PDA

View Full Version : Celina folks

bolshavik
03-26-2012, 03:13 PM
I got a question for yall. How in the world can yall run a 41.1 and a 3:15 this early and without one of your kids that runs a 48 on your mile relay team yet, make such early exits in the playoffs lately? I mean I dont wanna hear yall dont have speed. Yall got speed. Plus, yall got those big ole huge linemen getting recruited right and left. Speed + big ole lineman = early exit???????? That just doesn't figure to me. Wow, whats the deal?

MGAR
03-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Simply put, the teams that knock them out are better.

Matthew328
03-26-2012, 04:40 PM
when you play a freshman QB it can tend to limit you on offense also

Tejastrue
03-26-2012, 04:48 PM
when you play a freshman QB it can tend to limit you on offense also

Don't know what they have returning but that QB will probably have the last laugh.

Saggy Aggie
03-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Definitely quite a few teams lately doing a lot more with a lot less talent imo

bolshavik
03-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Heck, with kids that fast and a line that big and strong seems a 4th grader could turn and hand off to fast guys running behind DI linemen

Z-RO
03-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Heck, with kids that fast and a line that big and strong seems a 4th grader could turn and hand off to fast guys running behind DI linemen

:ditto:

bobcat1
03-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Heck, with kids that fast and a line that big and strong seems a 4th grader could turn and hand off to fast guys running behind DI linemenIt's coming...... wait for it. Next 3 years will be something to behold.

bolshavik
03-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Man alive, wait for it? Where has it been lately? Got the fastest,strongest kids in 3A, able to beat Desoto/Lancaster in foot races but scared to play Melissa? What's next? Lose to Nevada Community or Penus..I mean Venus???

bobcat1
03-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Man alive, wait for it? Where has it been lately? Got the fastest,strongest kids in 3A, able to beat Desoto/Lancaster in foot races but scared to play Melissa? What's next? Lose to Nevada Community or Penus..I mean Venus???http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/dogncar1/lmao.gif You one funny guy Bolsonchin

orange machine
03-26-2012, 07:23 PM
One of the biggest problems in my opinion has been the lack of depth at runningback. For years Celina has played with hard nosed runningbacks that would not go down and would lower their heads and run over you. The runningbacks the last few years have not been able to break tackles and get the tough yards.

I my mind their is a big ? as to who will carry the Rock this year, I know they have a couple of kids they are looking at and one of them can absolutely fly and burn up the field. He just needs to gain weight I believe he is 6'2 and weighs around 180-185lbs they would like for him to gain 10lbs by august.

orange machine
03-26-2012, 07:28 PM
By the way Celina probably won't have a real big oline this year maybe the smallest in years, but they will be very quick and should be able to move.

marler1972
03-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Track speed does not always mean football speed.

orange machine
03-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Track speed does not always mean football speed.
That's a good point. Last year I thought speed wise Celina could hang with Henderson, but what I saw was that although Celina had some speed Henderson had alot more. Celina had 4 few players that could run with best of them, but Henderson had alot more. I still think it comes down to technique more than anything. Ive seen to many teams who play good technique and have no speed beat up on teams with bad technique and great speed.

If Celina can find some olinemen that want to get after it and the runningbacks step up the sky is the limit. The defense will be good it always is for the most part.

Matthew328
03-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Good point OM...1-4 Celina may be as fast as anyone...but if 5-11 is a mismatch that can be a big issue

bolshavik
03-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Celina has made a living out of beating teams because their 5th kid through their 50th kid was better than anybody elses. What happened?

zebrablue2
03-26-2012, 08:55 PM
By the way Celina probably won't have a real big oline this year maybe the smallest in years, but they will be very quick and should be able to move.

