PDA

View Full Version : Most Dominant Player in 3A for 2012

Saggy Aggie
04-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Whos it gonna be?

I think it's safe to say Sadler from Devine was it in 2011, and if not, he was very close to the top.

sTxforlife
04-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Seals Jones of Sealy definitely has the potential to be the most dominant

Ville-D
04-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Whos it gonna be?

By position?

Overall?

MGAR
04-19-2012, 01:30 PM
The new guy at Carthage should dominant.

Saggy Aggie
04-19-2012, 01:31 PM
By position?

Overall? doesn't matter. I just wanna hear some names. People that score almost at will. Lineman that can't be blocked. Qbs who can't be stopped, etc

Farmersfan
04-19-2012, 01:46 PM
I wonder if any homers will show up for this thread? :evilgrin:

Bullaholic
04-19-2012, 01:49 PM
I wonder if any homers will show up for this thread? :evilgrin:

Who else would have the good info????? Homers are good things, as long as they are not blind....

Tejastrue
04-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Seals Jones of Sealy definitely has the potential to be the most dominant

:iagree:

JacketSwarm
04-19-2012, 02:14 PM
we don't really have one dominating player. but the team is unstoppable.

fire away :tongue:

Bullaholic
04-19-2012, 02:23 PM
we don't really have one dominating player. but the team is unstoppable.

fire away :tongue:

And so is everybody else---right now....:D

RSJ
No question. We played against him in Basketball when he was on Texas Pro and he was a stud.
He is good in Basketball he will be great in Football.

Matthew328
04-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Ricky Seals-Jones, WR Sealy
Isiah Golden, DT Carthage
Brett Wade, LB Kennedale
Dac Shaw, RB/LB Mineola
Jake Raulerson, OL/DL Celina
Travon Blanchard, LB West Orange-Stark
Cole Hunt, TE El Campo
Trey Washington, DB Gilmer
Corion Webster, RB Atlanta
Joseph Glenn, RB Giddings

Saggy Aggie
04-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Brett Wade, LB Kennedale
Dac Shaw, RB/LB Mineola
Cole Hunt, TE El Campo
Joseph Glenn, RB Giddings who's gonna be the best QB in 3a this year Matt?

Matthew328
04-19-2012, 03:29 PM
3 guys to keep an eye on

Kardarius Baker, Navasota
Tyler Jones, Stephenville
Colby Mahon, Bridgeport

Also Princeton has Jakari Dillard, he's a just a junior but is a STUD...he may play QB next year also

orange machine
04-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Jake Raulerson Celina O and D linemen dude is a beast one of the best players I've ever seen.

Sville
04-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Whos it gonna be?

I think it's safe to say Sadler from Devine was it in 2011, and if not, he was very close to the top.

Every starter on Sville!

jason
04-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Every starter on Sville!

maybe not EVERY starter...

bryce gunter may turn some heads if tyler can manage to have a good season...

Emerson1
04-19-2012, 04:12 PM
maybe not EVERY starter...

bryce gunter may turn some heads if tyler can manage to have a good season...
That is who I was going to say.

Sville
04-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Seriously though Jones and Gunter for Sville are going to be a deadly combo. I'll also be interested to see if Preston Brown can carry over the good camps he has been having to the football season.

3 guys to keep an eye on

Colby Mahon, Bridgeport

Also Princeton has Jakari Dillard, he's a just a junior but is a STUD...he may play QB next year also

Tyler Jones, Stephenville QB can deliver the ball on target he has good size and decent speed. #88 Gunter makes a deadly combo.

waterboy
04-19-2012, 04:33 PM
I'll have to add a name that will be well known by the end of the season, Josh Walker (Gilmer), LB/RB, 6' 215lbs, 4.6 FAT 40 and he is extremely strong with attitude.

There will be several others to keep your eye on that will be freshmen and sophomores playing on the varsity team, too. The Boyd brothers, Kris (soph.) and DeMarco (fresh.) will make names for themselves this upcoming season. Both run a sub 4.5 in the 40. There are a lot of skill positions up for grabs this year, and if they gel early, look out. It could be another deep playoff run for the Buckeyes.

