PDA

View Full Version : Continued prayers please

YTBulldogs
03-31-2012, 01:33 PM
Please continued praying for my wife (Missy). She did have crohns surgery 5 weeks ago as scheduled. But, her bowel ruptured 4 days later and she's been in ICU at Seton Medical Center in Austin since.

We have been up and down on her chances, and she continues to fight hard. Infections is our main issues and pneumonia that has formed in her lungs. Through it all, GOD has blessed us still. I see them blessings daily in the worst of times.

As I type this, she's had her best day. But, as in the past, it could change in a matter of hours. I have faith, she'll pull through. Your prayers are so helpful and assuring.

Sorry for the delay in updating, but--I'm doing good just remembering what day it is at times. This little break away from ICU just to chat, has done me good.

Thanks 3ADL Family,

Larry (YT Bulldogs)

ronwx5x
03-31-2012, 01:48 PM
I am retired and volunteer two days per week in the ICU Waiting Room at a hospital nearby. I know how hard those nurses and doctors (especially nurses) work to help patients and how kind they are to relatives and friends.

I did say a prayer and believe me, I understand how hard it is on those who feel helpless to do anything except wait.

regaleagle
03-31-2012, 05:10 PM
My prayers are sent up for you and your family YT. I lost my wife 3 yrs ago, so I'm pulling for the both of you. May God extend strength and his healing hand to Missy, and to you also. Amen.

OldNavy
03-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Prayers for sterngth, confort and healing.

bobcat1
03-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Prayers said for you and your wife Larry.

yellaseeker
03-31-2012, 10:28 PM
Prayers sent for your wife and the family as well. Keep the faith brother and I pray that recovery comes speedy for her.

Phil C
03-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Prayers from Sinton for a complete recovery.

Tejastrue
03-31-2012, 11:11 PM
Heartfelt prayers from Wimberley...

Yoe_09
03-31-2012, 11:15 PM
Prayers from Cameron on a complete recovery.

Bullaholic
04-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Prayers from Bull Country for you wife's speedy and quick recovery, YTB. Glad to hear that she made some progress---that is a good sign in ICU.

Some of the best words I ever read for the times in life when things are rough:

FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints.
Other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life
When I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord, "You promised me, Lord,
That if I followed you, you would walk with me always.
But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
There have only been one set of prints in the sand.
Why, When I have needed you most, you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints
Is when I carried you."

44INAROW
04-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Larry - so sorry your wife has been so ill - I was wondering where you'd been. Please know you've got some prayers from Cuero.. Please let us know how she is doing :)

Roughneck93
04-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Thoughts and prayers sent your way YTB.

MUSTANG69
04-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Prayers sent from Ingleside

big daddy russ
04-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Prayers from Addicks.

Let's keep this thread towards the top of the front page. And Larry, I know life's pretty hectic right now, but please keep us posted whenever you get a chance. I feel like I know everyone who spends considerable time here on the Downlow, so I feel like you're part of my inner circle I'm pulling for you. I will continue to send prayers your way.

Old Green
04-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Prayers sent your way YTB.

Prayers from the Ville

zebrablue2
04-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Prayers said and sent from Bellville!!!

1st and goal
04-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Larry, I'm about to say my bedtime prayers and will include your wife and her medical team. (and your family too).

CheerMom
04-03-2012, 10:06 AM
So sorry to hear of your wife's illness...prayers being said for a full recovery....

Saggy Aggie
04-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Prayers for you and your wife.

Pudlugger
04-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Prayers sent from La Grange.

Bullaholic
04-04-2012, 09:00 AM
How is your wife doing, YTB? Much better, I hope.

Gontex
04-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I must admit that I am rather pleasantly surprised to find a community of faith on this board. It's very nice though. Prayers are going to the great Physician in the sky to heal Missy. Take care of yourself too YTB.

LH Panther Mom
04-04-2012, 07:32 PM
You are both in my prayers.

big daddy russ
04-12-2012, 12:55 AM
ttt

Anyone heard any news?

YTBulldogs
04-13-2012, 06:24 AM
Missy has been in and out of ICU twice since the bowel rupture. Been in Seton Hospital since Feb 28th. She is currently out of ICU, and recovering on the IMC floor. The wound is still open and they say it must heal from the inside out. A vacuum type bandage device is being used on the incision, with a bandage changing occurring daily and times every other day, with tissue being removed around incision.

