PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer’s Entire Swim Team Signs with Texas

buckeyebob
04-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Once again, the Buckeyes produce a championship team...CONGRATULATIONS!

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/high_schools/gilmer-s-lone-swimmer-signs-with-texas/article_240a8e3d-78e5-57be-ba9c-3ffc26899a11.html

MGAR
04-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Once again, the Buckeyes produce a championship team...CONGRATULATIONS!

""Koudelka switched from distance to sprints this past season and brought home silver medals in the 100 and 200-meters at the UIL meet back in February. He was second in the 200 freestyle and fourth in the 500 freestyle at the state meet in 2011 and second in the 500 freestyle and eighth in the 200 freestyle at the state meet in 2010 as a sophomore.""

Congrats anyways.

Saggy Aggie
04-12-2012, 09:37 AM
""Koudelka switched from distance to sprints this past season and brought home silver medals in the 100 and 200-meters at the UIL meet back in February. He was second in the 200 freestyle and fourth in the 500 freestyle at the state meet in 2011 and second in the 500 freestyle and eighth in the 200 freestyle at the state meet in 2010 as a sophomore.""

Congrats anyways. haha

waterboy
04-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Heck, I'm proud of Grant Koudelka. He got a full scholarship to a major university because of his ability and hard work, and it was to the University of Texas to boot. It's not often you get to see someone from a 3A school in East Texas get a paid scholarship to swim. Football, yes, but swimming? This is the first time it's ever happened in Gilmer for swimming.

defense51
04-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Congrats, that's awesome.

SHSBulldog00
04-12-2012, 02:09 PM
We don't even have a pool in Sweeny. Congrat's to the Gilmer swim team.

Aesculus gilmus
04-12-2012, 02:59 PM

That's no excuse. We don't have one in Gilmer either. This guy worked out in Longview, as I understand it.

buff4ever
04-12-2012, 03:09 PM

Swimteam:cool: funny.

Good job, I am sure he deserves it.

Tejastrue
04-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Heck, I'm proud of Grant Koudelka. He got a full scholarship to a major university because of his ability and hard work, and it was to the University of Texas to boot. It's not often you get to see someone from a 3A school in East Texas get a paid scholarship to swim. Football, yes, but swimming? This is the first time it's ever happened in Gilmer for swimming.

He'd have to be pretty dang good to receive a full scholarship from Texas. Congrats to Grant and Gilmer HS!

regaleagle
04-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Argyle had two girl swimmers that each won all-state in 4A last year as juniors. I think that is about it for our swim team. I don't know how they are doing this year. Is swimming still going on in 4A? The Argyle school website isn't the most current or up-to-date place to get any high school news, unfortunately. They have lots of room to improve in that department.

Ville-D
04-13-2012, 12:35 PM
That's no excuse. We don't have one in Gilmer either. This guy worked out in Longview, as I understand it.

So much for that home pool advantage....

buckeyebob
04-16-2012, 05:18 AM
Argyle had two girl swimmers that each won all-state in 4A last year as juniors. I think that is about it for our swim team. I don't know how they are doing this year. Is swimming still going on in 4A? The Argyle school website isn't the most current or up-to-date place to get any high school news, unfortunately. They have lots of room to improve in that department.

Swimming is alive & well in 4A...y'alls evil twin Highland Park is big time...I saw no mention of Argyle in the State Meet on UIL website...may not have qualified...I did notice Lovejoy participated in Girls 500 Yard Freestyle - Emily Nightingale and Girls 200 & 400 Freestyle Relays...
I really admire those who particiate in these un-common sports...like Grant, you work alone and for very little recognition. Congrates to all who make that sacrifice.