Ville-D
04-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Seriously though Jones and Gunter for Sville are going to be a deadly combo. I'll also be interested to see if Preston Brown can carry over the good camps he has been having to the football season.

Gunter Stats:
http://goo.gl/XB3s9

Jones Stats:
http://goo.gl/Nhds4

cowboyandchrist
04-19-2012, 06:53 PM
3 guys to keep an eye on

Colby Mahon, Bridgeport

You can add Jr. QB from Carthage to the list. Bigger, stronger, faster, and several QB camps this summer.

ogg
04-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Whos it gonna be?

Seals-Jones

Gone Fishing
04-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Seals-Jones - Best player in the state 3A and probably could be the best at player at , well lets say, 4 or 5 positions!

Wimberley will have a few at the top of the charts too
Reed Jones QB
Colby Kelly DE/RB
Connor Kothman DE/TE
Alden Mann LB

Tejastrue
04-19-2012, 10:14 PM
What do you Wimberley folks think of #55 Jackson King?

MGAR
04-19-2012, 10:34 PM
You can add Jr. QB from Carthage to the list. Bigger, stronger, faster, and several QB camps this summer.

You a fortune teller or something?

MGAR
04-19-2012, 10:35 PM
He will have a good season though.

toddg
04-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Seals-Jones - Best player in the state 3A and probably could be the best at player at , well lets say, 4 or 5 positions!

Reed Jones QB
Colby Kelly DE/RB
Connor Kothman DE/TE
Alden Mann LB

smart player..and he can really bring the wood!!

regaleagle
04-19-2012, 11:59 PM
What about some player out of LaMarque we are not aware of, or Kilgore? Does anyone have the lowdown on their player personnel from last year?

MGAR
04-20-2012, 08:52 AM
What about some player out of LaMarque we are not aware of, or Kilgore? Does anyone have the lowdown on their player personnel from last year?

Don't think Kilgore has a "dominant" player but will have a pretty solid LBer group with AJ Davis and Jake Brantley leading the way.

defense51
04-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Brett Wade, LB Kennedale
Dac Shaw, RB/LB Mineola
Cole Hunt, TE El Campo
Joseph Glenn, RB Giddings

Brett Wade (Kennedale) is definitely one to watch, he has all the tools to be dominant I could be wrong but I believe he's headed to TCU.

regaleagle
04-20-2012, 09:45 AM
I think everybody can keep their eye on that Webster kid from Atlanta, also. From what I gather, he is an astounding rb and has all the tools to be a force for Atlanta this upcoming season. I don't know what they lost this past year, but I think this kid is a difference-maker.

orange machine
04-20-2012, 09:48 AM
I think everybody can keep their eye on that Webster kid from Atlanta, also. From what I gather, he is an astounding rb and has all the tools to be a force for Atlanta this upcoming season. I don't know what they lost this past year, but I think this kid is a difference-maker.
Hey regal where has Scotlandthebrave been?

MGAR
04-20-2012, 09:49 AM

I remember watching him a few years back play as a true freshman.. He is for sure a game changer.

waterboy
04-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Yes, he will be a definite force to be reckoned with, but I will also say that they have another kid on that Atlanta team that could be even better. His name is Everett Dickerson. He is just as fast, more elusive, and has bulked up quite a bit since his junior year.

regaleagle
04-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Orange, I don't know where Scotty is right now. He may be tending the Argyle Vineyards right now, pruning the vines for another stellar season of harvest for that special vintage of Argyle fine wines he loves so much, lol. Of course, to enjoy the bubbly Argyle will need to have more excellent finishes this upcoming season, or the vintages will be shelved for another year, gaining the perfect aroma and flavor thru correct aging for that particular vintage. This year, Scotty has really enjoyed the "fruits" of his labor as Argyle has turned him into a literal wine conneusier of fine vintages for celebrating our wins, ha ha.

