PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Football Season Wishes\Expectations?

Bullaholic
03-29-2012, 10:40 AM
What are you most looking forward to seeing or happening for the coming 2012 HS football season?

For Me:

1. The return of many regulars (especially the ladies) and addition of many new faces on the 3ADL and more posters from teams that do not now have any.

2. Seeing if Stevenville lives up to pre-season expectations during the season.

3. Having the Ville(s) and the rest of the Stephenville gang find Rocket again on the 3ADL. :D

4. Sweetwater and Vernon return to their winning traditions, with Sweetwater being competitive with Snyder again.

5. Celina in D2 for the playoffs and matched against some of the traditional powers end up going D2 like Brownwood or Carthage.

6. Watching a "darkhorse" make a run in the playoffs and some teams playing each other who have never met.

7. Listening to TXB and G2 on "Sideline to Sideline" with maybe a few more coach guest spots and more inquiries from 3ADL posters.

8. The cost of gas going down. High gas prices are hurtful to the fans who have to travel a good distance and make the away games.

9. More fans posting score updates on more teams on the "Friday Night Rivals" app and on the 3ADL.

10. Stadiums adding guest Wi-Fi pops in the pressboxes to allow high speed Internet access from the stands.

What are your wishes and expectations? (If we can't get a huge number of posts on this one---we might as well all go back to sleep. :D)

Ville-D
03-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Nice List. I'll have to put some thought into it and try to add some.

Txbroadcaster
03-29-2012, 10:59 AM
We are getting new equipment, so I am looking forward to G and I working with radio studio quality on our weekly show...also looking forward to the plan we are trying to implement on GOTW( basically all 3A)

44INAROW
03-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Nice list Bull - I am looking forward to Cuero getting back to a winning tradition in football. :cheerl:

Lion70
03-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Wishes Henderson
1.win State & District of Doom : probably make it past area
2. Kilgore to go 0-10 : probably get 2nd
3. Beat Alvarado : assuming they make it
4. Ville to lose in the playoffs : It should happen
5. Having more Henderson folks on here : hope so
6. Get a New Statium : good luck with that
7. Gas prices to go down. : again good luck
8. Aggies win SeC & National Championship : maybe on xbox
9. Rangers finally win the Series : their run may be over
10. Cowboys win the Superbowl. : Lets not kidourselfs my Ags got a better shot @ the SEC.

Txbroadcaster
03-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Wishes Henderson
1.win State & District of Doom : probably make it past area
2. Kilgore to go 0-10 : probably get 2nd
3. Beat Alvarado : assuming they make it
4. Ville to lose in the playoffs : It should happen
5. Having more Henderson folks on here : hope so
6. Get a New Statium : good luck with that
7. Gas prices to go down. : again good luck
8. Aggies win SeC & National Championship : maybe on xbox
9. Rangers finally win the Series : their run may be over
10. Cowboys win the Superbowl. : Lets not kidourselfs my Ags got a better shot @ the SEC.

I would say the Rangers run is just starting

HEMOTOXIC
03-29-2012, 12:03 PM
After 5 straight losses in the State Quarterfinals, I wish that the Navasota Rattlers finally get past the QF's on to winning a state championship!!

Gsquared
03-29-2012, 12:19 PM
After 5 straight losses in the State Quarterfinals, I wish that the Navasota Rattlers finally get past the QF's on to winning a state championship!!
I CANNOT wait to see Navasota this year!

Bullaholic
03-29-2012, 12:29 PM

Give it up, G2---those Navasota folks ain't going to spring for dinner just because you come watch the Rattlers.....:D

Gsquared
03-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Give it up, G2---those Navasota folks ain't going to spring for dinner just because you come watch the Rattlers.....:D
Dang it Bull, you blew my plan up AGAIN!

Pendragon13
03-29-2012, 02:27 PM
1. The Wylie Bulldogs return to the way things were going in the first decade of the 21st century..
2. A lot of things others have mentioned
3. ...

