PDA

View Full Version : Mike Napoli

orange machine
04-18-2012, 07:18 PM
For those who don't think Napoli is worthy of a big contract he just hit his 4th homerun of the year.

bigwood33
04-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Buddy, you know that I'm with you most of the time but you can't "micro manage" this thing. No one earns or loses money based on the 1st thirteen games of the year. Call me when we get close to the end.

orange machine
04-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Buddy, you know that I'm with you most of the time but you can't "micro manage" this thing. No one earns or loses money based on the 1st thirteen games of the year. Call me when we get close to the end.
Lol I'm just playing Devils advocate although I think if Napoli puts up big numbers they have to consider signing him.

eagles_victory
04-18-2012, 08:12 PM
According to MLB Network Player Countdown (for what it's worth they rated Napoli as the best catcher in the league before this season) Now I wouldn't go that far but he is definite Top 5. A guy who is in the top 5 at his position in the league is definitely nothing to sneeze at. I don't see any reason why if he has a big year this year that you wouldn't resign him if it is within reason.

Roughneck93
04-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Wow...Nap is on fire right now.

orange machine
04-18-2012, 08:41 PM
That's my boy.

Saggy Aggie
04-18-2012, 08:43 PM
I think Brian McCann is the best hitting catcher in the game

Tejastrue
04-18-2012, 08:54 PM
I think Brian McCann is the best hitting catcher in the game

Has to be Joe Mauer but this night is about Nap-o-li... :D

Saggy Aggie
04-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Damn, forgot about Mauer, but McCann is not too far behind imo

orange machine
04-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Damn, forgot about Mauer, but McCann is not too far behind imo
Napoli just hit his 6th homer of the year, I know it's early and a long season, but he is proven some of you people wrong. If I'm Nolan I'm signing him before the All Star break same with Hamiton.

carter08
04-21-2012, 05:22 PM
sweet

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Napoli just hit his 6th homer of the year, I know it's early and a long season, but he is proven some of you people wrong. If I'm Nolan I'm signing him before the All Star break same with Hamiton.

No one said he is bad...it is about much will they be willing to spend

bigwood33
04-21-2012, 06:35 PM
He is on FIRE and I am certainly glad he's on the Rangers...at least for this year.

orange machine
04-21-2012, 09:19 PM
He is on FIRE and I am certainly glad he's on the Rangers...at least for this year.
Haha I love you brother lol.

regaleagle
04-21-2012, 09:29 PM
How ya doin there, Orange? Feeling better today I hope. Nap fits right in with the rest of the boyz on this powerhouse line-up. With all the hitting teams the Rangers have had over the years, this may prove to be the most powerful one they've had to date. Hard to believe, but judging from last year and this year's fast start...Looking Good!!!

orange machine
04-21-2012, 09:34 PM
How ya doin there, Orange? Feeling better today I hope. Nap fits right in with the rest of the boyz on this powerhouse line-up. With all the hitting teams the Rangers have had over the years, this may prove to be the most powerful one they've had to date. Hard to believe, but judging from last year and this year's fast start...Looking Good!!!
I'm in some pretty good pain still, I decided earlier to pull the stent out and let me just say that sucked, but I couldn't stand the pain of feeling like I was peeing glass anymore. After pulling the stent I had the worst pain in my kidney and bladder, but from what I read on the Internet about stent removal your kideny and bladder spasm and cause great pain. I made it trough that pain and I can pee know without it feeling like glass thank God. So I'm hoping it's all down hill from here.

Anyways go Napoli!!!!

Txbroadcaster
05-22-2012, 10:20 PM
this is why you dont go overboard for a good stretch..he is now hitting .237

Tejastrue
05-22-2012, 10:35 PM

Curious as to what he was hitting at this time last year. Seems like it was after the all-star break when he really made some noise.

Txbroadcaster
05-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Curious as to what he was hitting at this time last year. Seems like it was after the all-star break when he really made some noise.

it was.but it was also as of now not the norm..his .237 is closer to his career average by a ton to the .320 he hit last year

Roughneck93
05-23-2012, 07:35 AM

A lot of K's too. He's on pace for what, 180 or so?

Tejastrue
05-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Torrealba's numbers are even worse. Napoli's OBP and SLG % is slightly better than Cruz's right now but everyone seems to be unconcerned with his output. Napoli and Cruz are neck and neck in SOs as well. Sorry, it's all I got. LOL.. Rangers are playing poorly as team so these stats really stand out. Fortunately the rest of the division is playing .500 ball or worse.

Txbroadcaster
07-06-2012, 09:08 PM
now at .230...I love all the Rangers in all Star game but Nap should not be there

Roughneck93
07-06-2012, 09:27 PM
now at .230...I love all the Rangers in all Star game but Nap should not be there

A.J. Pierzynski is feeling a little snubbed.

Tejastrue
07-06-2012, 09:27 PM

I agree but how many times do we see this with fan voting. Fortunately he still has plenty of time to redeem himself. My gut is he'll end up in the .270-.280 area. Do we know what he was hitting at the all-star break last year?

regaleagle
07-07-2012, 06:07 AM
The Rangers seem to be a team that hits well 75% of the season, and goes absolutely COLD as a team about 25% of the season. In baseball, that's good for winning a division. Some teams are more consistent with avg. hitting, but the Rangers are more consistent in hitting well more times in a season. Seems to be the nature of the team, or a team chemistry they have. When two or three get hot, so does the whole lot. And they can go long stretches outhitting most of their competition. This current COLD streak is normal. They've had a few of those just about each season. It usually doesn't last that long.

Txbroadcaster
07-07-2012, 07:35 AM
I agree but how many times do we see this with fan voting. Fortunately he still has plenty of time to redeem himself. My gut is he'll end up in the .270-.280 area. Do we know what he was hitting at the all-star break last year?

BA is about the same..but this year he had 50 more K's and his OPS is 100 points lower

Tejastrue
07-07-2012, 05:29 PM
BA is about the same..but this year he had 50 more K's and his OPS is 100 points lower

Yeah, that is a major drop-off. He's right there with Cruz in K's but in Cruz's defense he's started 10 more games. What's even more disappointing is that Michael Young's OPS is the worst of the regulars.. I think all this goes hand in hand. Because of his struggles, the further down the lineup that Napoli bats can only hurt his chances of digging himself out. I do however believe he will.