PDA

View Full Version : Fire on Royal Caribbean ship Alure

ExScoop
04-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Just saw on Cruise Critic website that there was a fire on the Royal Caribbean ship Allure that they had a fire on board while ship was sailing. Waiting to hear more information as more persons post

ExScoop
04-20-2012, 10:23 PM
between Philipsburg and Ft Lauderdale.

ExScoop
04-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas cruise ship experienced a small engine fire onboard at around 7:45 p.m. The fire was quickly put out, and no one was injured. The ship will continue its cruise and return to Port Everglades on Sunday, as scheduled.

Read more: http://www.wsvn.com/#ixzz1sdxyg5Kq

ExScoop
04-21-2012, 08:01 AM
A “short-lived” fire in an engine room was reported aboard the massive Allure of the Seas Friday night; no one was injured and the ship was able to continue sailing under its own power.

BY HANNAH SAMPSON
HSAMPSON@MIAMIHERALD.COM
The latest mishap to bedevil the cruise industry hit a giant Friday night: Royal Caribbean International’s Allure of the Seas, which shares the title of the world's largest cruise ship, reported a "small and short-lived engine fire," according to a spokeswoman.

The ship was sailing from St. Maarten to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale when an engine fire broke out at 7:45 p.m. Friday, said spokeswoman Cynthia Martinez.

“The ship's high fog system was immediately activated, which contained and extinguished the fire,” she wrote in an email.

No passengers or crew members were injured and the ship continued sailing to Port Everglades under its own power. It is scheduled to return Sunday.

defense51
04-25-2012, 09:34 AM
This is exactly the reason I don't go on cruises, if its not a U.S. aircraft carrier then I do not want to be on it in the middle of the ocean!

BwdLion73
04-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Cruises are becoming something that you want to send your mother in law on.

defense51
04-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Cruises are becoming something that you want to send your mother in law on.
Like an investment in the future...

ExScoop
04-26-2012, 02:23 PM
I feel more safe on a big boat than driving on the freeways

We've been on 7 cruiuses since 2004-6 on Royal Caribbean and one on Carnival.

If we ever get jobs again we will cruise to Alaska