PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odem no longer a Maverick

orange machine
04-09-2012, 09:13 AM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7791431/dallas-mavericks-lamar-odom-sever-ties-immediately

Odom not Odem

Phil C
04-09-2012, 09:15 AM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7791431/dallas-mavericks-lamar-odom-sever-ties-immediately

:( Scary Times indeed.

orange machine
04-09-2012, 09:16 AM
:( Scary Times indeed.

Odom needed to go he was hurting the team.

44INAROW
04-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Odom needed to go he was hurting the team.
I don't follow much hoops actions (other than the Spurs) but the clips and stories I've seen of Odom since he's been with the Mavs - I have had the impression he was not happy and he wore his heart on his sleeve - his actions were childish and he needed to go. He reminded me of an unhappy,spoiled 8 year old..

Bullaholic
04-09-2012, 09:54 AM
I don't follow much hoops actions (other than the Spurs) but the clips and stories I've seen of Odom since he's been with the Mavs - I have had the impression he was not happy and he wore his heart on his sleeve - his actions were childish and he needed to go. He reminded me of an unhappy,spoiled 8 year old..

+1 , I agree, 44'.

Tejastrue
04-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Wow, this really looked like a no brainer pick up for the Mavs. I thought this would help solidify the team after losing Chandler and others. Can you say Kardashian? Lol..

waterboy
04-09-2012, 10:35 AM
The drama surrounding Odom has been a detriment to the team. Odom has definitely not lived up to expectations. For whatever reason, he hasn't seemed to actually want to play for the Mavs. This move doesn't hurt the Mavs at all, except maybe on the depth chart, and with the lack of production from Odom there are others that can step up. The Mavericks may actually miss the playoffs this year............, which is really sad. I don't see the fire and hunger I saw last year. Injuries have played a large role in the lack of continuity, but they just haven't played with that "it" factor that they played with last year.

Tejastrue
04-09-2012, 10:50 AM
The drama surrounding Odom has been a detriment to the team. Odom has definitely not lived up to expectations. For whatever reason, he hasn't seemed to actually want to play for the Mavs. This move doesn't hurt the Mavs at all, except maybe on the depth chart, and with the lack of production from Odom there are others that can step up. The Mavericks may actually miss the playoffs this year............, which is really sad. I don't see the fire and hunger I saw last year. Injuries have played a large role in the lack of continuity, but they just haven't played with that "it" factor that they played with last year.

You can't break up a team's chemistry if you want to repeat. Barea and Chandler were key factors and Butler was outstanding before his injury. I get it as to why Cuban decided not to re-sign these guys but I still question it for many reasons, especially in regards to Barea.

waterboy
04-09-2012, 11:26 AM
You can't break up a team's chemistry if you want to repeat. Barea and Chandler were key factors and Butler was outstanding before his injury. I get it as to why Cuban decided not to re-sign these guys but I still question it for many reasons, especially in regards to Barea.
I absolutely HATED to see Barea go. I thought that was a stupid move. Chandler was about to move on anyway, and so was Butler. I think Cuban is rebuilding the team, and this season shows the growing pains associated with that move. There's not many seasons left with the core of this Mavs team, Kidd, Nowitski, and Terry. Cuban's most likely thinking about replacing them with youth seeing that.

Txbroadcaster
04-09-2012, 02:18 PM
JJ was allowed to leave because someone paid him 3 million for a year for a guy who had a good play off but is still someone who has never averaged more than 10 points a game or 5 ast..4 million a year is alot for that production

Tejastrue
04-09-2012, 03:36 PM
JJ was allowed to leave because someone paid him 3 million for a year for a guy who had a good play off but is still someone who has never averaged more than 10 points a game or 5 ast..4 million a year is alot for that production

I thought the main reason was because they were only offering a 1 year deal. He is a gritty, determined player and the kind IMO, you look to have on a championship team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-timberwolves-courtingbarea