PDA

View Full Version : Does Cuban have a plan?

Farmersfan
04-03-2012, 07:20 AM
I sure hope Mark Cuban has a plan for this upcoming offseason because this Mavericks team as currently made up is a big joke. I have seen a lot of moments of complete lack of enthusiasm and effort out of these guys. I'm thinking Lamar Odom and Vince Carter are having a "Tony Romo" effect on the rest of these guys. I could only stomach about 10 minutes of last nights complete and total domination by the Clippers and had to turn it off. The Mavs are only 1 game ahead of 2 teams in their division and the way they are playing these days they might not even make the playoffs...................... Please have a plan Cuban!

waterboy
04-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Yep, they really stunk it up last night. I just don't see the fire or hunger they showed last year. They've had a lot of injuries which doesn't help with continuity or chemistry, but that's no excuse for lack of effort and energy. If they don't pull it together real quick it'll be a first round exit in the playoffs.....IF they even make the playoffs. I said after they let Chandler and Barea go that they lost the presence in the middle, and the spark plug of energy that won them the championship last year. They also lost a lot of mental toughness and defense in losing Stevenson along with those two. I didn't have a problem losing Caron Butler because I knew he would likely move on anyway. Odom has been a major disappointment, and Carter provides some offensive punch at times but is inconsistent. I do like the addition of Delonte West, but injuries has limited his impact. The five position has been the most glaring weakness in my opinion. If Haywood could be a better free throw shooter it would help. Mahinmi is a little too light for that position and hasn't learned his role. Wright is not really much different than Mahinmi, but I'd like to see him play more. I don't see Wright as a true center, however, but I do like his intensity.

IF the Mavericks are going to be a contender, they will have to step it up a BUNCH to have any shot to make any noise. Wow, what a difference a year makes.

Farmersfan
04-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Yep, they really stunk it up last night. I just don't see the fire or hunger they showed last year. They've had a lot of injuries which doesn't help with continuity or chemistry, but that's no excuse for lack of effort and energy. If they don't pull it together real quick it'll be a first round exit in the playoffs.....IF they even make the playoffs. I said after they let Chandler and Barea go that they lost the presence in the middle, and the spark plug of energy that won them the championship last year. They also lost a lot of mental toughness and defense in losing Stevenson along with those two. I didn't have a problem losing Caron Butler because I knew he would likely move on anyway. Odom has been a major disappointment, and Carter provides some offensive punch at times but is inconsistent. I do like the addition of Delonte West, but injuries has limited his impact. The five position has been the most glaring weakness in my opinion. If Haywood could be a better free throw shooter it would help. Mahinmi is a little too light for that position and hasn't learned his role. Wright is not really much different than Mahinmi, but I'd like to see him play more. I don't see Wright as a true center, however, but I do like his intensity.

IF the Mavericks are going to be a contender, they will have to step it up a BUNCH to have any shot to make any noise. Wow, what a difference a year makes.

I agree. And a lot of the big difference in this season and last season are the SAME PLAYERS from last season. Even Dirk seems to be of a different mentality. I watched him hit a game winning shot with that fall away one legged shot to salvage a win against the Magic the other night and he runs down the court with his tongue hanging out in a completely ridiculous display of arrogance and showing off. And that shot was only about 40 seconds after he had just shot a complete air ball that never touched the rim! How are you showing off on a shot 40 seconds after shooting a air ball? Seriously? This team has an identity problem. The returning players seem to have gained an air of expectation and the new players are just a bunch of journeymen who have spent their careers going where the money is. It might not be a popular thought or even make sense to some of you guys but I think in order for this team to have taken the needed step up in intensity Lamar Odom should have been cut already. A statement needed to be made. It's my opinion that cutting Lamar would have been addition by substraction. Lamar Odom is a attitude cancer that no team needs. I guess making the playoffs should be a logical goal for this team considering who they lost but I can't help it's all for naught. Whoever they play in the first round is likely to spank them easily. but the same thing was said about last season's team too. Let's keep the faith!

