PDA

View Full Version : Surgery in the morning

orange machine
04-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Has anybody had to have a Kidney Stone removed from your ureter the tube that goes from the kidney to the bladder? I have surgery in the morning to remove a 4 millimeter stone from my ureter. They said they would have to go through my man part in my bladder to my ureter and laser it.

ronwx5x
04-18-2012, 08:25 PM
No, but you're too young for this! Good luck.

orange machine
04-18-2012, 08:43 PM
No, but you're too young for this! Good luck.
To young I don't know about that, but I'm not looking forward to it.

44INAROW
04-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Has anybody had to have a Kidney Stone removed from your ureter the tube that goes from the kidney to the bladder? I have surgery in the morning to remove a 4 millimeter stone from my ureter. They said they would have to go through my man part in my bladder to my ureter and laser it.
I pray the anethesiologist gets a good night's sleep and is on top of his game - probably not a surgery you'd wanna wake up in the middle of.... seriously - hope everything comes out OK.. (pun intended) :)

bwdlionfan
04-18-2012, 09:27 PM

Our cat had to have this procedure done a couple of weeks ago... he started acting really crazy and the wife was texting me at work wanting to take him to the vet. I told her to wait until I got home so I could see what he was doing (I don't like just dishing out money to vets or doctors unless it's really needed).... she then sent me an audio file of the noises he was making (from pain) and how he wouldn't let her get near him. I ran home for a bit (I live about 3 minutes from my work) and got him and we took him in, his bladder was swollen to the size of a baseball (I read somewhere the normal size for a cat's bladder is the size of a peach seed). He couldn't pee because he had a complete blockage.

defense51
04-18-2012, 10:48 PM
I have had the eswl (lithotrypsy), it was painless. I also had a stent inserted from kidney to my bladder, also painless during insertion but I was under anesthesia. The removal of the stent was a different story, I'm almost positive it was attached to my brain stem, and the tube they inserted was as big in diameter as a telephone pole. All that being said it was much less painful than dealing with the kidney stone itself. Good luck and drink plenty of water from this point forward.

orange machine
04-19-2012, 12:11 AM
I have had the eswl (lithotrypsy), it was painless. I also had a stent inserted from kidney to my bladder, also painless during insertion but I was under anesthesia. The removal of the stent was a different story, I'm almost positive it was attached to my brain stem, and the tube they inserted was as big in diameter as a telephone pole. All that being said it was much less painful than dealing with the kidney stone itself. Good luck and drink plenty of water from this point forward.
The strange thing about this entire thing is the intense pain that everybody talks about I never got, my doctor pretty much thinks I'm a freak of nature since. He told me today he doesn't see how I have a 4mm stone pass from my kidney all the way down to my bladder with no serious pain. The only pain I've really had is a throbbing pain in my member and blood in urine.

Tx Challenge
04-19-2012, 12:33 AM
Best of luck OM that all goes well! Keep us posted

Looking4number8
04-19-2012, 06:54 AM
Good luck to you my brother

toddg
04-19-2012, 07:17 AM

i had those same thoughts with my stent removal!! that process is EVIL!

orange machine
04-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Well I'm here in the hospital waiting nervous as a tick. By the way this hospital is the nicest I've ever seen Baylor Hospital in Frisco.

toddg
04-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Well I'm here in the hospital waiting nervous as a tick. By the way this hospital is the nicest I've ever seen Baylor Hospital in Frisco.

you'll do fine OM, when you wake up...it will be the most "i need to go pee" feeling you will ever have! tell them you want the meds that make your pee blue, not the stuff that make it orange/rust colored..you can thank me later!

OldNavy
04-19-2012, 09:10 AM
you'll do fine OM, when you wake up...it will be the most "i need to go pee" feeling you will ever have! tell them you want the meds that make your pee blue, not the stuff that make it orange/rust colored..you can thank me later!

I think he pees orange naturally! Best wishes OM.;)

orange machine
04-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys it over the doc said it was bigger than they thought it was 5 to 6 mm and mean looking he said there was no way I was gonna pass it. The pain now is very intense, but the doc said it should get better obviously. Thanks for yalls support and I pray none of y'all get this cause it sucks something awful.

