PDA

View Full Version : Looking for #8 needs prayers

BEAST
04-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Guys I just wanted to let yall know L48 has been diagnosed with colon cancer. Luckily, it appears, it has been caught very early. I believe he is scheduled to have some surgery done Monday to remove the cancerous tissue. All indications are that he will have a full recovery. He is thankful that he was checked and it was caught soon. He wants all of us to know how important early detection is and to urge all of us to be sure and do our routine check ups. His may have saved his life. Anyway, send some prayers his way.

BEAST

44INAROW
04-11-2012, 04:21 PM
So glad he got it checked and got it done early.. Please let him know he's got some Gobbler prayers for a complete recovery!

Los Owls
04-11-2012, 04:25 PM
So glad he got it checked and got it done early.. Please let him know he's got some Gobbler prayers for a complete recovery!

Prayers from Los Owls and Hondo Town...

Phil C
04-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Prayers for a complete recovery.

Tejastrue
04-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Thoughts and Prayers from Wimberley!

Roughneck93
04-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Thoughts and prayers sent from West Columbia.

bobcat1
04-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Get well Lookin! You are in my prayers my friend.

SHSBulldog00
04-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Prayers sent from Sweeny.

Get well soon so you can make a return Lookin

Yoe_09
04-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Prayers from Cameron.

zebrablue2
04-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Prayers from Cameron.

Prayers said and sent!!!

bigwood33
04-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Get well soon buddy!

slingshot
04-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Prayers from Abilene... and some unsolicited medical advice. If any of you guys (or gals) are 50 or older (or 40 or older with family history of colon cancer or familial polyposis)--GET YOUR SCREENING COLONOSCOPY!!! It's safe and painless... and can save your life. Yes, I had mine...

defense51
04-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Prayers from Alvarado.

Bosqueville
04-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Prayers from central Texas.

Old Green
04-11-2012, 09:38 PM
So glad he got it checked and got it done early.. Please let him know he's got some Gobbler prayers for a complete recovery!Praying for LF#8 full recovery.

toddg
04-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Have Faith! thoughts and prayers sent!

regaleagle
04-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Big time serious stuff. May God continue to protect you and your loved ones.

FB-fanatic
04-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Prayers from Lorena. My doctor advised me to get a colonoscopy in 2008. I ignored him; thought I knew better. After all, I was only 45. Couldn't be anything like that. That decision nearly cost me my life. A year later, still problems. Finally give in, surgeon finds a tumor the size of a coke can. One month later doctor removes tumor and four foot of colon. Largest tumer he said he had ever seen that had not spread. Going on 3 years cancer free. Don't be stupid like me and put off the procedure. Get it done! Read this great article before my first exam. Hilarious!

Dave Barry (http://www.miamiherald.com/2009/02/11/427603/dave-barry-a-journey-into-my-colon.html)

LH Panther Mom
04-12-2012, 04:31 AM
You are in my prayers, my friend!

Looking4number8
04-12-2012, 06:51 AM
Thanks everybody. I was shocked when I got the call last week. When they did the colonoscopy he said he found a pretty good size polyp but it looked harmless… it was not, there was cancer inside the polyp. There is a chance that when they took that out that they have already removed all the cancer from my body but we still have to do the surgery to take out the part of the colon it was attached too just to be positive. (at least that is the way I understand it)

People I am very fortunate that I had the colonoscopy! I generally don’t go to the Dr for preventative reasons. My company insurance wants us to do a yearly exam to get a break on our rates so I went last year (first Dr visit in 25 years) and the Dr suggested this. I agreed….barley! Thrilled that I did. I am begging you guys and gals, have the test done! As several has stated it could save both your quality of life and your life!!!!

I will post more about it soon, I really want to be a poster child for colonoscopy (I always wanted to be a poster child for something so I guess being one for a pain in the butt is fitting for me) I am headed to the hospital now for pre registration and a CT scan to make sure that is the only place I have cancer.

On a side note…. Send gifts, NICE GIFTS! They always make me feel better!

And one funny thing, Easter Sunday my ex-wife called (the one that I don’t hate). Anyways she told me “My mom prayed for you at lunch today… and this time she was not praying for you to die” Dang, did not know my ex had a since of humor

NastySlot
04-12-2012, 07:08 AM
In both my thoughts and prayers.

bobcat1
04-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks everybody. I was shocked when I got the call last week. When they did the colonoscopy he said he found a pretty good size polyp but it looked harmless… it was not, there was cancer inside the polyp. There is a chance that when they took that out that they have already removed all the cancer from my body but we still have to do the surgery to take out the part of the colon it was attached too just to be positive. (at least that is the way I understand it)

People I am very fortunate that I had the colonoscopy! I generally don’t go to the Dr for preventative reasons. My company insurance wants us to do a yearly exam to get a break on our rates so I went last year (first Dr visit in 25 years) and the Dr suggested this. I agreed….barley! Thrilled that I did. I am begging you guys and gals, have the test done! As several has stated it could save both your quality of life and your life!!!!

I will post more about it soon, I really want to be a poster child for colonoscopy (I always wanted to be a poster child for something so I guess being one for a pain in the butt is fitting for me) I am headed to the hospital now for pre registration and a CT scan to make sure that is the only place I have cancer.

And one funny thing, Easter Sunday my ex-wife called (the one that I don’t hate). Anyways she told me “My mom prayed for you at lunch today… and this time she was not praying for you to die” Dang, did not know my ex had a since of humor I go once a year. Clean so far. Dad had prostrate cancer and liver cancer so I echo L48's sentiments. The worst part is before the procedure. Drinking that stuff and living in the bathroom for 24 hours. Still praying for ya Brutha!

