PDA

View Full Version : IQ Testing

jdawg2012
04-04-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm looking for anywhere I can take an IQ test. It's hard to find because when you google it you get bombarded fake ones saying "Free IQ Test!" Does anyone have any info? I live in Jasper and would be willing to drive. Houston would be about my limit. (3 Hours)

Ville-D
04-04-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm looking for anywhere I can take an IQ test. It's hard to find because when you google it you get bombarded fake ones saying "Free IQ Test!" Does anyone have any info? I live in Jasper and would be willing to drive. Houston would be about my limit. (3 Hours)

try this:

http://goo.gl/e0Wgu

If you're age 21 or under, you can request one from the local school authority.

If you're older than that, you could contact the psychology department of any university and ask them. The students there who are learning how to give the tests always need test subjects. Or maybe one of the professors would do it for you, or could recommend you to somebody in private practice. Expect to pay for it if it's a professor or someone in private practice.

I don't know what you mean "authentic certificate". The tester might give you a result, but probably not tell you an exact number. IQ testing is not an exact science. Although it can be highly reliable, different testers can vary in their results because some of it is open to individual interpretation. Most likely, the tester will tell you "within the average range" or "within the above average range" or whatever applies. Or "the xth percentile". Something vague like that.

Unless you're trying to get into Mensa, there's not really a "need to know" one's IQ.

Manso/V8
04-29-2012, 01:52 AM

Why do you want to test your IQ?

The Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Assessment is a better predictor of job performance.

Old Tiger
04-29-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm looking for anywhere I can take an IQ test. It's hard to find because when you google it you get bombarded fake ones saying "Free IQ Test!" Does anyone have any info? I live in Jasper and would be willing to drive. Houston would be about my limit. (3 Hours)Whats your reasoning for wanting to take an IQ test, if you don't mind me asking.