PDA

View Full Version : Argyle advances in boys 4a soccer playoffs

regaleagle
03-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Argyle's Boys soccer team, the 4th team in district 11-4a, upset the district 12-4a champion Azle yesterday in the 3rd overtime shoot-out 3-2 to win the bi-district contest. They advance to the next round to face Gainesville, who drew a bye because there was no district team that aligned with them in boys soccer.

OldNavy
03-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Argyle's Boys soccer team, the 4th team in district 11-4a, upset the district 12-4a champion Azle yesterday in the 3rd overtime shoot-out 3-2 to win the bi-district contest. They advance to the next round to face Gainesville, who drew a bye because there was no district team that aligned with them in boys soccer.

Is soccer the game where there is a little contact and a player acts like they have compound fractures and is in the most unbelievable pain, then, miraculously, they recover until the next little contact? What is interesting is all that mayhem and never even any blood. Curious sport.

bigwood33
03-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Is soccer the game where there is a little contact and a player acts like they have compound fractures and is in the most unbelievable pain, then, miraculously, they recover until the next little contact? What is interesting is all that mayhem and never even any blood. Curious sport.
That is certainly the version that is played in the international game :cool:

turbostud
03-31-2012, 08:28 PM
I have never been to a high school soccer game. Does all that acting go on in High School games too?

bigwood33
03-31-2012, 08:30 PM
I have never been to a high school soccer game.
And why would you unless you are suffering from insomnia?

turbostud
03-31-2012, 08:32 PM
And why would you unless you are suffering from insomnia?

I wouldnt make it 5 minutes.

bigwood33
03-31-2012, 08:36 PM
I wouldnt make it 5 minutes.
I agree completely! :ditto:

regaleagle
03-31-2012, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't classify it as a spectator sport, but some of the other nations of the world are just rabid over it. I just don't get it I guess. I understand the game, but I don't get all the fan fights and enormous crowds so involved when they could have real football instead.