PDA

View Full Version : State Championship site -- back to Cowboy Stadium?

pirate4state
04-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Per Carl Padilla's twitter feed: @padillapollState Championship games to be held at Cowboys Stadium in 2012 & 2013. Only the final details are being worked out before it is official.

:thinking:

Bullaholic
04-04-2012, 11:00 AM
'Bout time you put up a thread....:D

I know you are glad that the SC's will return to Cowboys Stadium, even though you have to drive a long ways.

Emerson1
04-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Woohoo! Sorry mom I may not be walking for graduation now.

Lion70
04-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Not that I didn't want it there but wasn't Alamo dome then relient supposed to have this game.

pirate4state
04-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Bull - you are right. It will make me happy. Hope it happens. Hanging out on the Riverwalk would be fun, but watching games in the Alamodome? Not so much.

Ville-D
04-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Sounds good to me... I'll go watch no matter where it is or who is playing, but closer is better.

Emerson1
04-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Not that I didn't want it there but wasn't Alamo dome then relient supposed to have this game.
Reliant won't have it until they get turf.

LionFan72
04-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Man oh man, dreams do come true, sometime! Cowboys stadium definitely has all there is to offer, space, parking, and the class of all fields. Although I did hear some grumbling about the "hardness" of the turf last two years. Still, a great venue for high school SC games.

Lion70
04-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Man oh man, dreams do come true, sometime! Cowboys stadium definitely has all there is to offer, space, parking, and the class of all fields. Although I did hear some grumbling about the "hardness" of the turf last two years. Still, a great venue for high school SC games.

got to man up there worse problems out there like strange runaway carts

LIONS#1
04-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Jerry's world is the Ideal place for Games!!

regaleagle
04-07-2012, 02:54 PM
It is the ultimate venue to celebrate some of the finest high school football in the nation, both for the teams and the fans. Glad to hear Jerryworld is the site again.

Ville-D
04-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Is it official yet?

YTBulldogs
04-08-2012, 04:34 AM
I agree, love watching them at Cowboy Stadium versus any other venue.

coach
04-08-2012, 12:46 PM
That stadium sucks. I hate it

Lion70
04-08-2012, 02:44 PM
That stadium sucks. I hate it

The quality of play may on sunday but Cowboys statium is a great venue.

Eagle 1
04-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Wait a minute. A few months ago some here were saying the state games were moving and wouldn't be at Cowboys stadium because that's what they heard on a tweet.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?116617-State-Finals-move-to-Alamodome

LOL. I know you are like 90, but I would believe a tweet for the Padilla Poll over Joe Blow for the Bumsville Gazzette.

Ok, so let me get this straight. The first tweet says they were moving the state games, and this was GOLD by some on here.
Now a second tweet says they are not moving the games, and you still think believe them?

Emerson1
04-08-2012, 05:24 PM
A tweet from Carl Padilla is gold. The UIL big wigs were obviously just trying to please fans in South Texas and make it fair for travel purposes. Then they realized San Antonio is a dump and so is that stadium and made the right call to move it back.

I'll also believe one of the leaders in HS football coverage Matt Stepp

Guys, I was with Padilla when he asked Dr. Breithupt about the locale next year and Dr. Breithupt said "we will probably move south next year" now that still leaves some interpretation but you can read between the lines here.

I talked to a couple of other unnamed UIL sources in the pressbox and the talk is there is pressure from schools and people of influence down south to move the games to San Antonio. The UIL does not believe the games in the Alamodome will bring anywhere close to the crowds that have been brough to Cowboys the last two years, but until they actually prove that point there will always be naysayers.

My guess is the UIL has it in San Antonio the next year or two and then once they see the crowds are not nearly as big they will move it back. Let's also remember the Alamodome is not nearly as nice for the teams (locker rooms suck), the fans (awful parking fewer ameneties) or the media (smaller pressbox means they will either limit credentials even more or have auxillary press seating). The ONLY advantage San Antonio has is their downtown area being good for the fans etc...

Nice try though. I'm still not sure why you think Carl Padilla and Matt Stepp know less then then a random guy at a newspaper.

Eagle 1
04-08-2012, 07:39 PM
I didn't say anything about a newspaper, you did.

I said:

I think the UIL won't announce anything until after the alignment in Feb. I'm sure they will weigh the pros and cons of having the games at Cowboy Stadium before they announce anything.
Is the Cowboys 2012 schedule out?
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?116617-State-Finals-move-to-Alamodome

The fact that the tweet was WRONG the first time only proves it's worth.
"Nice try though".

coach
04-08-2012, 09:47 PM
I was talking about Houston's pos stadium

Saggy Aggie
04-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I didn't say anything about a newspaper, you did.

