering the same thing myself. That was a different tournament Argyle competed in. In the regional, it was Prosper that won it, and Argyle got second. Those are the two teams from Region 2 coming to Austin. Thanks for making me do further research and getting that right.

NastySlot
04-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Yep, you're right, and I was wondering the same thing myself. That was a different tournament Argyle competed in. In the regional, it was Prosper that won it, and Argyle got second. Those are the two teams from Region 2 coming to Austin. Thanks for making me do further research and getting that right.

no problem......if i remember right Prosper is the defending state champ.

FB-fanatic
04-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Congrats to Argyle on a great year all around. Also proud of Lorena and Celina at 5th and 6th of Lonestar Cup with half the students of most on the list. Doing more with less.

slingshot
04-24-2012, 02:11 PM
The boys side of the sports calendar has been record-setting.Great year Argyle. Congrats... now do it for a decade.

bobcat1
04-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Congrats to Argyle on a great year all around. Also proud of Lorena and Celina at 5th and 6th of Lonestar Cup with half the students of most on the list. Doing more with less. Ditto!

buckeyebob
04-24-2012, 06:08 PM
How did y'all do in poultry judging?

bobcat1
04-24-2012, 06:38 PM
You're one funny guy!

regaleagle
04-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Don't y'all know we don't have chickens in Argyle??? We do have some beef, though. But we don't even have a livestock show. We have to go to Denton for that.

Gone Fishing
04-24-2012, 09:32 PM
How did y'all do in poultry judging?

Wimberley won it.

defense51
04-25-2012, 08:53 AM
Hey regal, how many multi-sport athletes are involved in Argyle's success? Do y'all have alot playing multiple sports or just an over abundance of kids excelling in one sport?

firstdown
04-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Hey regal, how many multi-sport athletes are involved in Argyle's success? Do y'all have alot playing multiple sports or just an over abundance of kids excelling in one sport?

Argyle has a bunch of good athletes and a few great ones. There are a few that go multi-sport mostly football to baseball. However the majority have picked their sport by the time they get to the varsity level and work hard on it year around.

That being said Argyle was strong the last few years, not so strong next year but the pipeline is not dry by no means. Remember we are relatively new to high school competition.

Congrats on the poultry thing Wimberley. You guys have a pretty good program yourselves.

regaleagle
04-26-2012, 08:45 AM
Mostly football to baseball to track. The basketballers stay with that, the golfers on the courses, the tennis players on the court. The cross country kids usually don't play any other sport, run the distance races in track, and then some of the other athletes join them in track season that don't play baseball. The wrestlers are also footballers. The soccer players is a mixture. We have about 650 kids and our town is right at 3500. Argyle Liberty Christian is down the street and gets some kids from here, but many come in from Denton, Flower Mound, and who knows where else.

buckeyebob
04-27-2012, 05:23 AM
Mostly football to baseball to track. The basketballers stay with that, the golfers on the courses, the tennis players on the court. The cross country kids usually don't play any other sport, run the distance races in track, and then some of the other athletes join them in track season that don't play baseball. The wrestlers are also footballers. The soccer players is a mixture. We have about 650 kids and our town is right at 3500. Argyle Liberty Christian is down the street and gets some kids from here, but many come in from Denton, Flower Mound, and who knows where else.

See...we are not the only ones that recruit...take note.

regaleagle
04-27-2012, 06:17 AM
What the heck are you talking about, peabrain. Not only do we not recruit, we split up our boys and girls with another school here in Argyle. I'd like to see some of the other 3a schools and towns try to do that and see how successful they are. Liberty Christian is a top Tapps school, and they get their students from around the area, not Argyle High School, dummy. Learn you rules before you spout off and point fingers.

regaleagle
04-27-2012, 06:24 AM
As I said before, we have a town here of only about 3500, with no land mass for expansion. We have 2 schools splitting up some of the students. Argyle High has about 650 kids, period. And will probably stay 3A for decades. Argyle Liberty Christian is a TAPPS school, and I don't exactly know what their enrollment is, but I do know that we lose some ARGYLE athletes to them. How many 3A towns the size of Argyle split their kids between 2 schools, huh? NONE!!! Only if the town has a much larger, MUCH larger population. So take you East Texas speed and burn it on the track, buddy. You are pointing you fingers in the wrong direction.

regaleagle
04-27-2012, 06:36 AM
And you should be happy with your town, buckeyebob. You guys have great facilities and a whole large East Texas town and tradition that Gilmer can be proud of. What's the matter, still hurting from not being able to beat a town like ours in two out of two attempts? Gilmer has waaaay more than Argyle does in just about every category, except maybe desire. I would say our kids WANT to win more, so they work harder to do it. That's the only explanation I can see, other than maybe...just maybe our coaches might be better????? That's a distinct possibility, too.

ccmom
04-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Lmao...sensitive much??

regaleagle
04-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Just don't want readers getting the wrong idea about Argyle from a poster that doesn't know the score, that's all. Call it protectionism if you want, but Argyle is not a school that has been around that long, so some people(probably most) don't know much about us, and I don't want false rumors spread.

regaleagle
04-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Seems to me the "sensitive" ones are the ones getting beat in all the different categories by our teams. We are not a big 3A, but tend to compete very well with anybody in 3A and against some 4A schools we play in some sports also. Some feathers are getting ruffled, but they don't belong to the Argyle Eagles.

Old&Crusty
04-27-2012, 12:36 PM
What's "tennis" and "golf"?

buckeyebob
04-28-2012, 05:15 AM
Seems to me the "sensitive" ones are the ones getting beat in all the different categories by our teams. We are not a big 3A, but tend to compete very well with anybody in 3A and against some 4A schools we play in some sports also. Some feathers are getting ruffled, but they don't belong to the Argyle Eagles.

Good grief...did I hit a nerve?...sorry

regaleagle
04-28-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm about the only regular poster on here representing Argyle, so somebody's got to do the dirty work, and I guess I'm elected, LOL. No problemo, buckeyebob. Whether it was your post, or someone else's, I'm elected. You don't expect me to read your post and not respond, do you??? Unless maybe I'm not checking in to the board for awhile for some reason. It's not a personal thing, it's more like duty called, ha ha.