PDA

View Full Version : Private water fishing

Im sure you all have you own lake/pond however with my job I travel often and have much free time/down time. This is one way I stay busy.
http://privatewaterfishing.com/
Share your favorite fishing spot.
Just went to Laneville with my wife for her Birthday. 2 Day fishing and stayed in Chris cabin. was fun tons of fish and beautiful place. drove past Chappel Hill and Henderson. Had luch at the Country Tavern. Couldnt get better.:tongue:

Dad taking me to San Saba for birthday April 16th and spending the night. Check out the hog. Might get my arm broke.

1st and goal
04-04-2012, 09:40 PM
I actually do have my own 2 acre pond in my front pasture. My neighbor informed me his son caught about an 8lb bass a couple of weeks ago. There aren't many slot fish right now although I'm glad to see a bunch of nice females nesting. Especially since last year's drought.

MGAR
04-04-2012, 10:05 PM
The local mining operations have produced some pretty good fishing ponds over the years, or so I've been told.

:cool:

Gone Fishing
04-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Mallard Lake. West Columbia.

Anyone ever go to the Lake in Lone Star or Hughes Springs?

Saggy Aggie
04-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Mallard Lake. West Columbia. lol my house is about 5 miles from there

Gone Fishing
04-06-2012, 09:36 PM
lol my house is about 5 miles from there

Thats funny Saggy. I worked at Pecan Grove in Richmond for a long time. Even though my Profession was Golf, I would rather be bass fishing any day. I had a very good older friend that lived on the lake and would let me go fishing with a friend anytime I wanted. For about 10 years I probably went no less than once a week. (stress relieve) I love that lake and know every inch of it. (approx 400 acres) I moved to the hill country and got old and raised a cheerleaders and football player and lost contact with him and I am very sad for that. His name is Herman Crumpler. He would be very old by now, one of his sons who is a very good well known guide in Rock Port is doing well I have heard. His name is Robert.
Just wondering, do you live going towards Manor lake or back towards Columbia Lakes? Great back roads to take if your going back to Rosenberg area.

Saggy Aggie
04-06-2012, 10:18 PM
I live back past manor lake. Pecan bend south area this side of fm1462

slingshot
04-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Not sure where you're staying in San Saba... check out Burnham's Lodging. Super nice place. Pepperbelly's restaurant is right next door and is pretty good. Make sure and check out Mill Pond park too.

Tin Cup
04-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Fishing on a golf course is hard to beat. Lot of big fish

Gone Fishing
04-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Fishing on a golf course is hard to beat. Lot of big fish

I used to keep a real small spinning rod and reel in my golf bag and chunk out a small top water or crank bait when waiting. I know some killer golf course lakes and your right.

Gone Fishing
04-08-2012, 09:46 PM
I live back past manor lake. Pecan bend south area this side of fm1462

I got to fish Manor a couple of times and that was good too. You live in a neat area except for the bugs and alligators and a flood now and then. Lol Good fishing all around there. Columbia Lakes was a real fun golf course back in the day too. I had a couple of real good friends that either lived there or worked there.

buckeyebob
04-09-2012, 05:35 AM
Anyone ever go to the Lake in Lone Star or Hughes Springs?

Lone Star always seemed nasty to me...Daingerfield State Park has a very nice lake...used to go for the Submarine Races in the 60's.

Farmersfan
04-09-2012, 08:42 AM
I spent most of the days on Friday and Sunday on Lake Fork. They are just about to turn on big time. I caught just 10 on Friday with the biggest about 3lbs and 25 yesterday with several 7lbers. The wind is your friend!!!! (but I hate it)