PDA

View Full Version : Universal Health Care in Canada

Matthew328
03-28-2012, 04:38 PM
I think I'm going to be an interesting case study on how this works...I'm going to go into my move to Canada with an open mind about the health care and see how it all works out...will be interesting for sure..

Phil C
03-28-2012, 08:25 PM
My urologist is from Canada and he told me a horror story about his father in law in Canada. He had a broken rib and he went in there on a Friday afternoon near closing time and they told him to come back Monday morning. He got there and they didn't have time to get to him and told him to come back the next day. This went on until Friday and it looked like the same thing was going to happen and he was going to have to come back Monday but one of the attendents told them he had been trying since the last Friday to get his broken rib taken care of and they took pity and gave him medical attention. Scary times indeed.

Matthew328
03-29-2012, 08:51 AM
I think everyone has a horror story or two like that..I know from personal experience my in laws haven't gone through that..but it'll be interesting for me to see it for myself...

Txbroadcaster
03-29-2012, 11:42 AM
I think everyone has a horror story or two like that..I know from personal experience my in laws haven't gone through that..but it'll be interesting for me to see it for myself...

exactly..at parkland a guy died in ER after waiting for over 15 hours...every side has people that fall thru

defense51
04-04-2012, 06:07 AM
I think I'm going to be an interesting case study on how this works...I'm going to go into my move to Canada with an open mind about the health care and see how it all works out...will be interesting for sure..
Kind of a baptism by fire... you're in Canada, this is our healthcare. Deal with it! The horror stories are always a lot more sensationalized then the good ones.

Old Tiger
04-04-2012, 09:37 AM
How about the horror stories of insurance companies not wanting to cover....those are more horrible.