PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Scores This Week - (4/9-4/14)

Roughneck93
04-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Columbia 9
Palacios 1
Final

Necks (4-1, 17-2)

Old Green
04-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Tonight Cuero played a Double Header against Victoria St. Joseph

1st game
Cuero - 9
St. Joseph - 5

Second game ended in a tie
Cuero - 6
St. Joe - 6

Phil C
04-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Rockport-Fulton 6 Sinton 5

SHSBulldog00
04-10-2012, 10:00 PM

And the streak comes to an end.

SHSBulldog00
04-10-2012, 10:09 PM
West 6
Glen Rose 2

Phil C
04-10-2012, 10:19 PM
And the streak comes to an end.

I am afraid so. Sinton has had some close one lately and this one went the other way.

regaleagle
04-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Argyle-8
Whitesboro-1
Argyle(17-4; 7-0)

K-MAC Chuck
04-11-2012, 08:43 AM
District 25-3A baseball last night (with current records):
LH (6-0) beat Taylor (1-5), 7-4; Llano (2-4) beat Lampasas (1-5), 8-4; Burnet (4-2) beat Salado (4-2), 7-3.

Hornet Mom 2
04-11-2012, 10:15 AM
D23 - Caldwell and LaGrange have both secured play-off spots. Smithville looks to be the 3rd team from that district to go, but all teams have 3 games left. Any of the remaining 3 could inch in if Smithville doesn't take care of business.

Last nights scores:
Caldwell 11 Navasota 1 (6 innings)
LaGrange 11 Rockdale 0
Giddings 9 Smithville 8 (12 innings)

District Records:
Caldwell 6-1
LaGrange 6-1
Smithville 3-4
Rockdale 2-5
Navasota 2-5
Giddings 2-5

MUSTANG69
04-11-2012, 10:32 AM

Goliad 7
Ingleside 2

Aransas Pass 5
Mathis 2

All 3 games in D30 are upsets.:ack!:

hookandladder
04-11-2012, 10:43 AM
D23 - Caldwell and LaGrange have both secured play-off spots. Smithville looks to be the 3rd team from that district to go, but all teams have 3 games left. Any of the remaining 3 could inch in if Smithville doesn't take care of business.

Last nights scores:
Caldwell 11 Navasota 1 (6 innings)
LaGrange 11 Rockdale 0
Giddings 9 Smithville 8 (12 innings)

District Records:
Caldwell 6-1
LaGrange 6-1
Smithville 3-4
Rockdale 2-5
Navasota 2-5
Giddings 2-5

Smithville has Navasota at home then goes to La Grange and Caldwell, Rockdale finishes with Giddings ,Caldwell Navasota. It could very well come down to a tie for third, Smithville and Rockdale split District games however if it comes down to run differences Rockdale shut out Smithville in first game and then lost by 1. So, Rockdale could take that third spot.

buff4ever
04-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Smithville has Navasota at home then goes to La Grange and Caldwell, Rockdale finishes with Giddings ,Caldwell Navasota. It could very well come down to a tie for third, Smithville and Rockdale split District games however if it comes down to run differences Rockdale shut out Smithville in first game and then lost by 1. So, Rockdale could take that third spot.

I know we are down and struggling for a year or so in baseball, but what if Smithville wins 1 more and loses 2 (likely), and Giddings Beats Rockdale and one more while Rockdale only beats Navasota?

With 3 games left, it is more wide open for that 3rd spot than you act like. Technically all 4 teams in bottom are in it for the 3rd spot.

hookandladder
04-11-2012, 11:14 AM
I know we are down and struggling for a year or so in baseball, but what if Smithville wins 1 more and loses 2 (likely), and Giddings Beats Rockdale and one more while Rockdale only beats Navasota?

With 3 games left, it is more wide open for that 3rd spot than you act like. Technically all 4 teams in bottom are in it for the 3rd spot.

You are correct , I was just addressing the comment about Smithville getting the third spot. All 4 bottom teams have a shot, does not matter to me who get's it. Just saying Giddings and or Smithville would have to beat us at home for one of them to get in and Smithville also has to go to Caldwell, Looking at remaining schedule's for third spot I would say Smithville has the hardest road ahead. Navasota could slide in also, have fun fighting that out.

SHSBulldog00
04-11-2012, 11:45 AM
District 31-3A

Raymondville 5, Lyford 4

District 32-3A

RGC La Grulla 10, Port Isabel 6
Zapata 16, PSJA Southwest 0
La Feria 5, Progreso 1

Rabid Cougar
04-11-2012, 09:21 PM
China Spring 4 Lorena 0

SHSBulldog00
04-13-2012, 06:07 PM
#11 Columbia (4-1, 17-2)
#3 Sweeny (4-0, 17-2)
7:30 pm

Roughneck93
04-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Sweeny 6, Columbia 3. :(

Old Green
04-13-2012, 10:04 PM
4/13/2012

Cuero defeats Yoakum Tonight 4-2.
Both teams had 6 hits. Cuero comitted 3 errors. Yoakum Committed 0 errors.