I said:

The fact that the tweet was WRONG the first time only proves it's worth.
"Nice try though". yeah because it's completely impossible for the uil decision makers to change their minds. Padilla couldnt possibly just be reporting A change in plans. Clearly he's just unreliable

Eagle 1
04-09-2012, 08:45 PM
yeah because it's completely impossible for the uil decision makers to change their minds. Padilla couldnt possibly just be reporting A change in plans. Clearly he's just unreliable

There is NO proof that the UIL has/had decided on a site in the FIRST place.

movethechain
04-09-2012, 09:54 PM
I like Cowboys Stadium, but for everyone "trashing" on the Alamodome, just view the photo gallery, in the following link, of a former glory-dome and you will see that the Alamodome is in really good condition.

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2012/04/05/astrodome-worlds-8th-wonder-now-lies-abandoned-photos/

Anyone have a list of ST games played at the Astrodome over the years?

--

yellaseeker
04-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Look at it this way, if they play in Dallas stadium, Jerry Jones will get to see two great football teams on that field at the same time. Not something he sees all season. Lmao!

Emerson1
04-09-2012, 11:18 PM
There is NO proof that the UIL has/had decided on a site in the FIRST place.
That has nothing to do with the fact that you think Twitter isn't a realiable source. Despite the fact it came from Carl Padilla and that Matt Stepp(matthew328 in case you didn't know, the guy who is pretty much the leader in HS football and has connections everywhere) were both in the room when the conversation took place.

A twitter link? LOL.....yea that's a reliable source.

You are basically calling Matt Stepp a liar. Nice job.

Saggy Aggie
04-10-2012, 12:00 AM
That has nothing to do with the fact that you think Twitter isn't a realiable source. Despite the fact it came from Carl Padilla and that Matt Stepp(matthew328 in case you didn't know, the guy who is pretty much the leader in HS football and has connections everywhere) were both in the room when the conversation took place.

You are basically calling Matt Stepp a liar. Nice job. it's pretty obvious that eagle1 has no idea what the hell he's talking about.

This guy is questioning Padilla and Matt, the arguably 2 most informed hs football guys in Texas.

Matthew328
04-10-2012, 07:18 AM
The Alamodome is notoriously difficult to deal with, my guess is if the title games are in Arlington its because there was some conflict in San Antonio that could not be moved. Probably the big military ball that's there in December?

At the time of the Padilla tweet the comment from the UIL head honcho Briethupt (sp?) was "looks like we are moving south" it was assumed by all (self included) he meant San Antonio. It's been four months since that comment, could something have changed? Of course...

LionFan72
04-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Why has this simple forum degraded to a name calling, turd smelling debacle? C'mon UIL, weigh in and keep the games at Cowboys Stadium!

Emerson1
04-10-2012, 09:46 AM
The Alamodome is notoriously difficult to deal with, my guess is if the title games are in Arlington its because there was some conflict in San Antonio that could not be moved. Probably the big military ball that's there in December?

At the time of the Padilla tweet the comment from the UIL head honcho Briethupt (sp?) was "looks like we are moving south" it was assumed by all (self included) he meant San Antonio. It's been four months since that comment, could something have changed? Of course...

Nope. According to Eagle1 you are a list and have no idea what you are talking about. Especially now that you have your own twitter account!

Eagle 1
04-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Nope. According to Eagle1 you are a list and have no idea what you are talking about. Especially now that you have your own twitter account!

Can you show me where I said any of that or even insinuated that?
I questioned a twitter.
It don't matter to me who it was from. Like I said, the fact that the tweet was WRONG the first time only proves it's worth.
Now, your dismissed.

Matthew328
04-10-2012, 08:03 PM
In the twitter world, even "real reporters" are wrong a lot of the time..it happens..the goal is to be right a whole lot more than you are wrong...so far so good for me..hoping I can continue lol

Matthew328
04-10-2012, 08:06 PM
FWIW no one reported the title games were moving, it was posted as it looks like they are moving south...I posed it as a question on TOC...I did say it was my guess but that's hardly reporting it as fact

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=798&tid=151078256&mid=151078256&sid=984&style=2

Emerson1
04-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Can you show me where I said any of that or even insinuated that?
I questioned a twitter.
It don't matter to me who it was from. Like I said, the fact that the tweet was WRONG the first time only proves it's worth.
Now, your dismissed.
By saying that twitter isn't a reliable source you are insinuating that everything Matt Stepp tweets isn't worth a damn.

This is what you don't get. The tweet was 100% TRUE. The quote was TRUE. What do you not get about that? No one ever reported that it was 100% going to the Alamodome. Those with common sense came to the conclusion the Alamodome was the logical southern location.

Eagle 1
04-10-2012, 08:46 PM
By saying that twitter isn't a reliable source you are insinuating that everything Matt Stepp tweets isn't worth a damn.

This is what you don't get. The tweet was 100% TRUE. The quote was TRUE. What do you not get about that? No one ever reported that it was 100% going to the Alamodome. Those with common sense came to the conclusion the Alamodome was the logical southern location.

BS.....The first post 4 months ago said the games were moving to the Alamodome.