regaleagle
04-20-2012, 10:39 AM
I don't think Scotty will be popping any bottles tonite, though. Argyle plays Sanger to decide the district title in baseball. Argyle lost Tues. 3-2 to a Pilot Point team that won't make the playoffs. It was Argyle's first loss since losing to Prosper 4-3 early in the season. We had reeled off 11 straight wins, and had just beat a very good Dallas Hillcrest 4A team 5-3 the previous Saturday that is undefeated in their district and will win their district in 4A. So now Argyle will have to beat Sanger, who also has only one loss in district(to us earlier) tonite to decide the championship and the pairings going forward in the playoffs. Argyle is now (8-1, 19-5). Maybe the loss to Pilot Point will put everything in perspective for the boys going forward.

Ville-D
04-20-2012, 11:05 AM
I remember watching him a few years back play as a true freshman.. He is for sure a game changer.

Aren't all HS freshmen "true freshmen"?

defense51
04-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Aren't all HS freshmen "true freshmen"?Hmmmmm? They should be, maybe some east Texas teams redshirt their freshman players. That would explain alot!

MGAR
04-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Aren't all HS freshmen "true freshmen"?

Well yea, guess you never heard to term "true freshman" in Stephenville.

waterboy
04-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Hmmmmm? They should be, maybe some east Texas teams redshirt their freshman players. That would explain alot!
Yep........and we recruit athletes as much as possible. If they are a freshman and don't get to play on the varsity we have to hold them back a year......

defense51
04-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Just having a little fun Waterboy! But I knew something was giving east Texas an advantage...

Ville-D
04-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Just having a little fun Waterboy! But I knew something was giving east Texas an advantage...

I think you hit a nerve.

Sportshack
04-20-2012, 12:27 PM

Reed Jones QB
Colby Kelly DE/RB
Connor Kothman DE/TE
Alden Mann LB

Alden Mann is legit. He could have easily been the defensive MVP of the State Championship game if not for Blakemore's acrobatic interception to seal the victory. He probably had 20 tackles. I do not really know but it was a lot.

Kolby Kelley is a very talented player on both sides of ball. He is a college prospect at RB/FB. Cameron Morris from Wimberley will also have a chance to shine at RB. He is very talented but played in a loaded backfield last year so did not get as many reps.

waterboy
04-20-2012, 12:40 PM
I know.....and, YES, that's how we get our advantage....:D

Gone Fishing
04-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Made all district as a soph DL, I think he is good. Good size.

Gone Fishing
04-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Alden Mann is legit. He could have easily been the defensive MVP of the State Championship game if not for Blakemore's acrobatic interception to seal the victory. He probably had 20 tackles. I do not really know but it was a lot.

Kolby Kelley is a very talented player on both sides of ball. He is a college prospect at RB/FB. Cameron Morris from Wimberley will also have a chance to shine at RB. He is very talented but played in a loaded backfield last year so did not get as many reps.

Yup. the MVP's could have easily gone to two different players.

ogg
04-21-2012, 12:34 AM

Yes, along with Terreo, can knock'em Naked.

cowboyandchrist
04-21-2012, 06:34 AM
Trent Jackson D1 linebacker 6"2 222 lbs from Carthage, also plays fullback. I look for him to have huge year on both sides of the ball. Has letters from big 12 and sec schools.

Old Tiger
04-21-2012, 09:13 AM
who's gonna be the best QB in 3a this year Matt?navasota qb

navscanmaster
04-21-2012, 10:51 PM
navasota qb

Potential is there: he has all his skill position talent back. McGinty will be at Brandal Jackson level if he lives up to his potential and builds on last year. I think he is a lot like Robbie Rhodes at FW Southwest, 2012.

yellaseeker
04-22-2012, 03:04 PM
I got a question for you Sealy folks. I'm trying to remember the name of the kid that was a RB for sealy when our seventh grade boys played them I believe in 2007. Sealy handed us our only defeat that season with a very tight game right down to the last tick of the clock. He would be a junior now. That kid single handedly ran all over us. We simply could not stop him for the most part and we had speed galore. I told lots of people he reminded me of a miniature Erik Dickerson. Unfortunately, we lost sealy out of our district after that year and never got a chance to even the score. Anybody know who i'm talking about and how he's doing these days in football. Surely he's still playing.