Very good game with a good crowd standing room only

Blue42
04-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Cuero 4
Yoakum 2
Hunter is 0 for 6 vrs The Gobblers

hookandladder
04-13-2012, 10:34 PM
La Grange 13 Caldwell 3

Rockdale 10 Giddings 8

Smithvile 8 Navasota 3

Giddings and Navasota eliminated from playoffs, battle for 3rd spot will be Smithville and Rockdale. Smithville finishes at La Grange and at Caldwell with a 1 game lead over Rockdale, Rockdale has Caldwell at home and Navasota away.Next week is huge for Rockdale and Smithville and I am sure La Grange and Caldwell will be looking to knock Smithville from the playoff picture.

83Indian
04-13-2012, 10:50 PM
West 7
Alvarado 4

In 9 innings

SHSBulldog00
04-13-2012, 11:21 PM
La Grulla 11
Progreso 1

Rio Hondo 10
Zapata 6

regaleagle
04-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Argyle-7
Gainesville-2

Argyle(8-0, 18-4)

SintonFan_inAustin
04-15-2012, 12:09 AM
District 30

Sinton 5 Ingleside 2
Aransas Pass 6 Rockport Fulton 2
Mathis 13 Goliad 8 in 8 innings

Standings after fridays games
Sinton 6-1
Ingleside 4-3
Rockport Fulton 4-3
Mathis 3-4
Aransas Pass 3-4
Goliad 1-6

YTBulldogs
04-15-2012, 07:51 AM
4/13/2012

Cuero defeats Yoakum Tonight 4-2.
Both teams had 6 hits. Cuero comitted 3 errors. Yoakum Committed 0 errors.

Very good game with a good crowd standing room only

Was a great game, exciting to the end. Congrats Cuero and good luck to both fine teams in the playoffs.

PS: Don Bravo's was awesome compared to that hospital cafeteria food I been eating the past month. And very nice to chat with Coach Reeve and Blake again.

Rabid Cougar
04-15-2012, 08:19 AM
China Spring 4 Lorena 0

China Spring 4 Connally 1

Blue42
04-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Was a great game, exciting to the end. Congrats Cuero and good luck to both fine teams in the playoffs.

PS: Don Bravo's was awesome compared to that hospital cafeteria food I been eating the past month. And very nice to chat with Coach Reeve and Blake again.
Dude if you ate at Don Bravo's you may be back at the Hospital :p JK.

hookandladder
04-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Dude if you ate at Don Bravo's you may be back at the Hospital :p JK.

Don Bravo's is number one in my book also, Deer lease used to be 10 mnutes from there and ate there at least once every trip.

Farmersfan
04-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Farmersville lost a 1-0 game at Frisco Lonestar on Friday night. This brings the 3-way tie back into play since both Prosper and Lovejoy won their games.

Prosper = 6-2, 21-4
Farmersville = 6-2, 20-5
Lovejoy = 6-2, 17-7
Lonestar = 4-4, 10-9-1
Princeton = 2-6, 11-10
Community = 0-8, 1-19

Farmersfan
04-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Farmersville has moved ahead of both Prosper and Lovejoy in the AP rankings as of April 16. Not really sure I understand the thinking!!!! http://www.3abaseball.com/

Can anyone tell me how tie breakers in district records are solved. Do they use overall record. Everything I find on the internet says in a 3way tie they hold a playoff but what if the 3way tie is "district record only"?

regaleagle
04-20-2012, 09:18 AM
SHSBulldog, help up out on this one. I'm thinking there will have to be playoff games between the tied teams to determine seeding in the playoffs, but the district championship is shared by the tied teams. Is this correct?

SHSBulldog00
04-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Farmersville has moved ahead of both Prosper and Lovejoy in the AP rankings as of April 16. Not really sure I understand the thinking!!!! http://www.3abaseball.com/

Can anyone tell me how tie breakers in district records are solved. Do they use overall record. Everything I find on the internet says in a 3way tie they hold a playoff but what if the 3way tie is "district record only"?

SHSBulldog, help up out on this one. I'm thinking there will have to be playoff games between the tied teams to determine seeding in the playoffs, but the district championship is shared by the tied teams. Is this correct?

Every District has their own way to determine tie breaker's. They will all be District Co Champs if it ends in a tie, however to determine seeding they can go with different options.