Txbroadcaster
03-29-2012, 03:12 PM
I want more people to like us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/groups/196051347116107/#!/pages/Sideline-To-Sideline-The-Class-3A-Show/173097212777541
and follow us on twitter @grantandTerry

HEMOTOXIC
03-29-2012, 03:14 PM

Hopefully, we will no disappoint. I hear that Coldspring is on our schedule. Maybe you can come check out that game.

defense51
03-29-2012, 04:17 PM
1. Would love to see my son start at defensive end as a sophomore- coaches have hinted it's his spot.
2. Another deep run in the playoffs
3. More old school smash mouth running offenses
4. Fewer injuries, especially concussions
5. A couple of cinderella teams always make the playoffs exciting
6. An all-state kicker for the Indians would be sweet!
7. I too would love to see the Aggies be competitive in the SEC
8. Last but not least, the Cowboys administer the fountain of youth to Roger Staubach, and he returns to lead them to a super bowl victory.

buckeyebob
03-30-2012, 05:46 AM
What are you most looking forward to seeing or happening for the coming 2012 HS football season?

For Me:

1. The return of many regulars (especially the ladies) and addition of many new faces on the 3ADL and more posters from teams that do not now have any.

2. Seeing if Stevenville lives up to pre-season expectations during the season.

3. Having the Ville(s) and the rest of the Stephenville gang find Rocket again on the 3ADL. :D

4. Sweetwater and Vernon return to their winning traditions, with Sweetwater being competitive with Snyder again.

5. Celina in D2 for the playoffs and matched against some of the traditional powers end up going D2 like Brownwood or Carthage.

6. Watching a "darkhorse" make a run in the playoffs and some teams playing each other who have never met.

7. Listening to TXB and G2 on "Sideline to Sideline" with maybe a few more coach guest spots and more inquiries from 3ADL posters.

8. The cost of gas going down. High gas prices are hurtful to the fans who have to travel a good distance and make the away games.

9. More fans posting score updates on more teams on the "Friday Night Rivals" app and on the 3ADL.

10. Stadiums adding guest Wi-Fi pops in the pressboxes to allow high speed Internet access from the stands.

What are your wishes and expectations? (If we can't get a huge number of posts on this one---we might as well all go back to sleep. :D)

Good luck on #10...it is amazing how little is available in the press box, much less the stands...Firewalls at schools are bad-a$$

buckeyebob
03-30-2012, 05:49 AM

Good luck...look forward to 2017...maybe by then, District of Doom Teams are wore out and ready for a rest from SC Games.

GrTigers6
03-30-2012, 07:45 AM
1. Looking forward to the tigers season this year to see how they follow up from last season.
2. Start officiating on a crew this fall for the first time. Looking forward to that experience!
3. Looking forward to having an open nest at the house. I love my kids but its time to live again.
4. Looking forward to Cowboys and Rangers with World championships, If not this year maybe someday!

Gone Fishing
03-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Wishing for a Wimberley Texan repeat...

ctown81
03-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Carthage vs Stephenville

regaleagle
03-30-2012, 10:13 PM
It would be fantastic if Argyle and Celina met in Week 10 undefeated with the District 10 championship on the line. I really don't expect for Argyle to be undefeated at that point, but it would make the meeting more meaningful on a larger scale.

defense51
03-31-2012, 01:18 AM
Carthage vs Stephenville Schedule it on a Saturday so I can attend.

ctown81
03-31-2012, 09:36 AM
It would be fantastic if Argyle and Celina met in Week 10 undefeated with the District 10 championship on the line. I really don't expect for Argyle to be undefeated at that point, but it would make the meeting more meaningful on a larger scale.

I would definitely attend that game on my way to windstar.

bobcat1
03-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Oh just #9.

regaleagle
03-31-2012, 12:53 PM
We will have you guys circled on our calendar, believe me. We may not be undefeated at that time, but it will be our 10th game of the season, and we will be ready to rumble.

A year with no players suffering severe injuries or death on the field. And everyone go home safe and healthy.

COBRAFOOTBALL
03-31-2012, 11:50 PM
1. Indians to take the next step. 2010 Semi Finals loss to Henderson. 2011 State D1 runner up to CH. 2012 State Champions?
2. My son to follow up a great season by Wayne Onderdonk's 3000 yd rushing season. And Maybe get that for himself..
3. Alvarado upset Ville and slow down the HYPE.
4. Meet more people off 3A DL at the games.

SHSBulldog00
04-02-2012, 01:15 AM
The matchup everyone in the Houston area talked about in the '97 4A playoff's that didn't happen.

Sweeny vs. La Marque

Players are different but the two traditions collide Oct 12th at Etheredge Stadium

waterboy
04-02-2012, 07:41 AM
A year with NO major injuries.