Tejastrue
04-22-2012, 04:30 PM

Made all district as a soph DL, I think he is good. Good size.

Yes, along with Terreo, can knock'em Naked.

So y'all think he'll be at LB? Maxpreps has him at 6' 190. Only a soph..good chance he'll fill out a little more. I first saw him play a good bit in the Giddings scrimmage last year. Liked him ever since. Knock'em naked..great description ogg.

icu812
04-22-2012, 05:23 PM
I agree on Webster from Atl he's sure fun to watch. He can fly. Also will be interested to see how much Gilmer's freshman RB has improved.

Smallwood from Van should put up huge #'s again this year. Nobody really shut down Van's O last year and I believe if anything the offense should be improved this year. Lost a couple guards but they will be replaced and lost their #1 receiver but they have lots of options at receiver. RB position will be better as they started a freshman last year. More difficult schedule this year but Smallwood had huge games again the best teams they played (Lindale & Gilmer). I would say Smallwood has a chance to a dominant QB this year.

regaleagle
04-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Yes, as a Sr. qb this year, Smallwood will most probably have a great season. He put up incredible numbers last year as a junior, so no doubt he will be one of the best in the state at his position this upcoming season. Looks like Van may be positioned for a deep run in the playoffs out of Region 2. Will they be D1 or D2 in their district?

I got a question for you Sealy folks. I'm trying to remember the name of the kid that was a RB for sealy when our seventh grade boys played them I believe in 2007. Sealy handed us our only defeat that season with a very tight game right down to the last tick of the clock. He would be a junior now. That kid single handedly ran all over us. We simply could not stop him for the most part and we had speed galore. I told lots of people he reminded me of a miniature Erik Dickerson. Unfortunately, we lost sealy out of our district after that year and never got a chance to even the score. Anybody know who i'm talking about and how he's doing these days in football. Surely he's still playing.

He is Erick Dickersons nephew or cousin Ricky Seal Jones. If its who I think your talking about.

yellaseeker
04-22-2012, 09:52 PM
He is Erick Dickersons nephew or cousin Ricky Seal Jones. If its who I think your talking about.

May be ricky seal-jones, but i really dont see this kid being a wide receiver. Looked to be too valuable as a back. Maybe some sealy folks will remember who i'm talking about when he was in JH. I thought back then, that kid is gonna be something special in years to come.

May be ricky seal-jones, but i really dont see this kid being a wide receiver. Looked to be too valuable as a back. Maybe some sealy folks will remember who i'm talking about when he was in JH. I thought back then, that kid is gonna be something special in years to come.

I know him from last year in basketball and he could play any postion. I think he has played multiple postions in the past. He told me between games one day he played some QB and other positions when he was younger. And that he liked basketball better than football but was obviously better at football.

Old Tiger
04-22-2012, 10:51 PM
One of the top linebackers for the 2014 class is James David out of rockdale. He was first team all district as a freshman and soph

One of the top linemen for 2014 class is josh pelzel out of rockdale as well.

exbull
04-23-2012, 12:24 PM
3 guys to keep an eye on

Colby Mahon, Bridgeport

You can take Colby Mahon off of this list. His father was transfered and he moved out of the district. The worst news is he took his little brother who was the backup QB with him.

regaleagle
04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
So did they vanish from the 3a landscape, or from Texas alltogether, or what?

exbull
04-23-2012, 01:34 PM
So did they vanish from the 3a landscape, or from Texas alltogether, or what?

Just from 3A.

sTxforlife
04-23-2012, 02:44 PM

That would be Jowan Davis if you're talking about the running back, arguably one of the best backs in the state. Has unbelievable power and quickness and decieving speed. Being looked at by Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and several other big schools.

