PDA

View Full Version : District 11-3A Baseball

Farmersfan
04-05-2012, 07:57 AM
With a win over Lovejoy last night the Farmersville Farmers went to 18-4 on the season and 4-1 in district. This creates a 3 way tie in district records with Lovejoy and Prosper. The overall records for this district are:

Prosper 19-3
Farmersville 18-4
Lovejoy 15-6
Princeton 10-8
Lonestar 8-8
Community 1-16

http://3abaseball.com/11-3A.html

Horns13
04-11-2012, 12:37 AM
That was a great win for the Farmers and snapped Lovejoy's 26 game district winning streak dating back to 2009 :) Took down Prosper tonight 1-0 in almost a replica of the Lovejoy game and with the Lovejoy loss to Princeton tonight, the Farmers sit on top of 11-3a right now at 6-1...not sure anybody saw that coming but this is a loaded district where mostly anybody can take each other out..should be fun race to the finish with the Farmers still having to travel to Lovejoy for the last game of the season.

The boys are really playing hard for each other and Coach Coheley!

Farmersfan
04-11-2012, 07:18 AM
That was a great win for the Farmers and snapped Lovejoy's 26 game district winning streak dating back to 2009 :) Took down Prosper tonight 1-0 in almost a replica of the Lovejoy game and with the Lovejoy loss to Princeton tonight, the Farmers sit on top of 11-3a right now at 6-1...not sure anybody saw that coming but this is a loaded district where mostly anybody can take each other out..should be fun race to the finish with the Farmers still having to travel to Lovejoy for the last game of the season.

The boys are really playing hard for each other and Coach Coheley!

I see that the Farmers beat Prosper last night. Great Job guys! The Farmers are 2-0 against Princeton, 1-1 against Prosper and 1-0 against Lovejoy with one more game against them the last game of the season. Does 3A baseball also have the two divisions for big school and small school? (D1 & D2)

regaleagle
04-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Congrats have to be in order for the Farmers, no question. Not only do these big wins throw your district into a fight to the finish, it also compounds the playoff slotting for teams like Argyle. We think(or thought) Prosper and Lovejoy were going to be the ones we would have to contend with, and now you guys are making a run for the money. Gee, I don't know what to think anymore, except that Region 2 is absolutely loaded with excellent baseball teams this year.

Farmersfan
04-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Congrats have to be in order for the Farmers, no question. Not only do these big wins throw your district into a fight to the finish, it also compounds the playoff slotting for teams like Argyle. We think(or thought) Prosper and Lovejoy were going to be the ones we would have to contend with, and now you guys are making a run for the money. Gee, I don't know what to think anymore, except that Region 2 is absolutely loaded with excellent baseball teams this year.

I was thinking the Farmers would be better served staying away from the East Tx teams in the first couple of rounds but Argyle wouldn't be my pick either. This is why I asked about the D-1 and D-2 divisions for Baseball. Is it simply decided by who places where in the district or is it decided by big school/little school?

Roughneck93
04-11-2012, 09:05 AM
I was thinking the Farmers would be better served staying away from the East Tx teams in the first couple of rounds but Argyle wouldn't be my pick either. This is why I asked about the D-1 and D-2 divisions for Baseball. Is it simply decided by who places where in the district or is it decided by big school/little school?No D-1/D-2 in baseball. Decided by who places where. First place team in district gets first round bye. Here is how the 3A bracket will play out...

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/brackets/baseball/baseball-3a.pdf

Horns13
04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
No D-1/D-2 in baseball. Decided by who places where. First place team in district gets first round bye. Here is how the 3A bracket will play out...

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/brackets/baseball/baseball-3a.pdf

Regal is correct...It's all about where you place in District.

As it stands now, the 1st and 3rd place finishers in 11-3a would be in line to play Argyle with the 3rd place team playing them in 2nd round, provided 3rd (11-3a) can get past 2nd place (12-3a) rep..I've found that nothing is a given in baseball so I try to never assume. Argyle is a tough play for either rep in those rounds but that's baseball for ya. You got to beat the best to be the best.