PDA

View Full Version : Wildstangs and WTXCoach

Ranger Mom
04-06-2003, 10:15 AM
This war is starting to hit close to home!! Did either one of you know the men from your hometown who died over there??

I was at a track meet in Pecos yesterday and there were yellow ribbons on everything. I also found out that a Greenwood resident was cousin to Johnny Mata. Someone had a Midland paper there and I was reading about the Pecos and Sweetwater casualities, when I came across an article about a 19 year old soldier from Coahoma (where I went to school)-Chad Bales Metcalf. I went to school with his uncle.

I have a nephew whose unit is being sent to Iraq tomorrow.

God bless these families who have lost loved ones, and ALL the men and women who are over there right now!

<small>[ April 06, 2003, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

wildstangs
04-06-2003, 02:03 PM
I did not know the guy from Sweetwater. He was a 1989 graduate, I was only around 6 at that time. Very sad story, evidently he has quite a few friends around here still. Sounds like he was a very good man. God bless him and his family. And Thank you for fighting for our country.

Old Cardinal
04-06-2003, 08:12 PM
I had some good news, I heard from my son "Big Red 01", as many of you know him. We could talk, via phone, for only 45 seconds. He could not tell me where he was at, but said " he had seen some stuff". He is a Combat Engineer for the 82nd Airborne paratroopers-----during the 1991 Gulf War, he was a Marine. As a career man of 15 years, he ask us all to pray and support the troops, which I am sure you are doing!

Chris Hart
04-06-2003, 08:56 PM
I'm glad to hear your son is OK, Old Card. I am and will continue to pray for all all of our armed forces. I hate to hear about the casualties from Pecos and Sweetwater, but it is those that give the ultimate sacrifice that make it possible for us to live in a relatively peaceful land. God Bless those families and loved ones of those two great young men!