Missy is having two procedures done this morning to try and remove some infection pockets that have recently formed deeper in abdomen and to remove some contrast dye (that was being used when the rupture occurred). She has sustained infection in several areas, and is kicking it's butt time after time. She is such a fighter and my true hero.

I just returned to work this past Weds. I'm a career paramedic/firefighter. Had 8 years at Yoakum Fire Department, then in 1995, I went to work for the Victoria Fire Department. Until this past November, when I returned to Yoakum to finish my career, where it had begun. Plus, easier to see my 17 year old son play for the Bulldogs. With the recent move back to YFD, I had to execute a 6 month probation period before using sick leave/vacation time. The City of Yoakum has been great. Though I wasn't getting paid, they didn't run me off either, since I was with Missy before the probation period was met. Only have to go to October to be eligible to retire (25 years in system). With a City like this one, and how they treated me and my family, I plan on doing another 10 years with them. I'm just 48 years old. Thank you City of Yoakum and fellow firefighters who have helped me during this scary trying time.

If procedures goes well this morning with Missy, I plan on attending the Yoakum/Cuero baseball game tonight and maybe a meal at Don Bravo's? I'm so sick of hamburgers and hospital food. Her mother will be staying with her while I work my shift at the station.

Sorry for the delay in updating, but--it's been such a roller coaster health wise with Missy. One good day, then another infection occurs and it starts all over treatment wise. They expect her to remain till mid May into June. She'll also need another surgery 6 months after she's released for a hernia that occurred after the bowel rupture.

Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers 3ADL Family. It's very assuring.

1st and goal
04-13-2012, 06:38 AM
Prayers still coming.

44INAROW
04-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Continued prayers for Missy - hope the procedure is successful this morning... :cool:

Bullaholic
04-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Prayers from Bull Country that the Lord has more work for your wife to do, YTB. Sounds like the "downs" of the roller coaster ride she is on healthwise are less deep...and that is good news. I pray that she will be able to get these things behind her and return home to you and your family soon, and enjoy the full quality of life with all of you that comes with the precious gift of good health. Hang in there through the storms and wait for the sun to shine....May God Bless and Keep You All....

CheerMom
04-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Prayers continuing.....

LionFan72
04-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery!

YTBulldogs
04-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Missy began eating "real" food 2 days ago. Small portions, but--that's a first since Feb 28th. She is still being supplemented via the feeding tube. The NG tube has been removed and one of 6 abdomen stint infection lines removed. The other 5 imbedded lines are clearing up daily. They are drawing and growing cultures daily to get the proper antibiotic to fight these infections.

Missy is now working with a PT and finally setting up for an hour in the chair and walking small distances. She did fall yesterday. Luckily no injuries sustain. She has been feeling her best the past week, and thought she could endure a further walk, but---we need to take it a tad slower.

If we can get to the place where she can take a steaming hot shower, I know it would do her a world of good. Women love those things, I know. LOL. We are making positive progress and looking for a mid May/early June release if no more setbacks occur.

Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers 3ADL'ers. We've been blessed even in a bad situation like this. We have a awesome loving GOD. The power of prayer is tremendous.

44INAROW
04-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Missy began eating "real" food 2 days ago. Small portions, but--that's a first since Feb 28th. She is still being supplemented via the feeding tube. The NG tube has been removed and one of 6 abdomen stint infection lines removed. The other 5 imbedded lines are clearing up daily. They are drawing and growing cultures daily to get the proper antibiotic to fight these infections.

Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers 3ADL'ers. We've been blessed even in a bad situation like this. We have a awesome loving GOD. The power of prayer is tremendous.

sounds like things are moving along in a positive direction!! Getting that NG tube out is HUGE - hopefully she's able to get up and chase you around the halls in no time! continued prayers for recovery.. and yes, I bet she is anxious for a nice, hot, hot shower... :)

YTBulldogs
04-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Missy's friends have set up a benefit for her on Saturday, May 19th. This 4 person scramble golf tournament is one of the events scheduled that day.

It will be on Saturday, May 19th at the Yoakum Golf Course. Start time is 9AM. $50 per person entry fee. If interested, contact Wayne Ramert at 361-293-1487, or email him at wayne.ramert@atkinsglobal.com. He's heading the event up for the benefit and has all the details in regards. We made the tee time early, so teams in playoffs can still make their games hopefully.

We are having a dinner/dance/auction after the tournament at the Yoakum Gin. Great time in good old Yoakum if ya'll are available.