PDA

View Full Version : Yu Darvish

orange machine
04-09-2012, 08:48 AM
takes the mound tonight im pretty excited to see how he handles his first major league game.

jason
04-09-2012, 08:59 AM
whose first pitch will be better? randy rogers or yu darvish?

Tejastrue
04-09-2012, 10:26 AM
takes the mound tonight im pretty excited to see how he handles his first major league game.

Would like to see him do very well of course but it is a long season. Can't put too much into this first game. I'm not crazy about how the Rangers gave him so much when he's yet to prove a thing here in the States..at the same time I've always felt that way when it comes to big contracts and proving your worth. On another subject, that hr blast by Hamilton last night was a thing of beauty.

orange machine
04-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Would like to see him do very well of course but it is a long season. Can't put too much into this first game. I'm not crazy about how the Rangers gave him so much when he's yet to prove a thing here in the States..at the same time I've always felt that way when it comes to big contracts and proving your worth. On another subject, that hr blast by Hamilton last night was a thing of beauty.
Yes it was, it will be interesting to see how Hamilton performs this year with it being a contract year. My belief is that Hamilton will have to stay healthy hit 30 homers with 100 RBI's or they dont resign him to a long deal or at all. So far ge seems to be dialed in this year and last night was a great game.

I think the most interesting free agent signing will will come with Napoli you know they will sign Kinsler and Hamilton if he produces, but where does that leave Napoli?

nt7on7
04-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Napoli will command big money in the free agent market IF he follows up on last year. The Rangers would not be wise to re-sign him if he does. There is not much you can do with an aging catcher who is on the other side of his prime, with the DH we already have.

Napoli will command around $10-$12 million per year for 4-5 years. The Rangers would be idiots to make that deal. Let him go and spend the money elsewhere (i.e. signing your younger talent to long-term contracts)

Chances of pending free agents remaining with Rangers:

Kinsler - 99%
Hamilton - 15% (he will test the free agent market and he will get crazy money elsewhere)
Napoli - 10% (less if he has another great year)

You can't keep them all. And, currently we have young prospects that will make good deadline deals for the Rangers.

orange machine
04-09-2012, 12:03 PM
I could see them signing Napoli to a long term deal if Moreland doesnt have a good year. Napoli is only 30 and can be an everyday 1st baseman.

defense51
04-09-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm a bit of an optimist and hoping for Darvish to be a 20 game winner for the next 7-8 years, and yet I remember the hype with Chan Ho Park. I believe in Nolan Ryan and can't think of anyone better to see the potential in a pitcher.

Tejastrue
04-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Napoli will command big money in the free agent market IF he follows up on last year. The Rangers would not be wise to re-sign him if he does. There is not much you can do with an aging catcher who is on the other side of his prime, with the DH we already have.

Napoli will command around $10-$12 million per year for 4-5 years. The Rangers would be idiots to make that deal. Let him go and spend the money elsewhere (i.e. signing your younger talent to long-term contracts)

Chances of pending free agents remaining with Rangers:

Kinsler - 99%
Hamilton - 15% (he will test the free agent market and he will get crazy money elsewhere)
Napoli - 10% (less if he has another great year)

You can't keep them all. And, currently we have young prospects that will make good deadline deals for the Rangers.

It's probably in Hamilton's best interest to stay with the Rangers. They've supported him through all his trials and tribulations. I know I've said before that they probably should/will consider shopping him around but can't imagine seeing him somewhere else. I sure hope he can stay healthy all season. I like Napoli and hope we keep him. Never been a Kinsler fan. Funny, no Michael Young talk?

orange machine
04-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Yu needs to calm down I feel bad for him he looks awful!

FB-fanatic
04-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Yuck. 4 runs in the 1st, bases loaded.

Tejastrue
04-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Yu needs to calm down I feel bad for him he looks awful!

So at least for tonight it's P..u.. Darvish? :wave:

orange machine
04-09-2012, 07:47 PM
He will be ok now!!!

orange machine
04-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Well that was a better inning.

Tejastrue
04-09-2012, 09:08 PM
The fact that he's even coming out for the 6th inning says a lot. What did have 40 pitches in the first?

orange machine
04-09-2012, 09:18 PM
The fact that he's even coming out for the 6th inning says a lot. What did have 40 pitches in the first?
42 I think, but I'm very happy with his performance he is a fighter for sure and will get nothing but better.

Twirling Time
04-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Take away the first and he threw 68 pitches in 4 2/3 and allowed a run. He was just overexcited in the first. I can't wait to see him in a road start.

nt7on7
04-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Follow @translatedyu on Twitter. Awesome.

MGAR
04-09-2012, 10:58 PM
^^ funny stuff.

Txbroadcaster
04-10-2012, 10:25 AM
I think we learned more about Yu with how he pitched last night than if he would have went 7 giving up one run..the dude seems to have ice in his veins, he never got rattled just kept chunking

ccmom
04-10-2012, 10:28 AM
I think we learned more about Yu with how he pitched last night than if he would have went 7 giving up one run..the dude seems to have ice in his veins, he never got rattled just kept chunking

+1
Amazing

Buckeye1980
04-10-2012, 12:08 PM
whose first pitch will be better? randy rogers or yu darvish?

What does Randy Rogers have to do with it? He is a musican!

DU_stud04
04-12-2012, 02:31 AM
What does Randy Rogers have to do with it? He is a musican!
(randy rogers threw out the first pitch that game.)