SintonFan
04-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Prayers sent your way buddy!

LIONS#1
04-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Prayers to you and yours from a fellow Lion fan!!!

pirate4state
04-13-2012, 02:02 PM

And one funny thing, Easter Sunday my ex-wife called (the one that I don’t hate). Anyways she told me “My mom prayed for you at lunch today… and this time she was not praying for you to die” Dang, did not know my ex had a since of humor

Good stuff. Thoughts & prayers your way. Get well.

OldNavy
04-13-2012, 02:26 PM
I thought I was dieing after I drank that stuff. I had visions of just being just a bag of skin and bones after I was all cleaned out. Turns out I wasn't full of ---- after all. The next morning I went into the clinic and they had me undress and put on this flemsy robe, open in the back, and lie down. They wheeled me into the "Operating Room" and the Nurse started an I V. I was talking about the grand kids when the anesthesiologist put a needle in the I V tube. The next thing I know I am wakeing up in recovery. They bring me a very nice photo album of what looks like the city running one of those cameras down in the sewer. Luckly, no polups. Glad I went. Grateful for the technology, and Prayers of thanks for the ability to discover maladies before they can't be controlled. Prayers for strength, healing and comfort and a sence of humor as well.

LionFan72
04-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Prayers for a full recovery.

ccmom
04-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Ivan asked me to update y'all yesterday but I couldn't get the site to work.

His surgery went well. Of course there is pain during the recovery period, but he is handling it like a champ. He even got up today and walked with assistance of a walker. He will be in the hospital for several more days. He appreciates all the prayers.

BEAST
04-17-2012, 10:10 PM

His surgery went well. Of course there is pain during the recovery period, but he is handling it like a champ. He even got up today and walked with assistance of a walker. He will be in the hospital for several more days. He appreciates all the prayers.

I haven't had a chance to talk to him, did the Drs feel like they got all of it?

BEAST

ccmom
04-17-2012, 10:20 PM
I haven't had a chance to talk to him, did the Drs feel like they got all of it?

BEAST He said he thinks so, but he's been kind of "out of it" when the dr has been in so he's kinda fuzzy on some stuff. He has a list of questions to ask him when his head is clearer.

He did end one of his text today with "purpleville sucks", so I know he must be feeling fairly well. Haha. Thought you would appreciate that, BEAST.

JacketSwarm
04-17-2012, 10:33 PM
He is on my prayer list. Speedy recovery bro. :)

Looking4number8
04-18-2012, 07:16 AM

You just had to mention the walker didnt you.... At least I nicknamed it 'hotrod Lincoln"

Feeling less pain this morning. Hoping for a more painfree day and less drugs (and hotter younger nurses)

one more thing (that everybody already knows) PURPLEVILLE SUCKS!!!!

Thanks for all the prayers and concerns from everybody.

Ivan

Ville-D
04-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Happy Birthday L4N8. Hope you are back on your feet soon.

Ranger Mom
04-18-2012, 09:38 AM

I didn't even realize it was his birthday until I read this!!

Happy Birthday Ivan and best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!!!!

Phil C
04-18-2012, 09:41 AM

Ditto

bobcat1
04-18-2012, 05:04 PM

Ditto I'm in on the getting well and the Happy B-Day buddy!

zebrablue2
04-18-2012, 10:21 PM

:ditto:

Looking4number8
04-19-2012, 09:39 AM
getting sent home today. Pathology reports all came back good. Looks like I will most likely get to avoid any chemo. I am telling you guys, get your colonostophy when its due, it has probally saved me from chemo and an even more major surgery. (although cutting 10 inches of my colon feel pretty major to me!)

Again everyone, thanks for all of prayers

44INAROW
04-19-2012, 09:44 AM
getting sent home today. Pathology reports all came back good. Looks like I will most likely get to avoid any chemo. I am telling you guys, get your colonostophy when its due, it has probally saved me from chemo and an even more major surgery. (although cutting 10 inches of my colon feel pretty major to me!)

great news Looking... Husband had 14 inches of his colon removed in Sept - took him about 2 weeks to "feel right" but he's been right as rain since.. Hope you have the same results!!! and yes - everyone - get a colonoscopy when it's time.. if it's for a routine physical type exam - insurance is supposed to pay 100% - no deductible should apply - that's the way it was explained to me

Roughneck93
04-19-2012, 09:49 AM

Good deal...:2thumbsup

RoyceTTU
04-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Ivan, i feel bad about not seeing this earlier. I'm glad to see things are going better. Your recovery is my thoughts and prayers. Be sure to drop a line if you need anything at all.

BTW- happy 31st birthday!!!!!

garciap77
04-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Guys I just wanted to let yall know L48 has been diagnosed with colon cancer. Luckily, it appears, it has been caught very early. I believe he is scheduled to have some surgery done Monday to remove the cancerous tissue. All indications are that he will have a full recovery. He is thankful that he was checked and it was caught soon. He wants all of us to know how important early detection is and to urge all of us to be sure and do our routine check ups. His may have saved his life. Anyway, send some prayers his way.

BEAST

Prayers sent. I pray that everything goes well.

garciap77
04-19-2012, 12:10 PM

When can we go out drinking? I'll buy! Man, I pray that you fully recover. PM if you are Abilene and I'll take you to lunch.

bobcat1
04-19-2012, 06:27 PM

Again everyone, thanks for all of prayersThere's always a bright side buddy. At least you won't be so full of it now.http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7816/laughing1rg3.gif