PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Worth ISD Football?

Bullaholic
03-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Why is it that the Ft. Worth ISD never seems to produce a football power?

Matthew328
03-28-2012, 01:53 PM
1) Horrible facilities
2) Lack of coaches
3) Lack of true middle school feeders
4) Coaches that are there have to teach a lot of classes
5) Administration that cares zero about football
6) Strong programs in suburbs that football players generally migrate to

Bullaholic
03-28-2012, 01:58 PM
1) Horrible facilities
2) Lack of coaches
3) Lack of true middle school feeders
4) Coaches that are there have to teach a lot of classes
5) Administration that cares zero about football
6) Strong programs in suburbs that football players generally migrate to

Good analysis, Matt. You would think that some native son would come forward to lead one of those schools to the Promised Land sometime.

Matthew328
03-28-2012, 02:02 PM
It's basically an impossible situation IMO...there are some really good head coaches in Fort Worth but if you dont have the kids or continuity in the program its hard to be successful and the ones that do succeed ****!! (see Arlington Heights)...I can pretty much guarantee you that the coach at South Hills if given a chance in the burbs would do a fantastic job...dude can flat out coach...but he's at South Hills so going 5-5 there doesn't pop on the resume even though he probably should have gotten coach of the year consideration...lol

coachc45
03-28-2012, 02:21 PM
It's basically an impossible situation IMO...there are some really good head coaches in Fort Worth but if you dont have the kids or continuity in the program its hard to be successful and the ones that do succeed ****!! (see Arlington Heights)...I can pretty much guarantee you that the coach at South Hills if given a chance in the burbs would do a fantastic job...dude can flat out coach...but he's at South Hills so going 5-5 there doesn't pop on the resume even though he probably should have gotten coach of the year consideration...lol

Amen JJ does an excellent job. And his staff as well. They won 4 of those 5 by flat out-coaching the other team...

defense51
03-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Our freshman team had to play Eastern Hills and Dunbar in place of Venus and Hillsboro due to lack of players for failing grades. Both games were played in Ft. Worth, our attendance as the visiting team probably tripled the attendance of the home team. The coach was getting an ear full from the fans on every play, some were even down on the track. The players were coming off the field and talking to mom and dad in the stands, the coaches were having to search for players to send them in. Controlled chaos is the best way i can describe both games. I can't imagine that situation to be inviting to very many coaches.

GrTigers6
03-28-2012, 03:23 PM
I officiated several sub varsity games in ft worth last fall and that was the consensus I got as well. They had very few coaches, Mostly one per team. Sometimes two for the jv and freshman.