:1popcorn:

Ok--maybe it was popcorn....

Txbroadcaster
03-28-2012, 11:12 AM
That is how G is in the booth..running over everything

BwdLion73
03-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Ok--maybe it was popcorn....

I still have trouble getting that popcorn image out of my head. I've been semi traumatized since seeing that talent on display during the Cisco/Ref. game at Cowboy Stadium.

orange machine
03-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Honestly its a shame there is not more runningbacks like this Campbell. To many kids and pro runningbacks want to side step and juke and try to gain their yards that way and there is a time for that, but if you want to send a message run like a mad man and plaow people over. The defenders will get sick of trying to take you on head on and start trying to arm tackle thats when you juke and side step. All kids who are runningbacks starting in middle school should have to watch films of Earl Campbell and learn how to use your body as a battering ram.

Gsquared
03-28-2012, 11:59 AM
I still have trouble getting that popcorn image out of my head. I've been semi traumatized since seeing that talent on display during the Cisco/Ref. game at Cowboy Stadium.
What pop corn display?

Gone Fishing
03-28-2012, 03:28 PM
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4565/animation18yasa8.gif

I was a die hard Oiler fan for years and went to many many games, remember this play like it was yesterday.... I agree more running backs need to go north and south full speed and then make a small cut off of that, bet their average per carry would increase. I call it 10 speed, 40 speed is for track, 10 speed is for football......

orange machine
03-28-2012, 03:51 PM
I was a die hard Oiler fan for years and went to many many games, remember this play like it was yesterday.... I agree more running backs need to go north and south full speed and then make a small cut off of that, bet their average per carry would increase. I call it 10 speed, 40 speed is for track, 10 speed is for football......
That's a great analogy and very true. Hard nosed running is fun and entertaining.

Txbroadcaster
03-28-2012, 03:54 PM
hard nose running is fun to watch..and it ends RB's career shorter than they should

Bullaholic
03-28-2012, 04:18 PM
How G2 got his start in broadcasting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eRgZOZ8o4s

orange machine
03-28-2012, 04:42 PM
hard nose running is fun to watch..and it ends RB's career shorter than they should
It's football if you don't won't to be physical don't play.

Txbroadcaster
03-28-2012, 04:48 PM

sorry I dont believe in that...I prefer kids who love HS football for the game itself, not just ramming their heads against each other because it is the man's way

Bullaholic
03-28-2012, 04:50 PM

Agree up to the NFL, OM. Run into everybody, everytime, instead of around some, and your career will be very short in the NFL as a RB. Ask Earl Campbell or Marion Barber.

orange machine
03-28-2012, 04:55 PM
sorry I dont believe in that...I prefer kids who love HS football for the game itself, not just ramming their heads against each other because it is the man's way
You act like they are banging their heads on a concrete wall. I understand that you can get injured, but that's part of the game. It's obvious that football will no longer be football in the future with all the rules and people being so soft.

Parents and kids who don't want football to be so physical need to join a flag football team because it's getting ridiculous how soft people and football are getting.

Txbroadcaster
03-28-2012, 04:57 PM
You act like they are banging their heads on a concrete wall. I understand that you can get injured, but that's part of the game. It's obvious that football will no longer be football in the future with all the rules and people being so soft.

Parents and kids who don't want football to be so physical need to join a flag football team because it's getting ridiculous how soft people and football are getting.

again it is not being soft when testing shows the game can basically impede lives..I will take a softer version of football over no football at all..I dont need to see a guy ramming into people just to do it to make me enjoy the game

Old Green
03-28-2012, 05:10 PM
hard nose running is fun to watch..and it ends RB's career shorter than they shouldExactly. I saw Earl about 10 years ago in Austin at a restuarant. He's damn near a cripple for all the abuse his body took.

orange machine
03-28-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm all about playing safe, but it's getting ridiculous. It's all good though everybody is entitled to an opinion.

Pendragon13
03-28-2012, 06:30 PM
again it is not being soft when testing shows the game can basically impede lives..I will take a softer version of football over no football at all..I dont need to see a guy ramming into people just to do it to make me enjoy the gameEvery job/career has occupational hazards...factory workers are around toxic chemicals and dangerous machinery, and can also have lifelong physical effects from years of repetitive motions. Office workers can develop heart disease due to a sedentary lifestyle, people who work outdoors can develop skin cancer etc...

