View Full Version : Check out #6!

oldtownag
04-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Notice anything?

http://v4.texags.com/Premium/Recruits/Football/2013/TexAgsTop

:cool::cool::cool:

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Remember a while back we were talking about black people being more athletic than white people. i couldnt help but notice the race of the top 10 on this list.

zebrablue2
04-02-2012, 09:01 PM
:2thumbsup

Ville-D
04-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Finding Golden
All those coaching moves are pretty important, but the player transfer we have to digest today could be more impactful for 2012. The Longview News Journal's Gabe Brooks, citing Taylor Hamm at 247Sports, says Elysian Fields DT Isaiah Golden, an A&M pledge, has transferred to Carthage. Now, normally we don't get into player switches too much, as there's too many to really keep track of and it feels too much like free agency if we sit here and report every move. But Golden might be the top defensive player in Texas, and at the 2A and 3A levels, Big 12 defensive tackles don't grow on trees. With Golden, Elysian Fields was being looked at as a potential regional favorite. Now his skills are in Carthage. He's big, he's quick, and, most importantly, he's aggressive. He gets after it. He hits everything that moves. He's relentless. That's a must for a college recruit. But it's a huge difference maker in the high school ranks.
Elysian Fields, which played in a title game in 2007, is a fine program. One that can win a state championship, without question. But if you're family has to move in small-town East Texas, it's tough to find a better draw than Carthage right now. The Bulldogs won three straight state titles between 2008 and 2010, and narrowly lost to the team that narrowly lost the DII title in 2011. And, believe it or not, Scott Surratt's squad is loaded again for 2012, even without Golden. Offensive stars Blake Bogenschutz (QB) and Tevin Pipkin (RB) were both just sophomores in 2011, and Trent Jackson, who moonlighted as a short-yadage back while excelling at linebacker, returns for his senior year. Mario McCain and K'Aelin Ware, both first team all-district picks, returning on the defensive line. Add Golden to that 4-3 mix, and you have a nightmare of a team. Again. Class 3A, you're on watch.
Carthage is back in the saddle once again.

waterboy
04-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Nice recruit, Coach Surratt.:D Wasn't he kicked off the Elysian Fields football team?

MGAR
04-03-2012, 08:18 AM
Nice recruit, Coach Surratt.:D Wasn't he kicked off the Elysian Fields football team?
:cool:

waterboy
04-03-2012, 08:58 AM
:cool:
:1popcorn::stirpot::D

jdawg2012
04-03-2012, 06:51 PM
He's 6'2"? :evilgrin:

bobcat1
04-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Congrats to him. #20 is great kid.

MGAR
04-03-2012, 10:10 PM
He's 6'2"? :evilgrin:

His listed weight is also off, by 24 pounds.

Z-RO
04-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Tyrone Swoopes ***** on Rivals but is #8 on this list............No Aggie bias at all.:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
04-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Liucci is a tool.

orange machine
04-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Swoops measurments are off also he is not 6'5 more like 6'1 to 6'3 and he does not weigh 225 he is 210 at best and im not sure he is that big.

Old Tiger
04-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Swoops measurments are off also he is not 6'5 more like 6'1 to 6'3 and he does not weigh 225 he is 210 at best and im not sure he is that big.At the NFTC Swoopes measured in at

6'4-1/2" 224 lbs

Saw him at the Texas spring game and he was pretty dang tall.

Ville-D
04-04-2012, 01:18 PM
At the NFTC Swoopes measured in at

6'4-1/2" 224 lbs

Saw him at the Texas spring game and he was pretty dang tall.

I saw him at the Regional Basketball tournament and I'd say he is at least 6'4"

gatordaze
04-04-2012, 04:37 PM
So if you want to transfer to a school that has a shot at winning a championship you just need to punch your coach and get expelled? Cool

ctown81
04-04-2012, 05:04 PM

If the UIL is cool with it, I am cool with it. :cool:

MGAR
04-04-2012, 09:48 PM
If the UIL is cool with it, I am cool with it. :cool:

That's not saying much.. UIL is "cool" with Prime Prep Academy competing under UIL.

Ville-D
04-04-2012, 10:34 PM
So if you want to transfer to a school that has a shot at winning a championship you just need to punch your coach and get expelled? Cool

Wow, sounds like a real top notch citizen. Good luck with that.

Tejastrue
04-04-2012, 11:06 PM
I played for a coach that would love to talk a lot trash to the guys and use the "I'm a tough guy" approach and on occassion would dare us, if we thought we were man enough, to take our best shot. It wasn't until a few years after graduation I came across a guy who said he played for him at his school in which the coach had taken a new job there. He continued to use that approach and somebody finally took him up on his offer and layed him out. I guess what I'm saying is, I get it as to why a young man just might do this. Not condoning it, just giving an example as to why it might happen.

Crow22
04-05-2012, 05:30 AM
I played for a coach that would love to talk a lot trash to the guys and use the "I'm a tough guy" approach and on occassion would dare us, if we thought we were man enough, to take our best shot. It wasn't until a few years after graduation I came across a guy who said he played for him at his school in which the coach had taken a new job there. He continued to use that approach and somebody finally took him up on his offer and layed him out. I guess what I'm saying is, I get it as to why a young man just might do this. Not condoning it, just giving an example as to why it might happen.

Good point.....either that or maybe the kid's a piece of crap who has gotten away with being a piece of crap because he's good at football.

MGAR
04-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Good point.....either that or maybe the kid's a piece of crap who has gotten away with being a piece of crap because he's good at football.

That could be the case, could be most cases but in the situation the kid didn't get away with stuff at his former school.

waterboy
04-05-2012, 08:56 AM
That could be the case, could be most cases but in the situation the kid didn't get away with stuff at his former school.
That's not the reason the EF kid got kicked off the team, is it? He didn't assault a coach, right? I thought it was something else.

MGAR
04-05-2012, 09:13 AM
That's not the reason the EF kid got kicked off the team, is it? He didn't assault a coach, right? I thought it was something else.

Couple of reasons... Not gonna put them on the internet per Coach Kings request.

ctown81
04-05-2012, 09:13 AM
That's not saying much.. UIL is "cool" with Prime Prep Academy competing under UIL.

I'm actually cool with that one too. I have a second interview with them next week lol.

I get what you're saying though.

ctown81
04-05-2012, 09:17 AM

I don't think this guy hit his coach from what I heard but it wouldn't surprise me. A lot of these small towns give head coaches too much leeway on how they treat the players as long as they are winning i.e. Varsity Blues. When I hear of a kid striking the coach i ALWAYS want to hear both sides of the story.

I even know of a certain coach who I had seen with my own eyes throwing away college letters addressed to certain players, if was as if he did not want them to succeed at all.

waterboy
04-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Couple of reasons... Not gonna put them on the internet per Coach Kings request.
Gotcha, and I can respect that. After all, we are talking about a teenager. He will get a second chance to prove himself at Carthage, and has a MUCH better chance at getting a ring on top of it.