20. West
21. Lorena
22. Liberty Hill
23. China Spring
24. Rusk
25t. Crandall
25t. Mineral Wells

HM Goliad, Fort Stockton, Burkburnett, Ponder and LaVernia

Comments: Defending state champion Celina survived a brutal start with a 9-7 record but head coach Billy Coleman has righted the Bobcats ship with an impressive 11-4 win over a strong Bonham team. Class 3A saw a lot of turmoil in the rankings as the good teams are starting to play that way and teams with a good record that had not seen the top flight competition are starting to struggle. Kennedale blanked Burleson Centennial 2-0 but Centennial responded with a devastating win over Mineral Wells. Lubbock-Cooper edged Estacado 1-0 then thumped Brownfield 34-0 to improve to 6-0 in district and 23-2 overall. Lindale beat Canton 3-0 and beat Quinlan ford 12-0 to improve to 18-3-1, 7-0 in district. Henderson beat Gilmer 1-0 on a combined no hitter with Kami McCaw pitching the first 6 innings and Tierra Davis pitching the 7th then beat Gladewater 2-1 with Tierra Davis pitching a complete game giving up only 3 hits. The West Lady Trojans beat Hillsboro 14-0 and Venus 16-0 and has outscored 8-3A opposition 83-1 in route to a 17-7, 7-0 record. Lampasas defeated Burnet 4-3 and is 19-7, 5-1 in district. The Lorena Lady Leopards played strong defense in a 4-1 win over Gatesville. Summer Dolezel had 2 RBIs and Kayla Donaldson and Emily Jaska both had 1. Donaldson, the Central Texas area strikeout leader, picked up her 13th win. Katelyn Bardwell doubled and homered inside the park to go 4-for-4 with three RBI as Bonham defeated Commerce 10-4 in district play. Abby Lackey hit two RBI singles and Arye Durst homered for Bonham (21-2, 4-1), which had 13 hits. Julie Nguyen struck out nine and drove in two, joining Layton Ford with an RBI single for Bonham. Haley Walker added two hits, while Cheyenne Wicker and Kenzie Rattan had one apiece. Celina (13-7, 6-0) beat Van Alstyne, 22-0, in five innings on Thursday to clinch a top-two playoff spot. Lovejoy is rolling with wins over Farmersville 4-0, Frisco Lone Star 12-1, Community 11 – 1, Prosper 10 – 0 and Lone Star 16-0 to improve to 16-5, 4-0.

For Other Classes Click Here
http://www.austintgca.com/softball/polls.html

regaleagle
04-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Bulldog, you are just an information highway when it comes to softball and baseball. Keep it comin', man. Good stuff.

nexfan
04-13-2012, 08:43 AM
No Columbia in the top 25??? Granted, I dont follow, but I thought they were good enough to at least be in the top 25.

SHSBulldog00
04-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Bulldog, you are just an information highway when it comes to softball and baseball. Keep it comin', man. Good stuff.

Thank you

I have also been the Region IV Editor for the last few years but will have to abdicate my position since Sweeny is moving back to Region III. Some of this info is hard to find because there isn't a website devoted to softball like www.3abaseball.com is to Baseball. So it takes a lot of searching to find standing's and scores. If someone in the Waco area can assist me with the District 19 softball standings I would appreciate it tremendously.

SHSBulldog00
04-13-2012, 12:37 PM
No Columbia in the top 25??? Granted, I dont follow, but I thought they were good enough to at least be in the top 25.

I agree with you nexfan!!! Sweeny and Columbia are the two best teams in the region just like last year. Until they get beat in the playoff's they should be the top 2 Region IV teams in any poll.

NastySlot
04-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Thank you

I have also been the Region IV Editor for the last few years but will have to abdicate my position since Sweeny is moving back to Region III. Some of this info is hard to find because there isn't a website devoted to softball like www.3abaseball.com is to Baseball. So it takes a lot of searching to find standing's and scores. If someone in the Waco area can assist me with the District 19 softball standings I would appreciate it tremendously.

yeah Butch Hart does an ok job but might need more help in putting together the softball poll...weekly errors...........this poll came out with Plano #1 in 5A...had to be fixed to have PESH as the #1.............Ponder not good enough to make the 2A poll but good enough to make HM in 3A.

Poth in 2A....they might not even have a winning record....or they might now.

LeeCoMom
04-13-2012, 01:12 PM
yeah Butch Hart does an ok job but might need more help in putting together the softball poll...weekly errors...........this poll came out with Plano #1 in 5A...had to be fixed to have PESH as the #1.............Ponder not good enough to make the 2A poll but good enough to make HM in 3A.

Poth in 2A....they might not even have a winning record....or they might now.

Yeah it's not really a poll based on coaches (even though it's TGCA) in that parents, fans, players??, pretty much anybody can email him information and it's considered in the "rankings." I'm not unhappy it's out there, though. Hard enough to find any recognition for these girls, unlike many other sports, so any softball news is good news to me.

NastySlot
04-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Yeah it's not really a poll based on coaches (even though it's TGCA) in that parents, fans, players??, pretty much anybody can email him information and it's considered in the "rankings." I'm not unhappy it's out there, though. Hard enough to find any recognition for these girls, unlike many other sports, so any softball news is good news to me.

I agree with you....it's better than nothing and the girls and teams deserve the recognition.

pirate4state
04-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Pleased with the fight the Sinton girls have been showing since starting district 0-3. They are now 5-3 with 2 games left. GOOD LUCK LADY PIRATES!

JaJohn25
04-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Not sure about the 19 3A standings but I know that Robinson and China Spring have beaten each other and are tied for first and Lorena is in third. I believe Waco Connally is fourth followed by Gatesville and Waco La Vega.

SHSBulldog00
04-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Not sure about the 19 3A standings but I know that Robinson and China Spring have beaten each other and are tied for first and Lorena is in third. I believe Waco Connally is fourth followed by Gatesville and Waco La Vega.

Thanks JaJohn25!!!