A career in the NFL that may have some lasting physical effects doesn't sound so bad now does it..;)

Old Dog
03-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Power running is a beautiful sight. Watched clips of Larry Csonka and John Riggins in their prime............was inspiring. NFL will outlaw that next...........LOL.

Tx Challenge
03-29-2012, 12:30 AM
Saw Earl about 13 years ago in Pop Warner watching his son. Very nice guy. He showed signs of fatigue and limped into the stands. Wish Earl well. Best runner I have ever seen.

orange machine
03-29-2012, 07:31 AM
TXB and im not trying to call you out, but most NFL players after their careers probably do walk around with a gimp and hurt, but they chose to play the game just like MMA Fighters choose to fight. Are they supposed to stop punching each other in the face because its causing to many cuncussions? I mean thats where football is turning to now you cant do this and you cant do that then whats the point in playing? Most high school kids as you know dont go on to play at the next level so the chances of them walking around with a gimp or getting seriously hurt is slim. If i was a coach i would be teaching my runningbacks to lower their shoulders and head gear in a safe way and run the defender over.

Its real football their are dangers with the sport the players and parents know going into it that their are dangers its part of it. All these rules and regulations dont hit hard junk reminds me of our Government stepping in and regulating everything we do. MMA will turn into a blowing sport, football will turn into full pads with flags on the hip because people are affraid athelets will still get hurt, Basketball will turn into playing only around the world with know contact because someone might get a bruise from an elbow, baseball will turn into teeball, but the ball will be a tennis ball for safety. I mean this is where we are heading its stupid.

Bullaholic
03-29-2012, 09:21 AM
TXB and im not trying to call you out, but most NFL players after their careers probably do walk around with a gimp and hurt, but they chose to play the game just like MMA Fighters choose to fight. Are they supposed to stop punching each other in the face because its causing to many cuncussions? I mean thats where football is turning to now you cant do this and you cant do that then whats the point in playing? Most high school kids as you know dont go on to play at the next level so the chances of them walking around with a gimp or getting seriously hurt is slim. If i was a coach i would be teaching my runningbacks to lower their shoulders and head gear in a safe way and run the defender over.

Its real football their are dangers with the sport the players and parents know going into it that their are dangers its part of it. All these rules and regulations dont hit hard junk reminds me of our Government stepping in and regulating everything we do. MMA will turn into a blowing sport, football will turn into full pads with flags on the hip because people are affraid athelets will still get hurt, Basketball will turn into playing only around the world with know contact because someone might get a bruise from an elbow, baseball will turn into teeball, but the ball will be a tennis ball for safety. I mean this is where we are heading its stupid.

OM, I'm not trying to take the opposite side---as most know---I am an "old school" football fan. However, in today's NFL arena the physical development (due to legal and illegal means) and speed of the athletes is so great, that no human RB can stand that kind of pounding over a period of time without serious or debilitating injury. Just look at the dominance of the defenses against the running game in almost every game due to super-quick gang tackling, or just vicious full-speed 1-on-1 hits due to the athleticism of the defenders. Love to see the good hits just like most fans, but things have changed. Maybe a good analogy would be the forced use of carburetor restrictor plates on engines by NASCAR because engine technology advances were allowing the cars to run so fast that they far exceeded any modicom of safety limits. I hope that advances in helmet technology will allow the game to be played like we all enjoy without having to "hamstring" the game more.

BwdLion73
03-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Saw Earl about 13 years ago in Pop Warner watching his son. Very nice guy. He showed signs of fatigue and limped into the stands. Wish Earl well. Best runner I have ever seen.

Hell I'm only 10 days older than Earl and I occasionally limp around and show signs of fatigue. :eek::)

MGAR
03-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Oh yea, BTW, Happy Birthday Earl!!!!!

Tejastrue
03-29-2012, 11:58 AM

Could this explain some of the fatigue? :wave:

http://www.earlcampbellmeatproducts.com/default.asp

MGAR
03-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Hot-n-Cheddar links are the bomb!