Set up the right schemes for those lineman and they will open some holes and ring some bells. Would rather have small and quick rather than big and slow..

orange machine
03-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Celina has made a living out of beating teams because their 5th kid through their 50th kid was better than anybody elses. What happened?
I think every program goes up and down, but the big question is how far down do you go? Alot of teams will have a good group of kids come through and have a ton of success just to fall off the map. I'm not knocking this team because they have great kids and staff, but Liberty Hill is a prime example of a good group of kids with great sucsses then they graduate and the run is over. For Celina they have obviously not produced or done aswell, but they are still making the playoffs. Most teams would love to have Celina's down years and I guess that's what you could call them, but they have some great talent coming up that should be playing on varsity this year that will compete for a title. The sophomore class this coming year has alot of good football players. Celina's done years should improve this year.

orange machine
03-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Set up the right schemes for those lineman and they will open some holes and ring some bells. Would rather have small and quick rather than big and slow..
That's the truth most of Celina's titles in the 90's and 2005 played with olines that were not all that big. The boys that will more than likely start are not small in size just short. The 3 that I think have the best chance at starting are mirror images in size to each other. They are all around 5'9 and 215lbs on a good day lol. It's gonna be funny seeing RT Jake Rauleron who is 6'5 lined up with the other linemen who are 8 inches shorter.

Gone Fishing
03-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Track speed does not always mean football speed.:iagree:

And Doesnt mean football "players" either...

Txbroadcaster
03-26-2012, 11:57 PM
We always joke about East Texas speed..but what really makes teams like Henderson and other East Texas teams fly is the football quickness...Gilmer has never been loaded with 4.3 guys, but on the field they are so damn quick in the skill positions it mkes them look fast.

Bullaholic
03-27-2012, 09:46 AM
I think every program goes up and down, but the big question is how far down do you go? Alot of teams will have a good group of kids come through and have a ton of success just to fall off the map. I'm not knocking this team because they have great kids and staff, but Liberty Hill is a prime example of a good group of kids with great sucsses then they graduate and the run is over. For Celina they have obviously not produced or done aswell, but they are still making the playoffs. Most teams would love to have Celina's down years and I guess that's what you could call them, but they have some great talent coming up that should be playing on varsity this year that will compete for a title. The sophomore class this coming year has alot of good football players. Celina's done years should improve this year.

I agree, OM---there are plenty of teams who would love to have one of Celina's "down" years. There are just certain teams that fans and many others expect to be on top every season, and Celina is certainly one of those. Celina is one of those teams that must be "beaten" by the other team---they don't give many games away, and relentlessly drive the ball deep or score on almost every possession. If they get the kind of player mix together again like in the SC years---they will add to their ring collection because of their tradition, high expectations, and blue-collar work ethic. Love em' or hate em' you have got to respect the Bobcats whether they are in an up or down season because you know they are going to have a lot more "ups" than "downs".

WildTexan972
03-27-2012, 03:41 PM
the whine by this communist dude is basically the last 2 years apparently, in which the brilliant UIL made Celina at mid-500s in student count be forced to D1 where teams with almost 1000 kids play em, and in football that depth is a big player....Henderson was recently a 4A drop down so that shows just how big they are, and they played up to it...make fun of Celina if you choose to, but they do have the skins on the wall and in the past they were not winning titles as the larger school or with the bigger kids, they just won - this year they go back to a normal district with some decent competition and still will not have a cakewalk to the semis....the last few years has been a rare plethora of talent concentrated in that district of doom that accumulated several titles and still will be good this year, so not only was Celina behind them in overall talent, but pretty much ALL teams were....

but at least we are humble about the 8 we have won.....

bolshavik
03-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Wildtexan- Yall had the FASTEST kids in the state last year, yall are running a 41.1 and a 3:15 right now. Huge lineman plus speed to burn and get kicked in the early rounds? THE FASTEST KIDS AND HUGE D1 LINEMEN. I know exactly who I blame.

orange machine
03-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Wildtexan- Yall had the FASTEST kids in the state last year, yall are running a 41.1 and a 3:15 right now. Huge lineman plus speed to burn and get kicked in the early rounds? THE FASTEST KIDS AND HUGE D1 LINEMEN. I know exactly who I blame.
You have to understand that those fast kids on the track team are not runningbacks and that's been in my opinion part of the issue not having the tough hard nosed backs.

bigwood33
03-27-2012, 08:10 PM
I think that was a jab at Coach Ford...but I'm not a Celina fan and I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice.