Option 1: Have a 3 team Round Robin Tournament.

Option 2: Coin Flip to determine seeding.

Option 3: Look at results of head to head

Option 4: Total runs scored versus each other (not often used)

regaleagle
04-20-2012, 10:07 AM
For many districts in 3A, today is "bump day" in baseball. G2 will appreciate the reference. Today is the last district game of the season for some districts, and will determine who makes the playoffs, and who doesn't, who wins district, and what seed they will get in the playoffs. This is a pretty important day of the season for many schools, and could make a huge difference in how they progress thru the playoffs depending on how they "land" in the playoff scenario. It affects even the teams that are not finishing their district outcomes tonite, but will be playoff teams.

Phil C
04-20-2012, 10:23 AM
I remember one time years ago when only two teams from each district advanced and we had a local 2A tie for third place in the district with Refugio, Taft, and Aransas Pass. Back then coin flips were generally used. If points differences were used it would have been Refugio and Aransas Pass in the playoffs with Refugio in first place. But instead they had a coin flip that Refugio still won but this time Taft won the flip over Aransas Pass for the second slot and the AP people were unhappy. But the point was that you have to decide what tie breakers to use before the season starts not after all the regular season facts are in. After this the districts adopted point difference rules and coin flips are used as a last resort .

Farmersfan
04-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Every District has their own way to determine tie breaker's. They will all be District Co Champs if it ends in a tie, however to determine seeding they can go with different options.

Option 1: Have a 3 team Round Robin Tournament.

Option 2: Coin Flip to determine seeding.

Option 3: Look at results of head to head

Option 4: Total runs scored versus each other (not often used)

Thanks for the reply. Does overall record not come into consideration. There are so many possible scenerios that could happen here. If F'vill and Prosper lose tonight then we have a 3 way tie in district record but Prosper has the best overall record while the Farmers are 2nd and Lovejoy 3rd. And if Lovejoy beats Farmersville tonight then all 3 teams will have a 1-1 record in head to head matchups. But if Farmersville and Prosper win tonight then we have a 2 way tie for 1st place. If Farmersville loses and Prosper wins then Farmersville and Lovejoy will be tied for 2nd place but Farmersville has a much better overall record. Certainly makes things interesting.

regaleagle
04-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Season records do not affect playoff seedings. I believe a playoff scenario is in the offing for your District 11 regardless, Farmersfan. Like you said, there are so many scenarios, but it will be decided how the playoff games for seeding are determined after tonite's contests.

Farmersfan
04-20-2012, 10:58 AM
I remember one time years ago when only two teams from each district advanced and we had a local 2A tie for third place in the district with Refugio, Taft, and Aransas Pass. Back then coin flips were generally used. If points differences were used it would have been Refugio and Aransas Pass in the playoffs with Refugio in first place. But instead they had a coin flip that Refugio still won but this time Taft won the flip over Aransas Pass for the second slot and the AP people were unhappy. But the point was that you have to decide what tie breakers to use before the season starts not after all the regular season facts are in. After this the districts adopted point difference rules and coin flips are used as a last resort .

Point differences in what? It doesn't make sense to use point difference for the entire season if you aren't willing to use win/loss record for entire season. So district point differences? Or point differences in head to head matchups?

In head to head point differences here is where we stand with Farmersville and Lovejoy meeting tonight.

Lovejoy +5
Prosper +3
F'ville -4

regaleagle
04-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Looks to me like Farmersville just needs to win tonite, period. That should settle everything for Farmersville, without question. However, Prosper AND Lovejoy are both very good this season, as well as you guys in Farmersville. It's just a toss-up at this point and a very crazy scenario, for sure.

Phil C
04-20-2012, 11:35 AM
The point differences adopted now is head to head. In football if a 3 way tie for first place occurs then it is used. Back then Refugio, Taft and Aransas Pass all had the same district record with one loss each with Refugio beating Aransas Pass, Aransas Pass beating Taft and Taft beating Refugio. It wouldn't be as big a problem now since three teams advanced but at that time only two could. If they had used the point difference between each other as most districts in the area have adopted then Refugion and Aransas Pass would have been in. The district was tied and head to head was still even so they had to go to the coin flip which could have been avoided had they used point difference.

Roughneck93
04-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Anybody else get rained out tonight?

Columbia @ Needville ppd until tomorrow, 1:00 PM.

YTBulldogs
04-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Don Bravo's is number one in my book also, Deer lease used to be 10 mnutes from there and ate there at least once every trip.

I will say a new building is in order for Don Bravo's. But, the food is great and plentiful. Love getting more then enough good food when I order a dish. And, the "rita's" with the top brand booze are the best in our area. Yummmmmmm!!!!!!!!