Txbroadcaster
04-03-2012, 09:49 AM
I agree. And a lot of the big difference in this season and last season are the SAME PLAYERS from last season. Even Dirk seems to be of a different mentality. I watched him hit a game winning shot with that fall away one legged shot to salvage a win against the Magic the other night and he runs down the court with his tongue hanging out in a completely ridiculous display of arrogance and showing off. And that shot was only about 40 seconds after he had just shot a complete air ball that never touched the rim! How are you showing off on a shot 40 seconds after shooting a air ball? Seriously? This team has an identity problem. The returning players seem to have gained an air of expectation and the new players are just a bunch of journeymen who have spent their careers going where the money is. It might not be a popular thought or even make sense to some of you guys but I think in order for this team to have taken the needed step up in intensity Lamar Odom should have been cut already. A statement needed to be made. It's my opinion that cutting Lamar would have been addition by substraction. Lamar Odom is a attitude cancer that no team needs. I guess making the playoffs should be a logical goal for this team considering who they lost but I can't help it's all for naught. Whoever they play in the first round is likely to spank them easily. but the same thing was said about last season's team too. Let's keep the faith!

HE HIT THE GAME WINNER and he walked down the court with his tongue out...how dare he lol..He always domes something like that when he hits a big shot....Does not matter if he had an airball, game winning shot trumps all

I do think Odom is an issue, but you mentioned Carter earlier, all accounts he has been a great teammate

As far as a plan, it has been no secret that the plan all along was to go after Dwill and or Howard in off season.

buff4ever
04-03-2012, 10:01 AM
I sure hope Mark Cuban has a plan for this upcoming offseason because this Mavericks team as currently made up is a big joke. I have seen a lot of moments of complete lack of enthusiasm and effort out of these guys. I'm thinking Lamar Odom and Vince Carter are having a "Tony Romo" effect on the rest of these guys. I could only stomach about 10 minutes of last nights complete and total domination by the Clippers and had to turn it off. The Mavs are only 1 game ahead of 2 teams in their division and the way they are playing these days they might not even make the playoffs...................... Please have a plan Cuban!

Tone Romo Effect.....that's funny right thar.

Farmersfan
04-03-2012, 01:42 PM
HE HIT THE GAME WINNER and he walked down the court with his tongue out...how dare he lol..He always domes something like that when he hits a big shot....Does not matter if he had an airball, game winning shot trumps all

I do think Odom is an issue, but you mentioned Carter earlier, all accounts he has been a great teammate

As far as a plan, it has been no secret that the plan all along was to go after Dwill and or Howard in off season.

Acting like a total and complete buffoon because you made up for a earlier failure on a high percentage shot is not my idea of acceptable. And Dirks humility has always been his only real endearing feature. But to each his own......

I have heard a lot of media talk about Cuban's plans but really nothing from Cuban himself. Except for his insistence that the "New Mavs" will be salary cap friendly. What is your opinion of Cuban not giving J.Terry a new contract? It sounds like JET is talking a lot about his contract situation. Do you think JET could be having a negative effect in the lockerroom?

Txbroadcaster
04-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Acting like a total and complete buffoon because you made up for a earlier failure on a high percentage shot is not my idea of acceptable. And Dirks humility has always been his only real endearing feature. But to each his own......

I have heard a lot of media talk about Cuban's plans but really nothing from Cuban himself. Except for his insistence that the "New Mavs" will be salary cap friendly. What is your opinion of Cuban not giving J.Terry a new contract? It sounds like JET is talking a lot about his contract situation. Do you think JET could be having a negative effect in the lockerroom?

Cuban cant say anything because it would be tampering...no I dont think JET does, he has talked in past and it had no impact...this is not about attitude or locker room..this is about an older team in a shortened season without the depth they had last year...This was basically a we will pass on this year to be able to get cap room to be a force again next year and years beyond..Terry will be 35 when next season starts..it is time to make some tough choices.

And I saw nothing with Dirk sticking his tongue out not being humble, it was more like hell yea...not being humble would be him pointing to himself while running away from teamates..he did neither..he stuck his tongue out and then was mobbed by team when game was over