YTBulldogs
04-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks guys it over the doc said it was bigger than they thought it was 5 to 6 mm and mean looking he said there was no way I was gonna pass it. The pain now is very intense, but the doc said it should get better obviously. Thanks for yalls support and I pray none of y'all get this cause it sucks something awful.

Yes, I've had it done twice. The first pee afterwards is a killer, so be warned. Also, don't be a hero and asked for the pain meds several times during the laser procedure. Guess you'll have a stint following for a week or so. I was able to removed my own stint, per doctors ok. Saved me a couple $$$$ I'm sure.

Best of luck. Relief is about to come to you.

YTB

bobcat1
04-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys it over the doc said it was bigger than they thought it was 5 to 6 mm and mean looking he said there was no way I was gonna pass it. The pain now is very intense, but the doc said it should get better obviously. Thanks for yalls support and I pray none of y'all get this cause it sucks something awful.Good luck little buddy. If it hurts just grit those teeth. Don't rub it!http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1797/stopz.gif

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6794/smileylaughing024.gif

orange machine
04-20-2012, 06:57 PM
I tell you what this sucks. This stint they stuck in me is about to kill me it's worse than the stone. I have not stopped bleeding in my urine and when I go it feels like I'm urinating razor blades I'm about to go crazy not to mention I can't sleep because the pain and I have to go to the bathroom about every 30 minutes. Oh yeah I have what looks like fishing line hanging out of me so they can pull the stint out Monday, but I'm thinking of pulling it out myself, this is just stupid and insane.

defense51
04-20-2012, 07:44 PM
I had my stent for a month but it didn't have the external part. I constantly felt like I just slammed a route 44 drink from sonic but only had about an ounce of urine. If your dr. didn't give you a prescription for pyridium, you should call him/her and get them to call in a prescription for you. It doesn't stop the burning and pain completely, but it definitely helps. Another benefit for you is that it will turn your urine bright orange, being from Celina that should cheer you up a little.

orange machine
04-20-2012, 08:02 PM
There is enough blood in my urine as it is it's redish orange now. I won't let them put a stint in next time this is just awful. It wouldn't be bad if it didn't burn so bad when I urinate. I literally have to take a deep breath and hold on to the toilet it's that bad. I've been pepper sprayed and tazed this is way worse!!

defense51
04-20-2012, 08:12 PM
The pyridium will help it has an anesthetic effect. I think they make an otc version but its not as strong as the prescription strength. I feel for you seriously. Most urologist have never experienced this or they would load you up with plenty of painkillers to get you through the weekend.

There is enough blood in my urine as it is it's redish orange now. I won't let them put a stint in next time this is just awful. It wouldn't be bad if it didn't burn so bad when I urinate. I literally have to take a deep breath and hold on to the toilet it's that bad. I've been pepper sprayed and tazed this is way worse!!

Almost as bad as the beating Alvarado is going to take when they play Stephenville.:tongue: All kidding aside hope you get better soon:)

defense51
04-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Almost as bad as the beating Alvarado is going to take when they play Stephenville.:tongue: All kidding aside hope you get better soon:)
Probably like being beat with a wet pair of pantyhose, which I'm sure is standard uniform issue for Stephenville players...

Probably like being beat with a wet pair of pantyhose, which I'm sure is standard uniform issue for Stephenville players...

Dont say WET. Orange Machine is going to piss on himself and make a mess.

defense51
04-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Dont say WET. Orange Machine is going to piss on himself and make a mess.
I had to laugh like hell at that, but I'm going on record as saying that was wrong. This brings to mind the country song Laughing, Pissing, and Crying.

zebrablue2
04-20-2012, 09:34 PM

Man I feel for you! Hope things are better on Saturday.

bobcat1
04-20-2012, 09:55 PM
I had to laugh like hell at that, but I'm going on record as saying that was wrong. This brings to mind the country song Laughing, Pissing, and Crying.Lol. What about that song that says. I got this burning sensation when I pee by Rodney Carrington

orange machine
04-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Y'all don't make me laugh it hurts to bad.

Tejastrue
04-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Lol. What about that song that says. I got this burning sensation when I pee by Rodney Carrington

or this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL_DxT2UOyo&feature=player_embedded

regaleagle
04-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Hang in there, Orange. You'll be good as new soon. Try to think about something pleasant...like winning Celina winning state again this upcoming season in D2.