PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know anything about Schreiner University?

GrTigers6
04-09-2012, 01:09 PM
They are really recruiting my son. We are headed there this saturday to check it out. Just thought I would ask if anyone had any imput good or bad.
They are offering 5500 in academic scholarships so far.
I know they are a small school which is fine. Small school is good for him. Any info on the area would be good as well. It is located in Kerville

BwdLion73
04-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Shiner Bock U ? :thinking:

bp80884
04-09-2012, 08:48 PM
They are really recruiting my son. We are headed there this saturday to check it out. Just thought I would ask if anyone had any imput good or bad.
They are offering 5500 in academic scholarships so far.
I know they are a small school which is fine. Small school is good for him. Any info on the area would be good as well. It is located in Kerville

They have one of the best soccer camps in the state. We will be heading down there for camp this year.

Other than that, only good thing about the school. I would be interested in hearing about your experience. We will be looking at them in a few years for soccer.

Good luck.

turbostud
04-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Kerrville is a great town. spent a month working there last summer and loved it. My wife just applied for a teaching position at Tivy HS so hopefully she gets it. If she does we will be moving.

GrTigers6
04-10-2012, 05:20 AM
Thanks, I will let you know how it goes!

Phil C
04-10-2012, 10:06 AM
They have had some good teams in the past . For example H.C. "Bully" Gilstrap was hired as head football coach in 1925 after a successful track career at UT in the early 20s. He had good teams t here and in 1935 they won the state junior college football championship. When Dana X. Bible was hired at UT coach in 1937 at an outstanding salary for that time at $15,000 he told the Texas administration he wanted enough in his budget to hire the best high school and junior college coaches in Texas and they did. He hired Gilstrap and Amarillo High School Coach Blair Cherry who had won three straight high school championships in the 30s. Gilstrap was an assistant football coach for 20 years in Texas. He also coached basketball for three years and was one year a runner up in the NCAA championship. He retired from coaching in 1956 and coached PE at UT until the early 70s when he retired for good. He passed away in 1989 at the age of 87.

bp80884
04-11-2012, 09:12 PM
They have had some good teams in the past . For example H.C. "Bully" Gilstrap was hired as head football coach in 1925 after a successful track career at UT in the early 20s. He had good teams t here and in 1935 they won the state junior college football championship. When Dana X. Bible was hired at UT coach in 1937 at an outstanding salary for that time at $15,000 he told the Texas administration he wanted enough in his budget to hire the best high school and junior college coaches in Texas and they did. He hired Gilstrap and Amarillo High School Coach Blair Cherry who had won three straight high school championships in the 30s. Gilstrap was an assistant football coach for 20 years in Texas. He also coached basketball for three years and was one year a runner up in the NCAA championship. He retired from coaching in 1956 and coached PE at UT until the early 70s when he retired for good. He passed away in 1989 at the age of 87.

This is interesting, they called my son direct today and invited him down to visit. We have no idea how they got his number. Very interesting.

GrTigers6
04-12-2012, 07:47 AM
This is interesting, they called my son direct today and invited him down to visit. We have no idea how they got his number. Very interesting.Did your son go to college night at the school? Thats how they got Westley's number!