PDA

View Full Version : Do you still watch ESPN?

Old Tiger
03-25-2012, 09:26 AM
I've come to not really watch it anymore unless its for a game. Its annoying.

SHSBulldog00
03-25-2012, 10:58 AM
I watch ESPN News or Sportscenter once or twice a day to get updated on the day in sports.

Emerson1
03-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Not really. Even for the NBA games on ESPN I will try and listen to the radio broadcast when possible. Hubie Brown is easily the worst broadcaster ever.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Not since nfl was over. I will start tuning in once MLB starts, just not interested on the sports going on right now.

regaleagle
03-25-2012, 01:35 PM
It's part of my daily tv diet. I don't watch it as much as I used to, but I do watch it daily. I like Mike & Mike in the morning early, just because they talk alot of football and they are entertaining.

bolshavik
03-25-2012, 02:06 PM
ESPN sucks in my opinion. They cause a ton of problems in my opinion, always building somebody up and also on the spot to tear them down as soon as they can.

Txbroadcaster
03-25-2012, 06:20 PM
ESPN does not do anything the fans dont want..they did not decide the Tebow mania, they presented news, the fans responded so they sent more.

People think the world of media is driven by the media outlets when it is the other way around, the consumer drives the product.

bolshavik
03-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Chicken and the egg argument. Negativity and scandall sells, just because it sells and is easy to publish doesn't mean you run the story.

coach
03-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Chicken and the egg argument. Negativity and scandall sells, just because it sells and is easy to publish doesn't mean you run the story.

You do if you want to be the best, hence espn is the best sports programming business in the world.

big daddy russ
03-25-2012, 07:17 PM
No.

But then again, I don't have cable.

Txbroadcaster
03-25-2012, 08:04 PM

then a network gets blamed for being selective and biased...you have to run what is out there.

bigwood33
03-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Let there be no doubt, ALL media outlets are selective and biased and ESPN is not above the fray. It is naive to think otherwise.

To the question at hand, I only watch ESPN occasionally. I used to watch Sports Center every day but just can't stomach it anymore.

bolshavik
03-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Somebody has figured out that, In America, keeping the masses scared and nervous makes them buy stuff. That is why you always have the gloom n doom reports like Y2K,End of the world stuff, Mayan calender,Inclement weather,political unrest reports, shortage of oil, global warning, stock market instability,crime, etc..etc.. How many times does your local news station start their broadcast with..." A rash of robberies in ________ could you be next?" , That is how it is done. It makes you buy guns, security systems, etc... This is what ESPN has become as well. Build up a hero like Tiger, Tebow,Jordan etc..Then tear them down as soon as you can. Just how it goes

Roughneck93
03-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Not since nfl was over. I will start tuning in once MLB starts, just not interested on the sports going on right now.Same here. Pretty much get any sports info online throughout the day anyway. Once MLB gets going, I'll tune in as well.

Old Tiger
03-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Let there be no doubt, ALL media outlets are selective and biased and ESPN is not above the fray. It is naive to think otherwise.

To the question at hand, I only watch ESPN occasionally. I used to watch Sports Center every day but just can't stomach it anymore.your last paragraph is pretty much how i feel.

Txbroadcaster
03-25-2012, 11:58 PM
of all the shows on ESPN I actually prefer First take, it is actually the most raw show on the network.

Farmersfan
03-26-2012, 07:39 AM
I watch Sports Center every morning to get updates on the previous day's sports but I'm just about out on that also. Somebody seriously needs to tell these guys that just because a person was a good athlete it does not mean they can be a commentator.

Txbroadcaster
03-26-2012, 08:01 AM
I watch Sports Center every morning to get updates on the previous day's sports but I'm just about out on that also. Somebody seriously needs to tell these guys that just because a person was a good athlete it does not mean they can be a commentator.

cue Emmitt Smith LOL

coach
03-26-2012, 09:16 AM

hell according to this site, every commentator to walk the face of the earth is terrible.

Old Tiger
03-26-2012, 10:02 AM
of all the shows on ESPN I actually prefer First take, it is actually the most raw show on the network.I enjoyed it in the beginning when It was cold pizza but skip bayless schtick is annoying.

Buckeye1980
03-26-2012, 10:43 AM
When some says they watch it when it is something they want to watch, I will ask this do you watch ABC , NBC, CBS when it is something you do not want to watch ? Yes I watch it when there is something I wanna see, if it not there I watch some other network. Does ANYBODY watch something they do not want to watch?

Old Tiger
03-26-2012, 10:52 AM
When some says they watch it when it is something they want to watch, I will ask this do you watch ABC , NBC, CBS when it is something you do not want to watch ? Yes I watch it when there is something I wanna see, if it not there I watch some other network. Does ANYBODY watch something they do not want to watch?I'm sure a lot of married men do ha

Tejastrue
03-26-2012, 12:38 PM
I enjoyed it in the beginning when It was cold pizza but skip bayless schtick is annoying.