bolshavik
03-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Nope, Coach Ford is awesome. Great Coach.... One of the best ever in my opinion

bolshavik
03-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Vargas wasn't a RB? He never carried the ball?

sandbagger
03-27-2012, 08:27 PM
nice thread

bolshavik
03-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Im just saying Celina folks get on here and brag all the time, how good, big, fast they are. Just wondered if they are so fast and big why the getting beat by TCA and almost losing to Plano Prestonwood for goodness sake. Henderson BLASTED them, they lose to Kennedale (while holding them to 69 total yards) so it isn't the defense.

orange machine
03-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Vargas wasn't a RB? He never carried the ball?
Vargas rarely played any runningback he started at lb.

orange machine
03-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Im just saying Celina folks get on here and brag all the time, how good, big, fast they are. Just wondered if they are so fast and big why the getting beat by TCA and almost losing to Plano Prestonwood for goodness sake. Henderson BLASTED them, they lose to Kennedale (while holding them to 69 total yards) so it isn't the defense.
Your right it's not the defense I told you what I thought it was, lack of depth at runningback. Jamark who has been the primary back for the last 3 years got better each year, but he needed more help and hasn't had it.

bolshavik
03-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Well, maybe he shoulda...And he isn't the only one.

Prestonwood and TCA = WOW

orange machine
03-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Well, maybe he shoulda...And he isn't the only one.

Prestonwood and TCA = WOW
Jamark was the only true runningback Celina had and I'll leave it at that. Besides the past is the past Celina has been down a few years not making it as deep in the playoffs as some think they should.

The only thing we can go off of is what is returning this year and with that being said Celina has a great field general at qb who will be playing on Saturday's in the near future. Celina's offense should be built around him and his strengths. Like most years the talent is there we will all have to wait and see what happens.

bobcat1
03-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Im just saying Celina folks get on here and brag all the time, how good, big, fast they are. Just wondered if they are so fast and big why the getting beat by TCA and almost losing to Plano Prestonwood for goodness sake. Henderson BLASTED them, they lose to Kennedale (while holding them to 69 total yards) so it isn't the defense.So this sounds like a jab at the OC??? Is that where you're going?

bolshavik
03-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Hey, who runs the Track program over there?

Ernest T Bass
03-27-2012, 09:59 PM
:1popcorn:

orange machine
03-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Hey, who runs the Track program over there?
The OC is a great coach and knows what he is doing. Let's not forget he has a few state title rings on his fingers as the OC!!!

The coaches can only coach the players have to make the plays sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If the coaches can fill the runningback positions and the backs can give a hit and take a hit Celina will compete for a title. By the way I here Celina did get a move in and his last name "Torbert" is very familiar in Celina.

bolshavik
03-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Don't get all carried away guys. Just kinda kidding some of the braggarts from C town. Im sure they will start getting back to the finals again real soon

regaleagle
03-27-2012, 10:24 PM
IMO, Celina will be very formidable this year with their qb maturing into his leadership role. He will become another element to defend against, giving the running game w/Jamark and himself a much better opportunity to be effective. His passing skills will also loosen up the opposing defense and allow for even more opportunities to score. Look for Celina to win our District 9, and go deep in the playoffs. They will be DII, so they very well could make a run to the SC game.

orange machine
03-28-2012, 07:17 AM
IMO, Celina will be very formidable this year with their qb maturing into his leadership role. He will become another element to defend against, giving the running game w/Jamark and himself a much better opportunity to be effective. His passing skills will also loosen up the opposing defense and allow for even more opportunities to score. Look for Celina to win our District 9, and go deep in the playoffs. They will be DII, so they very well could make a run to the SC game.
Jamark graduates this year. Celina still has some holes to fill primarly at runningback and they have a few good looking backs if they mature and play hard nosed.

CMETILT
03-28-2012, 11:55 AM
His passing skills will also loosen up the opposing defense and allow for even more opportunities to score. .

If they run an offense that allows him to throw it effectively. Roll out passes on every attempt limit his ability. That's what killed Celina in the playoffs when they faced teams with equal or greater speed that could cover the one side of the field they were rolling too.

