PDA

View Full Version : Summer QB Camps

FB-fanatic
04-19-2012, 08:21 PM
So what's the word on good summer QB camps. We are big on Air It Out, but what about the others? The goal is good ole hard work, mechanics improvement, and footwork practice and lot's of reps. Have heard many of the camps on the larger college campuses are set up to get looks for the 4A and 5A QB's by college scouts, subsidized by the 2A and 3A guys.

FB-fanatic
04-20-2012, 04:56 PM
bump

bp80884
04-20-2012, 07:32 PM
bump

We have one out here in China Spring every August but you have to be a student.

I know a few families out here, I can put in a good word for you guys!

FB-fanatic
04-20-2012, 09:18 PM
I heard the first half day is Field Goal Blocking training... but there *are* some good folks out there. I looked ahead to the 2012-2013 soccer schedule. Our district lost both 4A teams, leaving us a full 3A district! Includes Salado though. Noticed, unfairly, you guys keep both 4A teams... se ya'll tomorrow.

bp80884
04-21-2012, 02:10 PM
I heard the first half day is Field Goal Blocking training... but there *are* some good folks out there. I looked ahead to the 2012-2013 soccer schedule. Our district lost both 4A teams, leaving us a full 3A district! Includes Salado though. Noticed, unfairly, you guys keep both 4A teams... se ya'll tomorrow.

You are killing me.

For the record, we don't worry about blocking field goals until district!

hookandladder
04-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Air it Out is a great camp however there are no scouts there or very few if any, pretty sure UIL rule because camp has many underclassmen. Go to mini camps at each college however still no scouts other then that school, Good Luck.

cr180t
04-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Mini camps 1 day are the best. Can not beat air it out though

regaleagle
04-21-2012, 09:20 PM
I hope our new qb stepping in at Argyle Ian Sadler can attend that camp. He is just an amazing athlete, has qb'd before at the lower levels, and then moved up to a recieiver/rb position last year as a Soph. with Aune at the helm. Hands down, the best athlete EVER at Argyle in our school's 11 yr. history. And we've had some good ones come thru here.

FB-fanatic
04-21-2012, 09:44 PM
I had a buddy at Comanche who had two boys who were small, yet major overacheivers at QB and set local passing records. I phoned and asked what his secret was. He was very big on Air It Out. His boys had been going there for years. I really liked the camp; been two years in a row. Lots of reps and good Christian leadership out of Coach Waritas. Was hoping to find one more good camp this summer.

Gone Fishing
04-21-2012, 09:57 PM
I hope our new qb stepping in at Argyle Ian Sadler can attend that camp. He is just an amazing athlete, has qb'd before at the lower levels, and then moved up to a recieiver/rb position last year as a Soph. with Aune at the helm. Hands down, the best athlete EVER at Argyle in our school's 11 yr. history. And we've had some good ones come thru here.

Wow thats a big statment. I can't wait to follow his stats this year and wish him the best of luck. With his size wouldn't he be better staying at receiver if he's that good. I mean for college chances.

Aesculus gilmus
04-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Wow thats a big statment. I can't wait to follow his stats this year and wish him the best of luck. With his size wouldn't he be better staying at receiver if he's that good. I mean for college chances.

Manuel Johnson quarterbacked Gilmer to the state title in 2004, but everyone knew he was destined to be a WR again when he got to Oklahoma. One thing is for sure, IMO. The Buckeyes wouldn't have won state that year had he been adamant about staying at WR.

Gone Fishing
04-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Manuel Johnson quarterbacked Gilmer to the state title in 2004, but everyone knew he was destined to be a WR again when he got to Oklahoma. One thing is for sure, IMO. The Buckeyes wouldn't have won state that year had he been adamant about staying at WR.

Yeah I understand that happens a lot. QB's are receivers at the next levels many times. Happens from college to pros too.