PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray for BRAZORIA COUNTY SHOOTING VICTIMS

SHSBulldog00
04-07-2012, 11:47 PM
A party at Surfside Beach has turned violent as authorities confirm multiple shootings. No names or victim status has been released, Brazoria County Sheriff Charles Wagner said. Police from various agencies are in Surfside Beach to assist, Wagner said. No arrests have been confirmed. More as we have it here and at thefacts.com. Over 3,000 people where there.

There were 4 different shootings.

5 people were shot and another person was killed believed to be a Bay City man. Someone is circulationg a picture of his body on twitter. Very Wrong

For updates breaking news story on the shootings at Surfside Beach. Click here for the latest:: http://thefacts.com/article_fd2e5718-8119-11e1-a55b-0019bb2963f4.html

SHSBulldog00
04-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Now they are saying the man killed was not from Bay City.

YTBulldogs
04-08-2012, 04:52 AM
Remember when you would have a good fist fight at party's? Now, it's gun's, knives and death. :(

zebrablue2
04-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Prayers said and send to all hurt!

yellaseeker
04-09-2012, 11:37 PM
It's really unfortunate that the beach cannot be a place to congregate and have a good ole' time like the old days. Personally, i would not be there when a crown like that is expected. This has been brewing for years. For people that still want to spend a holiday weekend there, law enforcement is gonna have to take a different approach. On an ordinary weekend, folks getting a little blitzed is usually not a problem but in these instances with people traveling from houston and galveston with trouble on their mind and alcohol and whatever else to fuel it, there is a need for major restrictions and help from maybe the National Guard or Reserves or something. There is no way even with help from other local law enforcement, that if it really broke out into an all out riot, that they could get things under control. Not taking the death or other injuries lightly but, it could have really gotten worse in a hurry and they wouldn't have been able to do enough before many were injured or killed. I like my alcohol so i'm not an advocate of anywhere being "dry" but, i think they need to implement a no alcohol policy atleast on holiday weekends down there. They done it in galveston permanently and that's probably why we get flooded with so many people. From what i read in the paper today the numbers where actually between 15 and 20 thousand people at or around surfside beach. I pray for the victims family in this time of sorrow and those who were wounded as well. Hopefully local government will work swiftly on a solution.

SWMustang
04-10-2012, 07:08 AM
I'm an advocate of people taking personal responsibility for themselves. I hear what you're saying, but there was no permit for a party so law enforcement was at a huge disadvantage. It was like a "Flash Mob" style party all organized over social media sites. I wish there was more of an outrage against violence (particularly gun violence) in the youth of today and particularly black youth. The young man killed apparently was just caught in the crossfire and had did not have any run-ins with anyone that day. Sad story.

baseballcoach13
04-10-2012, 10:19 AM
What a zoo that place was this weekend. I know of several scary episodes related to beach traffic. One gas station worker was threatened and scared for her life. Another friend was ran off the road by two cars, they surrounded her and were beating on and shaking her car. All the time threatning to rape and kill her. She had to run 2 of them over to leave. Thanks Galveston for running them out town, but the party came to Surfside. Hopefully they learned a lesson and will do the same as Galveston did next year.

SHSBulldog00
04-10-2012, 11:21 AM
There were over 20,000 people at Surfside Saturday, I'm glad all of my friends and family are safe.

bobcat1
04-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Prayers added.

ExScoop
04-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Haven't been to surfside beach in over at least 30 years. Forgot what it looks like

zebrablue2
04-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Haven't been to surfside beach in over at least 30 years. Forgot what it looks like

think water and sand, and it will become clear, or maybe partly cloudy...

Maroon87
04-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Is this related to the annual beach party that is held in Galveston each spring or is this a different deal altogether?

SWMustang
04-11-2012, 08:54 PM
from what I gather, this is a separate deal. I have not been to either shindig though... looks fun!!!