Gone Fishing
04-23-2012, 02:54 PM
So y'all think he'll be at LB? Maxpreps has him at 6' 190. Only a soph..good chance he'll fill out a little more. I first saw him play a good bit in the Giddings scrimmage last year. Liked him ever since. Knock'em naked..great description ogg.

No LB he plays DL and OL. I think he is more like 210 or 220 if your talking about King.

icu812
04-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Yes, as a Sr. qb this year, Smallwood will most probably have a great season. He put up incredible numbers last year as a junior, so no doubt he will be one of the best in the state at his position this upcoming season. Looks like Van may be positioned for a deep run in the playoffs out of Region 2. Will they be D1 or D2 in their district?

D2, Athens, Brownsboro and Mabank are all larger. Only way Van goes D1 is if the playoff teams are Van, Canton and Mineola. IMO, that isnt going to happen.

Tejastrue
04-23-2012, 03:14 PM
No LB he plays DL and OL. I think he is more like 210 or 220 if your talking about King.

Yeah..that's who I'm talking about. Called his number a few times in the SC game if I recall. One of those younger guys you were refering to about getting big time experience. Jackson King...great name for a linebacker though...or maybe a baptist minister. Lol..

BullBoy
04-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Accidental Re-post, sorry guys.:crazy1:

Gone Fishing
04-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Yeah..that's who I'm talking about. Called his number a few times in the SC game if I recall. One of those younger guys you were refering to about getting big time experience. Jackson King...great name for a linebacker though...or maybe a baptist minister. Lol..

Yes he had a very good SC game as a soph !! Filled a hugh gap when a few other guys were not getting it done ( a few games earlier). He will be a major factor next year, either side of the ball.

yellaseeker
04-23-2012, 11:25 PM
That would be Jowan Davis if you're talking about the running back, arguably one of the best backs in the state. Has unbelievable power and quickness and decieving speed. Being looked at by Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and several other big schools.

Don't doubt it a bit that he's being looked at. I couldn't get over how well that 13yr old kid ran the ball. That kid ran past or ran over the same group of athletes that helped last years team get to the state semi's last season and, we had one of the best defenses in the state last year. Never knew his name but often wondered since, if my prediction of him going somewhere was right. What's his height and weight now and is he still carrying the pigskin for you guys?

tigerball4life
04-24-2012, 11:10 AM

I believe you are talking about Jawon Davis, the best way to describe Jawon is a younger Maurice Jones-Drew of the Jacksonville Jaguars and I am not kidding, During Jr. High Seals-Jones & Davis were compared to former Sealy backfield stud combos like Joiner & Johnson, Dabney & Schavrda and Smith & Tate. The blood lines are certainly there Seals –Jones is Eric Dickerson’s Nephew and Davis is Joiners Nephew. In Jr. High it was almost comical to see an opponent break free on an apparent long TD runs only to be caught from behind by either of those guys. Both are outstanding young men on and off the field and in the class room!

ahs_indian_fan
04-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Not sure how 'dominant' he'll be, but Alvarado's quarterback Kenny West has a 26-3 record in two years as a starting quarterback. His last two losses were by a combined 8 points in the state semifinals and state final the last two years. He doesn't put up madden-like stats, but the kid wins.

sTxforlife
04-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Don't doubt it a bit that he's being looked at. I couldn't get over how well that 13yr old kid ran the ball. That kid ran past or ran over the same group of athletes that helped last years team get to the state semi's last season and, we had one of the best defenses in the state last year. Never knew his name but often wondered since, if my prediction of him going somewhere was right. What's his height and weight now and is he still carrying the pigskin for you guys?

I would say he's around 5'6 or 5'7 and probably around 190 or so and yeah he'll be a senior this year.

yellaseeker
04-24-2012, 09:48 PM
I would say he's around 5'6 or 5'7 and probably around 190 or so and yeah he'll be a senior this year.

Thanks for the info. Hope to see him reach his goals and would be great to see a guy playing pro that i watched when they were just a kid.