Twirling Time
03-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Regarding the opening question, I wouldn't call the state quarterfinals and losing to the defending state champions an "early exit." But that's just me.

regaleagle
03-30-2012, 12:13 AM
You Celina fans aren't fooling this Argyle fan. And I guess we are District 10 with you guys now. I know that Celina is poised for a great season with some very good athletes that will make believers out of all the disbelievers, regardless of what some that don't play you may say. Been there, seen it...firsthand. Good Luck this season, except when we get together, lol.

marler1972
03-30-2012, 07:42 AM
Celina/Argyle game is week 10 in Celina

bolshavik
03-30-2012, 05:39 PM
DURN....I didn't know the 2nd round was the quarterfinals already...Celina been playing in TAPPS the last few years?

sandbagger
03-30-2012, 06:28 PM
celina should have a better chance in the playoffs the next two years since theirs no
chance of playing argyle, lovejoy and prosper the early rounds.

regaleagle
03-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Lovejoy and Prosper are adios to 4a, and Argyle could go D-1 if Aubrey makes the playoffs in District 10. Ranchview and Lone Star are the two other schools larger than Argyle in our district(5 teams). Celina will remain D-2 regardless.

Gone Fishing
03-31-2012, 09:42 AM

I'll say it again boys: Track players are not automatically "football players".......It doesnt hurt, but its not a given..... and it all boils down to the HC and the entire football program that is in place. Wimberley's track program sucks and has for years. We have a couple of kids that can break 11.0 and neither one will start on football team.. They do have about 15 kids that can run 11.5 to 11.8 or 23.0 to 24.0 or 51.0 to 52.0 THAT can flat play football....

Gone Fishing
03-31-2012, 09:54 AM
You make it sound like D-1 is better than D-2. I disagree. I think its more of a way to divide the class so 3 teams get in and thats it. One year the D1 route may be tougher and one year the D2 route may be tougher. Wimberley won the D1 SC in 05 and the D2 this year. In 05 Wimberley had an easier 'road to the semis than this year. IMO. When you get to the final four (eight) then I think it is very equal whether your that great 3A team that has 600 kids or that great 3A team that has 950. Wimberley had about 625 in 05 and was D1 SC and 690 this year and won D2 SC

regaleagle
03-31-2012, 12:21 PM
I will agree with you that the road to the SC is one game less in D1, and that in the past it may have actually been an easier road to win the title. Argyle went to the SC in 2A as a D1 the year Celina was in our district and won it in D2, so you're preaching to the choir here. However, for the upcoming season(s), I'm thinking D1 will be loaded with tougher competition come playoff time. What happened in the past is just that, the past. What is happening in 3A now will be different with the realignment and dropdowns. The best teams will still be the best teams, but I believe you will see them in D1 in the years upcoming in 3A. JMO, and debateable as usual. Going deep in the playoffs is exciting and braggadocious, regardless of what division you are in. But with the current line-up of teams poised to make runs in D1 this upcoming season, I would say Celina is better off to do that in D2, just like Argyle would be, that's all.

Gone Fishing
03-31-2012, 02:36 PM
I will agree with you that the road to the SC is one game less in D1, and that in the past it may have actually been an easier road to win the title. Argyle went to the SC in 2A as a D1 the year Celina was in our district and won it in D2, so you're preaching to the choir here. However, for the upcoming season(s), I'm thinking D1 will be loaded with tougher competition come playoff time. What happened in the past is just that, the past. What is happening in 3A now will be different with the realignment and dropdowns. The best teams will still be the best teams, but I believe you will see them in D1 in the years upcoming in 3A. JMO, and debateable as usual. Going deep in the playoffs is exciting and braggadocious, regardless of what division you are in. But with the current line-up of teams poised to make runs in D1 this upcoming season, I would say Celina is better off to do that in D2, just like Argyle would be, that's all.

You may be right in this current alignment , but one more game to win is big when your in the playoffs. There is certainly some horses in D1 right now for sure.

marler1972
04-02-2012, 09:19 AM
You may be right in this current alignment , but one more game to win is big when your in the playoffs. There is certainly some horses in D1 right now for sure.
Just remember Celina is still relatively small in attendance.