State Finals move to Alamodome

For next two years all Football State Championships will be in San Antonio at the Alamodome.
Sorry if this was posted earlier but I didn't see it.

Emerson1
04-10-2012, 08:52 PM
LOL seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Did Carl Padilla say that?

Did Matt Stepp say that?

Did anyone reliable say that?

No. Some random ass guy on a message board, lbjacj, came to that conclusion like the rest of us did once we saw the tweet. At no point was there a tweet by someone reliable saying that it would be the Alamodome.

Eagle 1
04-12-2012, 08:29 AM
LOL seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Did Carl Padilla say that?

Did Matt Stepp say that?

Did anyone reliable say that?

No. Some random ass guy on a message board, lbjacj, came to that conclusion like the rest of us did once we saw the tweet. At no point was there a tweet by someone reliable saying that it would be the Alamodome.

It doesn't matter who said it, you posted a twitter link that turned out to be wrong.

jason
04-12-2012, 08:38 AM
It doesn't matter who said it, you posted a twitter link that turned out to be wrong.the post was accurate at the time - it's not padillas fault people are realizing that the alamo dome is a crappy place for these games and considering changing locations

Saggy Aggie
04-12-2012, 08:44 AM
the post was accurate at the time - it's not padillas fault people are realizing that the alamo dome is a crappy place for these games and considering changing locations that's exactly what eagle1 doesn't realize.

The twitter link was accurate at the time because at that point it was planned to go south. Plans changed and updated tweet came out. Doesn't mean the first one was wrong.

It's really not that difficult. I think maybe it's just the TTU education?

jason
04-12-2012, 08:49 AM
that's exactly what eagle1 doesn't realize.

The twitter link was accurate at the time because at that point it was planned to go south. Plans changed and updated tweet came out. Doesn't mean the first one was wrong.

It's really not that difficult. I think maybe it's just the TTU education?

ha, i have no problems with tech - its just a prime example of why some old people should stay off the internet...

Saggy Aggie
04-12-2012, 09:36 AM
ha, i have no problems with tech - its just a prime example of why some old people should stay off the internet... lol I was just messing around with the tech thing. My best friend from HS goes there.

But seriously, the interwebs are tough.

Ville-D
04-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Twitter will never be as reliable as the newspaper....

http://emergingcritic.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/34569547.jpg

Or will it...?

Emerson1
04-12-2012, 10:05 AM
It doesn't matter who said it, you posted a twitter link that turned out to be wrong.

It wasn't wrong though. Did they misquote him or make up anything?

Nope. That's what I thought.

It's ok eagle1, one day you will beat me in a debate.

Bullaholic
04-12-2012, 10:32 AM
ha, i have no problems with tech - its just a prime example of why some old people should stay off the internet...

Yeah, well it's a good thing you said SOME old people, sonny---I invented the Internet---no, wait a sec, I think that was some old guy from Tenn. :D

Tejastrue
04-12-2012, 10:48 AM

Careful with the "old" comment..it will happen to you soon enough..Lol..

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4852557642531626&id=0d8b5636428b4a28372d141a4f9e7f0ehttp://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4638599564231637&id=828932a4a3905092dafd8496edb85655

Eagle 1
04-12-2012, 05:30 PM
It wasn't wrong though. Did they misquote him or make up anything?

Nope. That's what I thought.

It's ok eagle1, one day you will beat me in a debate.

How could it be right at the time when it was never set in stone by the UIL?

That's what I thought.

BTW, I assure you I'm not the oldest person the mb.

Emerson1
04-12-2012, 06:45 PM
How could it be right at the time when it was never set in stone by the UIL?

That's what I thought.

BTW, I assure you I'm not the oldest person the mb.

No one ever reported or tweeted "State Championships officially moving to San Antonio".

I am failing to see why you can't comprehend this.

JacketSwarm
04-12-2012, 06:47 PM
sounds good to me. cowboy stadium is a lot closer drive for me

Eagle 1
04-12-2012, 07:13 PM
No one ever reported or tweeted "State Championships officially moving to San Antonio".

I am failing to see why you can't comprehend this.

Do what?
Go back and read the thread. The lead post says the games are moving to the Alamodome and then later somebody asked for a link, you provided a tweet link to confirm it. I questioned you about the link as being reliable, and you swore it was reliable and as it turns out it was false.
You can try and spin it anyway you want, but the bottom line is the tweet was not accurate, therefore your informational link was useless.
However, I can comprehend why you don't understand this. Perhaps your condescending attitude won't let you admit your source was wrong.
Case closed.

pirate4state
04-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Jesus Christ yall are a bunch of douche bags. Shut up! {I mean this in the nicest way possible} :D :devil:

BEAST
04-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Jesus Christ yall are a bunch of douche bags. Shut up! {I mean this in the nicest way possible} :D :devil:

:ditto:

Give it a rest.

BEAST

Eagle 1
04-13-2012, 08:17 PM

If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/images/emots/devil.gif