PDA

View Full Version : golf cart batteries

jason
04-02-2012, 09:00 PM
anybody ever installed a battery gauge in a golf cart??

shopping for cart batteries if anybody knows somebody who can get them wholesale...

1st and goal
04-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Sam's club has cheapest price I know of at $78 apiece for 6v. But they are not as good as the Trojan T-105's which are $125 each about.

My cart needs 'em too. Having to drive the Deere Gator a instead.

jason
04-02-2012, 09:29 PM
i need 8v...
a guy i play golf with said that sams has some interstate batteries for fairly cheap so going to check this weekend...
if that doesnt work out, a girl my wife works with has a brother in law who owns a battery place here in stephenville...

1st and goal
04-02-2012, 09:36 PM
i need 8v...
a guy i play golf with said that sams has some interstate batteries for fairly cheap so going to check this weekend...
if that doesnt work out, a girl my wife works with has a brother in law who owns a battery place here in stephenville...

There you go again trying to convince us a woman would actually marry you....jk

:p

Old Green
04-02-2012, 10:34 PM
The last batteries I bought for my Golf cart cost me $ 600 dollars at the local golf cart shop.

hookandladder
04-03-2012, 06:04 AM
If you have a local Golf car dealer you may want to ask them about used batteries, most Golf courses around Austin area change out their batteries every 2 years. I have bought many of them at less then half price and still get 3 to 4 years out of them, Kenfield Golf Cars in Austin sells used batteries. The gauge is pretty simple, normally two wires positive and negative and just use Volt meter to find 8vts and connect on. Good Luck.

Farmersfan
04-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Sams club in McKinney has a huge display of golf Cart batteries on sale right in front of the tire/battery dept. I didn't pay much attention but I'm thinking they were marked at about 70.00 each...........

scrub c
04-04-2012, 05:04 PM
I have the Sams batteries in my ezgo... they are 2008's and still going strong (knock on wood). They are the Powerfast made by interstate. I think the ones in sams now are energizers.

zebrablue2
04-04-2012, 06:52 PM
I have the Sams batteries in my ezgo... they are 2008's and still going strong (knock on wood). They are the Powerfast made by interstate. I think the ones in sams now are energizers.

Mine were Oct 2007. When they start to go,:doh: The summer heat will take its toll!!!