Damn, I agree with you. Never have liked the guy.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-26-2012, 05:04 PM
What other option is there to see on cable about football, Big Time Sports Network? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_RLkU9XB98

waterboy
03-27-2012, 08:40 AM
I'll watch ESPN if there are not any other channels carrying the broadcast I want to see. I do prefer the broadcast teams on FSSW, and when I'm forced to watch a game on the other networks it's just nowhere near the same, but what can you do? I'll tune into ESPN otherwise only if I'm looking for a score. I find myself tuning out the broadcast, whatever it may be, and watching the ticker with scores at the bottom of the screen.

Lion70
03-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Mike and Mike followed by Colin Cowherd then I am espnout. First take is hard to get into. Stephen a SMith is horrible dude always yells.

Old Tiger
03-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Mike and Mike followed by Colin Cowherd then I am espnout. First take is hard to get into. Stephen a SMith is horrible dude always yells.Cowherd is so hypocritical. He'll be so negative about a person and so against them and then all of a sudden he's on their gnads.

Especially with soccer...they used to play those clips of him ragging on soccer. Now he's all about soccer and how its getting popular.

Txbroadcaster
03-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Cowherd is so hypocritical. He'll be so negative about a person and so against them and then all of a sudden he's on their gnads.

Especially with soccer...they used to play those clips of him ragging on soccer. Now he's all about soccer and how its getting popular.

could it mean he evolves?

Old Tiger
03-27-2012, 11:03 AM
could it mean he evolves?Perhaps.

He did the same with Tebow as well.

It just makes him look ridiculous when he is complete opposite. If he wasn't a 180 of the topic it wouldn't be as bad really.

You get what I mean?

theville
03-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Does anyone watch the NFL 32 when the have Trent Dilfer on there? This my opinion only but I can't stand the man.

By him winning a Super Bowl back in 2000 makes him have the right to criticize every QB in the NFL? You won the SB because you the 2nd best Defense ever and you sucked!

Maybe I am the only one out on this but y'all were talkin bout ESPN.....

Txbroadcaster
03-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Perhaps.

He did the same with Tebow as well.

It just makes him look ridiculous when he is complete opposite. If he wasn't a 180 of the topic it wouldn't be as bad really.

You get what I mean?

oh I know what you mean..but people change, sadly we as a nation only see their first platform and never accept people can change their mind

Lion70
03-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Does anyone watch the NFL 32 when the have Trent Dilfer on there? This my opinion only but I can't stand the man.

By him winning a Super Bowl back in 2000 makes him have the right to criticize every QB in the NFL? You won the SB because you the 2nd best Defense ever and you sucked!

Maybe I am the only one out on this but y'all were talkin bout ESPN.....

You do realize its their job to report and there will probably be some critism

Maroon87
03-27-2012, 12:50 PM
I used to watch it constantly. Now I watch ESPN News for highlights, Mike & Mike, College Gameday, and college basketball/football. Everything else seems like one long promo for something else on one of the networks.

Plus, I can't see how they continually call themselves the Worldwide Leader in Sports, when they overlook a good chunk of that night's action to repeadedly break down the Heat/Lakers/Red Sox/Yankees/etc. game that night. They should change the name to the Worldwide Leader of Fanboys.

But they won't do anything differently until the bottom line starts to suffer, like anything else.

Tejastrue
03-27-2012, 12:50 PM
oh I know what you mean..but people change, sadly we as a nation only see their first platform and never accept people can change their mind

It's not the fact that they change their mind, it's more about how often and Bayless is notorious for that. He'd make a great politician.

Heffelfinger
03-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Baseball Tonight is my favorite show.

Old Tiger
03-27-2012, 02:09 PM
You do realize its their job to report and there will probably be some critismreporting is one thing creating a story to get an audience is another.

coach
03-27-2012, 02:24 PM
reporting is one thing creating a story to get an audience is another.

shame on them for creating a story to attract an audience

LIONS#1
03-27-2012, 03:31 PM
no.....

Maroon87
03-27-2012, 03:34 PM
shame on them for creating a story to attract an audience

I know. They totally stole that approach from such journalistic stalwarts as Us Weekly and National Enquirer. Lame. :ack!:

nobogey72
03-27-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't feel the same about ESPN as I used to. The Craig James/ Mike Leech fiasco did it in for me. I just finished the book "Double T Double Cross" which was written about the Leech/Tech deal and it's pretty eye opening about ESPN's role in that saga.

Saggy Aggie
03-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Baseball Tonight is my favorite show.+1

Only show really worth watching

SintonFan_inAustin
03-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Baseball Tonight is my favorite show.:2thumbsup

Farmersfan
03-28-2012, 08:45 AM

When it's a media person it is just a little too obvious that the "change of mind" is more about what the listeners want and less about what the commentator thinks. How does a media person retain any credibility if they simply flip flop based on public sentiment?